Kodiak

All the things wrong with the newest patch

Seeing as there are bound to be dozens of topics of people saying 'X, Y and Z is broken with the latest patch', I'm temporarily pinning this topic where everyone can post anything they've found wrong with the newest patch :) Please don't start any new threads.

• Like 3

Absolutely number one for me is the now lack of a dedicated button to check the scoreboard! I consider that a bug because emotes are worthless and not worthy of a dedicated button.

Then there's the broken luck stat with weapons breaking in one hit for that douchebag Chad. Also, Jason's stun time has dramatically decreased. I agree that it was way too long last patch, but now it's back to normal and I feel it's just too short. I've filled the 'Rise' meter before Jason even hit the ground on a few occasions. I think there needs to be more of an in-between on this.

I didn't experience the following ones myself, but I've heard the thick skin perk has been nerfed again. I'm hearing people say that they've been sent into a wounded state after just one bear trap. That's kind of silly in my eyes. I've also heard people saying they die after jumping out of a two story window? Also quite ridiculous.

Other than those, though..... Every thing else about this patch is great. I'm happy the window mechanics went back.

• Like 1

Edit: I'll just keep adding to this list as I find them tonight.

Jason can grab people and still break phone boxes/windows while already holding someone.

Grabbing someone as they are going through a window sometimes makes them start flying around the map like a deflating balloon.

Packanack (and sometimes other maps) fps is absolutely atrocious.

The bat breaks in 1 hit sometimes

Jason is very unresponsive in combat stance, can no longer quickly enter and exit combat stance even when smashing the button.

Character models/clothing in the menu screen have blurry textures.

Sometimes you can get stuck when hiding if you enter the menu/mute player menu.

Sometimes when you hide your character will pant uncontrollably even when at full stamina.

Doors are still janky, not every hit will do damage to the door. You have to be glitching through the doorway in most cases for the hit to even register.

You still can't always break windows when counselors are going through them.

Hitting a counselor that is climbing through a window doesn't always do damage to them.

Using combat stance to break a high window sometimes forces you into doing the animation when you swing. It works fine but it looks funny when Jason's arm contorts like he is double jointed.

The shotgun still doesn't always harm Jason, you can shoot him point blank in the face and it will pass right through him even if he is out of his immunity period.

Counselor bear traps sometimes appear unarmed even if they are armed. Edit: Only seen this happen when playing as a counselor.

The game still freezes randomly on PC. No more fatal errors, it just freezes and continues to play music until you task kill. Edit: NVM... Still getting fatal errors for no reason....

If Jason activates one of his abilities too soon after being stunned or knocked down he is unable to swing/left click/use e on any interaction prompt unless he is hit again.

Free swinging on windows does not work properly. If you are too far away for the interaction prompt to show but you still hit the window it does nothing. Gun clearly tried to be sneaky with this, if you free swing the window you will notice that you will be forced into the animation anyway.

Unsure if this is a bug or not but the "Nerves of steel" perk used to allow you to keep your mini map when hiding but the mini map now goes away when hiding even with the perk equipped.

Kind of a shame that one lone player found all of this in less than 4 hours and Gun's QA team couldn't... If I were on that team I would be looking for employment elsewhere as quality assurance sure as shit is not their calling.

• Like 3

From what I've heard, apparently the thick skin perk doesn't work ATM. I don't have it, so I can't verify. On another note, I'm hoping the only "bug" regarding this perk is that the developers simply failed to completely delete it from the game.

The baseball bat also breaks after one hit. Good. Now they just have to change it so that Chad and Jenny, due to their high luck, can use it twice while it breaks in anyone's hands once, and I'll be a happy camper.

Other than this, heard there's some really brutal ones that need fixing like counselors becoming invisible, but I suppose I can just wait for a hot fix in the next few days or so.

Weapon durability for high luck characters gone to one hit.

Not being able to view the scoreboard intuitively especially as jason.

Jason stun is a bit too short. Last update was perfectly fine.

Those are the 3 major ones. Other then that I'm cool with it.

• Like 1

rip all the good convos already had, really seems a bit late to lock all those topics most of which had different things going on, bit of a shame, cause it seems doubtful people will want to post the same stuff again.

Also really is it a patch if its the whole game every time, its just a new build not a patch. it's a bit tiresome downloading the same broken 4 gig game everytime

• Like 3

Some days I hate being right. In an earlier thread I underscored the significant problems with Gun Media/Illfonic patching new content into the game. I warned players not to get too excited because Gun Media and Illfonic's track record of breaking the game with new content is pretty poor. I booted up the game today and bought the 1984 Spring Break costume pack before I downloaded the new update. As I looked through the new costumes Vanessa's portrait dissappeared after looking at her swimsuit. Jenny's Red and White shirt was bugged and can be selected but changes the shirt to green and white instead. When you change clothes if the shirt or bathing suit has a pattern on it it's completely blurred out. That's three bugs before I even played the actual game in the clothing screen. I don't think any play testing was done on this new update at all. Not when I can find three bugs on the clothing screen. 

Now we have reports streaming in about Jason's bugged stun recovery, invisible counselors, luck stat not working properly, traps doing too much damage, thick skin perk not working properly, people getting stuck in closets, so what gives @GunMedia_Ben and @Gertz? Is this game still in early access? Are we play testing it for you so you don't have to pay anyone else? Because if that is the case just send me the update and I will play test it for you for free. I love this game but you don't have me chomping at the bit for new content because everytime you release some you break working components of the game. Don't get me wrong this is an awesome game I like to play but it's got to be the most unpolished and poorly presented thing I ever enjoyed playing. Stop dropping the ball and do a little quality assurance please. 

• Like 1

they would never admit to the game being in early access, but really can anyone say it hasn't felt like that at all, its an extended beta, still we dont have the whole game, and what's there is broken and seemingly more broken after every new build they give us.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 2moar said:

they would never admit to the game being in early access, but really can anyone say it hasn't felt like that at all, its an extended beta, still we dont have the whole game, and what's there is broken and seemingly more broken after every new build they give us.

You know your in trouble when your fourm mod has to lock a ton of "Broken Patch" threads and pin one up so people can consolidate their flustration into one solid pile of steaming...........

• Like 2

I just dont get why they waited until super late at night to do it after it was ok with other mods all day, and mods even posted in those threads. maybe hoping people would punch themselves out and not want to post again about it, cause man it's gets sad having to say how broken the game is all the time.

With the frame rate still being an issue, undocumented nerfs to perks and the stun not working, why would you want to play, i mean i play for the game to be fun, and if you reduce my chance of surviving, why would i can to go back and play, or buy the dlc.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

You know your in trouble when your fourm mod has to lock a ton of "Broken Patch" threads and pin one up so people can consolidate their flustration into one solid pile of steaming...........

Fine with that, as long as people don't get overtly aggro about it. Constructive feedback is of course welcome but flame posts aren't :)

@2moar depends on our location. I'm not based in the US so I moderate at different hours. 

I'd also like to address a couple of these 'issues' myself.

• Jason's stun recovery is now what it should be. Example: when you got knifed, it took twice as long as it should have for Jason to recover. Now it's just for the time it takes to pull it out his neck. 
  • Luck stat not working properly may indeed be bugged. I don't think a bat should be breaking in 2 hits or less on an 8+ luck character, but I can't confirm.
  • Traps may not be doing too much damage; they may now be doing the correct amount of damage they should have been. Jason's traps were only really effective as alarms before this patch and now they're actually dangerous like they should be. You should be afraid to step in them rather than saying 'oh it's fine I've got first aid sprays, I can take out all of his traps by myself no problem'.
  • Like 4

Still dont have the Code of conduct in the game

also why even have a welcome message on the main screen if you aren't going to use it to tell people what's new, like i dunno, say something like spring break 1984 dlc clothes now available.

and it still seems awfully convenient with the timing and how other mods let the post go, just saying 

I can't confirm on the bat breaking, so I'll look at it myself later on with Chad (in his speedo, of course). Jason's stuns seemed fine to me when I was playing as him, they didn't last a minute and a half to snap out of it like he used to. Once that knife is out of my neck, you had better be running the other way or hiding because I will kill you. I can confirm that Jason's traps do deal out more damage, which is good, they need to be a threat to the counselors and not just a "Jason alarm" for where they are if they trigger it. The textures for outfits are indeed blurry during character selection and outfit changes, making it hard to determine what you want to wear if the textures don't render correctly. Still crash fairly regularly on PS4 (blue screen error) so that can be annoying especially if I am hosting a match. Had a horrible FPS dip for some reason on Packanack, and when I fired the rifle at Jason it didn't even register that I had hit him even though he was in my sights.

Not a whole lot of game breaking issues for me, it is nice to see that I can smash the windows again more efficiently. As for the scoreboard, I can take it or leave it, I mean I can check the options menu for it if I really want to see what is going on. As a counselor, I feel like the not knowing who is dead or alive really ramps up the tension and has made recent plays more terrifying simply because you don't know when you're all alone with Jason hunting for you. It can be pretty chilling to hear your friends die on mic, one by one. When I'm Jason, it's simple, I lay down my traps and then gun it to kill whomever is nearby when I'm done. I'm able to pay attention to anything, so I can count very easily in my head how many I've killed, and if I see one or two people leave the match then I'll make a quick check in the menu to see who is still around. The scoreboard isn't a necessity for me, and I'm really digging the new emotes.

I cannot select new costumes it says "Requires DLC. Select to open store." When I click on that nothing happens. Another thing is with the emotion wheel. The input directions are inverted WTF. I am on PS4.

**The scoreboard on PS4** 

Now it's a 2 step process - "Pad then L1" plus load time... that takes too long, every second is crucial when jason is chasing you!  Can't we put Emotes on the "Left Dpad" and scoreboard on the "up dpad"?

A lot of people have said that certain buttons on the D-pad are redundant; allow me to explain:

• Up on D-pad = emote wheel
  • Left/right on D-pad = inventory item selection left/right
  • Down on D-pad = drop item, hold to drop weapon

1 minute ago, Kodiak said:

A lot of people have said that certain buttons on the D-pad are redundant; allow me to explain:

• Up on D-pad = emote wheel
  • Left/right on D-pad = inventory item selection left/right
  • Down on D-pad = drop item, hold to drop weapon

The directions of the emotion wheel itself with the left stick are inverted.

2 hours ago, Trident77 said:

From what I've heard, apparently the thick skin perk doesn't work ATM. I don't have it, so I can't verify. On another note, I'm hoping the only "bug" regarding this perk is that the developers simply failed to completely delete it from the game.

The baseball bat also breaks after one hit. Good. Now they just have to change it so that Chad and Jenny, due to their high luck, can use it twice while it breaks in anyone's hands once, and I'll be a happy camper.

Other than this, heard there's some really brutal ones that need fixing like counselors becoming invisible, but I suppose I can just wait for a hot fix in the next few days or so.

Made an account just to post but can confirm thick skinned does not work. Hey guys we fixed these other perks but in the process we will screw up really important ones, you're welcome, love Gun Media!

Oh pocket knives are freaking useless if you get grabbed. Yea I mean they save you for that moment but needs to stay the way it was. It had the same stun time for 4 months and was perfect now it goes away almost immediately. You don't even have enough time to pick up a weapon you dropped after getting grabbed before he's out of it. So yea kiss those being able to start the car right after you knife after getting pulled out to get away. Now even if you go in there immediately after being let go you can even get half way to starting it to drive before he can grab again. 

My hours logged in this game is 36d, 4h, 11m on XBOX ONE. I'd say I'm pretty solid at the game, 628 deaths, 2381 jason kills and today is the first time since launch that I have hated playing this game. There are so many other problems that will be mentioned and that have occured but those are the two most annoying. I love this game but for the love of God get it right.

• Like 1

My biggest issue tonight was losing connection mid match. I was only able to complete 3 out of about 10 matches. PS4. (Connection lost and game crashing to PS4 main screen)

Jason's stun times don't bother me. Neither do his traps doing more damage (if it's not a thick skin issue). Everyone complained about Jason being too weak in the last patch. This seems like the "Jason is back to being Jason" patch. I like that! 

I love that windows can now be smashed the way you want to smash them. Great change. 

I didn't run into many of the other issues discussed in this thread. Maybe I got lucky.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

They need to go back to this screen from Alpha build for map/objectives/scoreboard.

4ah5.jpg

Yes, that is such a better design. I don't even have the patch yet, but from the sounds of it the new change is going to frustrate me.

Only complaint I have so far (only played two games after the patch) is showing who is still alive.  I hate having to push two buttons to pull that screen up.  I see no point in the emotes and they should show by pushing two buttons and they need to put it back to where when you push up on the d-pad for the kill screen.

3 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Fine with that, as long as people don't get overtly aggro about it. Constructive feedback is of course welcome but flame posts aren't :)

@2moar depends on our location. I'm not based in the US so I moderate at different hours. 

I'd also like to address a couple of these 'issues' myself.

• Jason's stun recovery is now what it should be. Example: when you got knifed, it took twice as long as it should have for Jason to recover. Now it's just for the time it takes to pull it out his neck. 
  • Luck stat not working properly may indeed be bugged. I don't think a bat should be breaking in 2 hits or less on an 8+ luck character, but I can't confirm.
  • Traps may not be doing too much damage; they may now be doing the correct amount of damage they should have been. Jason's traps were only really effective as alarms before this patch and now they're actually dangerous like they should be. You should be afraid to step in them rather than saying 'oh it's fine I've got first aid sprays, I can take out all of his traps by myself no problem'.

Agreed. Jasons stun times were double what they should have been before this patch, they're now correct. Traps should be a threat and not something people can tank through two of and use an item that's in damn near every building to make them pointless. Here's my thoughts on this from the patch notes thread: 

To those saying that Thick Skin is bugged, perhaps they realized that tanking two traps and then first aid spraying it away was just not much of a sacrifice? I'd have to agree. It was far far too easy to just tank a couple traps then first aid and be fine and dandy. That's not a sacrifice. Last night in a game I tanked a trap as Tommy while someone went in to call the cops. I had just enough time to tank one trap, escape it, fix the fuse, heal (meant to firecracker first, oops), toss fire crackers at the box, and stand in front of it while the other person finished the call. Sure, I died, but the objective got completed. That's the sort of sacrifice and teamwork that should be required for people to get past traps, not a single first aid spray and thick skin. As a counselor you can't be a super man. You need to be a team and know you're going to possibly die. It's part of the game.

It seems like too many aren't willing to sacrifice themselves in order to ensure objectives get done or to give others the time and chance to escape. 

• Like 2

i don't have a problem with the stun time of pocket knives being changed. if you think about it, a small pocket knife shouldn't stun a behemoth like jason for as long as it did. you don't have time to start the car or pick up a weapon now? tough. i think people forget sometimes that this isn't supposed to be a fair fight. councilors are supposed to die or, at the very least, be at a severe disadvantage. i have my preference set as councilor and even i think it's kinda ridiculous how easy it is to make jason look like a fool. 

as for the traps/thick skin issue, i disagree that it's ok the way it is now. i mean... if an epic thick skin hobbles you after stepping in one trap, it should kill a councilor with a lesser thick skin. if that happened people would freak. i don't think people should be able to run around and tank traps without damage, but with an epic thick skin you should at least be able to take one without limping.