Kodiak

All the things wrong with the newest patch

Found a new one over night.....

While using J8 and trying to throw counselors through a window - when pressing X, Jason would swing his weapon breaking the window while still holding the counselor. This didn't happen every time, but enough to be annoying and frustrating. Obviously, the counselor broke free each time.

I'm on PS4.

3 hours ago, Janky Legs said:

1. Chad's luck is completely broken. Luck is borked...somehow got reversed.

2. Jason stun time is shorter (Intentional?) Intentional. The stuns were lasting 50% longer than intended after the bad merge.

3. Weapons don't collide with Jason. They've been working on hit boxes, I'm guessing it is related to that.

4. Clothes glitch (However this glitch is pretty cool and gives interesting patterns) Yup.

5. Fuse inside Box cannot be repaired (Auto cancels) Has to do with the fixes made to stop people body blocking. Sometimes you have to re-position several times to get it just right. Same happens installing car and boat parts.

4 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Appreciating all the feedback guys. Been reading and notating everything here. 

Does this, along with your current activity on the forums, mean this will all be addressed soon?

7 minutes ago, Truth said:

Does this, along with your current activity on the forums, mean this will all be addressed soon?

img_4471.gif?w=640

Don't say it. It's bad luck to say it.

2 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

img_4471.gif?w=640

Don't say it. It's bad luck to say it.

So what can I say for good luck?

1 minute ago, Truth said:

So what can I say for good luck?

You can say "good luck". I'm referring to the dirty "S" word. :lol:

1. A higher up addresses people on the forums when the people have been demanding someone do so for a while.

2. People on the forums than instantly diss on the higher up.

Gee, I can't possibly wonder why the higher ups don't like appearing on the forums on a regular basis. Perhaps it's because many of you treat them like garbage?

8 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

1. A higher up addresses people on the forums when the people have been demanding someone do so for a while.

Gee, I can't possibly wonder why the higher ups don't like appearing on the forums on a regular basis. Perhaps it's because many of you treat them like garbage?

How exactly is anything we've said been a dismissal/disrespect? Truth asked if things would be addressed in the near future (not gonna use the "S" word). I told Truth not to use the "S" word since it is bad luck. :huh:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

How exactly is anything we've said been a dismissal/disrespect? Truth asked if things would be addressed in the near future (not gonna use the "S" word). I told Truth not to use the "S" word since it is bad luck. :huh:

Instead of simply being nice, the first thing you guys do is make fun of the release dates Gun Media as well as IllFonic have good reason to not reveal to the public. Simply put, no one wants to go into a forum just to have people use indrect ways to make fun of them in order to avoid drawing the ire of a moderator.

And here I wanted to ask a few questions of my own, but Ben isn't even here anymore (the pizza guy had to arrive now of all times...). Needless to say, I'm a little pissed right now.

12 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

Instead of simply being nice, the first thing you guys do is make fun of the release dates Gun Media as well as IllFonic have good reason to not reveal to the public. Simply put, no one wants to go into a forum just to have people use indrect ways to make fun of them in order to avoid drawing the ire of a moderator.

And here I wanted to ask a few questions of my own, but Ben isn't even here anymore (the pizza guy had to arrive now of all times...). Needless to say, I'm a little pissed right now.

Umm...what release dates? :D

tenor.gif

They poke fun at it as well hence the SOON. They know it is funny...and so do I. Have a sense of humor and understand that if you can't see the humor of frustrating situations, you'll spend a lot of time stressed out. You don't need to get indignant for Ben when I'm sure he sees the humor in it as well. If he forgot his big boy panties I'm sure he would say something and you could ride in to save his honor.^_^

giphy.gif

Smile and have fun. Not much else we can do. :)

• Like 1

@Trident77

I was simply asking for his input since I noticed he had been responding to a lot of posts. I don't think I said/asked anything that showed any form of disrespect. I'm sorry that you feel I did. It's not like I said "Hey Ben quit fucking around on the forums and do your job". I asked if we could expect something

59 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

would be addressed in the near future.

Nothing more and nothing less. I don't really see how I was being disrespectful.

8 minutes ago, Truth said:

@Trident77

I was simply asking for his input since I noticed he had been responding to a lot of posts. I don't think I said/asked anything that showed any form of disrespect. I'm sorry that you feel I did. It's not like I said "Hey Ben quit fucking around on the forums and do your job". I asked if we could expect something

Nothing more and nothing less. I don't really see how I was being disrespectful.

I believe Trident was upset more about me telling you not to say the dirty "S" word. He/She felt like I was mocking Ben. It was not my intention...and I'm sorry Trident took it that way. I joke around constantly. I prefer humor to arguing.

Also people seem to confuse "respect" with "courtesy". Respect is EARNED by demonstrating positive traits valued by the person you are interacting with, not an inherent right. Courtesy is civility regardless if you like or dislike someone or their actions. I always try to be courteous, but you have to earn my respect. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trident77 said:

If they'd start producing a non-garbage product, they'd be treated accordingly. They're not volunteers, and we're not beggars.

On 02/10/2017 at 2:34 AM, Apollyon said:

but i love taunting weak jasons with emotes tho.... i guess im the only one :(

Okay...maybe emotes aren't completely worthless.  :)

On 02/10/2017 at 3:45 AM, GhostWolfViking said:

I was playing tonight and randomly ran into @Alkavian on Xbox One.

Recorded some gameplay clips. More bugs too.

Unbelievable. This game seems to get more and more broken with every update.

Again, fix the base game (frame rate issues, glitches, bugs) and actually test things you fix before pushing them live. Once the game actually works as it should, THEN add new stuff. This is getting embarrassing.

Of course, I'm just upset that I can't play the game (that I paid $40 for) at all after the last update. At all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Unbelievable. This game seems to get more and more broken with every update.

Again, fix the base game (frame rate issues, glitches, bugs) and actually test things you fix before pushing them live. Once the game actually works as it should, THEN add new stuff. This is getting embarrassing.

Of course, I'm just upset that I can't play the game (that I paid $40 for) at all after the last update. At all.

Game breaking bugs are happening to me every match on Xbox One. After playing 3 LONG matches with @Alkavian with game breaking bugs he quit.

Then after he left I played 7 more matches. Bugs in all of them.

I quit for the night when I fixed a 4 seater. Jumped in and started the car. Got stuck with A on the screen and could not drive or exit the car. Jason grabbed me.

I instantly die and the car flips over to be destroyed. Quit the lobby and shut down the game.

MSFsg6S.gif

Bad performance, frame rate drops, lag, crazy bugs that ruin any chance of escaping and more.

I really enjoy playing the game but, the bugs are out of control.

When the core gameplay and your different ways to escape have bugs every match it's a serious problem.

RvVKczs.gif

tenor.gif

I would also like a prestige system added. XP is useless at level 101.

Killing players for -1000xp does not effect me at all. ;)

steam-roller-o.gif

• Like 2

I played the three matches with Ghost and there was a pretty serious bug in every match (different each time). I played about five matches later in the evening and only saw one serious bug. Generally, I've not seen many things (with frequency) that are terribly game breaking; more inconvenient than anything. That day just seemed to be THE DAY for all hell to break loose. It was certainly the most stuff I've seen happen in such a short amount of time. Glad Ghost caught the stuff on video for Illfonic to have a look at.

I'm not in the camp that the game is broken. I'm in the camp that the game needs tweaking and polish. Ghost has been having more trouble than myself, but that seems to be often the case in these forum chats. Some people have horrible game crashes and bugs...some of us have hardly any (until Ghost shows up and brings the gremlins with him :lol:). Some people have a broader definition of "broken" than others of us who have been gaming 30+ years and have seen the horror of awful games over DECADES. Frankly, F13 isn't even a blip in the universe of terrible games.

Atari had a whole list of stinkers to go with their hits. Not to sound like anyone's grandpa, but in our day they didn't even have patches to un-fuck the mess or DLC's to expand a tired game. You paid $60 for the game - as is (broken or otherwise) - enjoy. Worse, you didn't have anyone reviewing it on Youtube or media to spare you the bad investment. We certainly didn't have forums to slather each other's shoulders with salt and snot or a direct line to the developers.:P And I'm sure a few of you will be like, "Hey Alk! I played SNES. I know what you mean." I played Pong on Colecovision...Nuff' said.

coleco.jpg Ahh yes....state of the art...in 1982.

Pong-1920x1200-31.jpg

As long as GUN media and Illfonic continue to move forward to make the game better I'm happy. I have patience, born of age and experience...and years in the Army didn't hurt for learning to be stoic in the face of adversity. Here are a couple tidbits of life advice for the younger folks here>

RULE #1  Don't sweat the little things.

RULE #2  Everything is little things.

tumblr_m8z174lqpZ1qhz3hpo1_250.gif

• Like 4

I don't know if its related to the latest update or not, but last night I noticed a lot of issues with Jasons weapon failing to register damage when said weapon strikes a counselor. I would be literally on top of a counselor, swing my weapon and it just wouldn't register. I noticed this happening to other Jasons as well. 

I have been seeing cars flipping a lot more. Also have had a few incidents of grabbing counselors and none of the buttons for kills coming up, even the head punch which requires little area, then the counselor breaks out and floats. Collision with Savini Jason is still very off, especially when hitting a counselor. Still not able to hit a counselor climbing in a window and have to wait until they are inside to activate the animation. 

I play on Xbox if anyone else is reporting those there.

21 hours ago, Alkavian said:

I'm not in the camp that the game is broken. I'm in the camp that the game needs tweaking and polish. Ghost has been having more trouble than myself, but that seems to be often the case in these forum chats. Some people have horrible game crashes and bugs...some of us have hardly any (until Ghost shows up and brings the gremlins with him :lol:). Some people have a broader definition of "broken" than others of us who have been gaming 30+ years and have seen the horror of awful games over DECADES. Frankly, F13 isn't even a blip in the universe of terrible games.

Atari had a whole list of stinkers to go with their hits. Not to sound like anyone's grandpa, but in our day they didn't even have patches to un-fuck the mess or DLC's to expand a tired game. You paid $60 for the game - as is (broken or otherwise) - enjoy. Worse, you didn't have anyone reviewing it on Youtube or media to spare you the bad investment. We certainly didn't have forums to slather each other's shoulders with salt and snot or a direct line to the developers.:P And I'm sure a few of you will be like, "Hey Alk! I played SNES. I know what you mean." I played Pong on Colecovision...Nuff' said.

coleco.jpg Ahh yes....state of the art...in 1982.

Pong-1920x1200-31.jpg

As long as GUN media and Illfonic continue to move forward to make the game better I'm happy. I have patience, born of age and experience...and years in the Army didn't hurt for learning to be stoic in the face of adversity. Here are a couple tidbits of life advice for the younger folks here>

RULE #1  Don't sweat the little things.

RULE #2  Everything is little things.

tumblr_m8z174lqpZ1qhz3hpo1_250.gif

All out of likes sir, but couldn't have said it better myself. 

On 9/28/2017 at 5:10 AM, Kodiak said:

Lecter I've told you before about saying stuff like that; knock it off.

@KillsFaceDaily please don't multi-post; I've merged your posts into one. Multi-posting is when you post more than 2 replies in a row without someone else contributing in-between. Use the edit function to edit previous posts and merge new quotes in.

Sorry dude....New to the whole forum thing...Knowing myself I'll probably screw that up again so I'll just read other peoples posts than say anything about them lol.

On 9/22/2017 at 11:50 AM, Trident77 said:

I understand that we've never really been on the same page regarding changes, but you wound me by making assumptions like this. My preference is counselor; I've always enjoyed playing counselor rather than Jason because I like the thrill of being hunted down in games like this.

I've also stated that I do believe there are some nasty bugs out there like the invisible counselor one, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy certains changes like the thick skin perk not working. If you want to make assumptions about others, I'll do the same: many people are too coddled with Jason being weak before, and now that he's suddenly vicious they complain because they want Jason to be weaker. That's certainly not how the movies were, nor should it be the gameplay.

That being said, I believe a hotfix will eventually get rid of some of the nastier bugs like Luck not working properly, and I also know the game will not bend according to the whims of one person like myself, but at least I can state what I believe has been overall a patch that has done more good than bad, at least compared to other patches in the past.

The thick skin not working is a bug, along with Jason only being stunned for 3 seconds .The luck is broken.

Jason has and always will have the upper hand and that's the way it should be.Hell he even has more of an upper hand when 2 out of 8 councilors have a mic WHICH IS MOST OF THE TIME.They fixed jason's swing on windows ,They let you combat hit the door which lets you knock it down faster and now stalk mode blurs the screen for a bit. Hell they even reduced the amount of pocket knives from the first build that we all had .How much more help do you need as Jason before being a councilor is obsolete .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TiffanyCakes said:

The thick skin not working is a bug, along with Jason only being stunned for 3 seconds .The luck is broken.

Jason has and always will have the upper hand and that's the way it should be.Hell he even has more of an upper hand when 2 out of 8 councilors have a mic WHICH IS MOST OF THE TIME.They fixed jason's swing on windows ,They let you combat hit the door which lets you knock it down faster and now stalk mode blurs the screen for a bit. Hell they even reduced the amount of pocket knives from the first build that we all had .How much more help do you need as Jason before being a councilor is obsolete .

Jason is stunned for more than 3 seconds. Alkavian on Page 6 of this thread did some number crunching, and discovered what the stun times were for the most part. It's also been revealed that the stun times that happened before the patch were glitches; Jason was being stunned for too long.

My post from a while back stated overall that I was happy with the state of the game other than some bugs as well as the luck stat. I agree that the luck is broken; Jenny is one of my mains, so I've noticed this considerably, which is why I also mentioned it in my post. But the luck stat will also eventually be fixed, and the current state of the game has given power back to Jason.

• Like 1

I was chatting with some players over the past few days and we came up with some ideas for additions to the game.

First, it who'd be awesome to have a map set on the property of Pinehurst Halfway House. He map could focus on the main structure, but also have a car to escape and perhaps a moped. This would be a great departure from the usual gameplay and much artistic license could be used to construct a larger compound area for the entire grounds of Pinehurst.

I also think there could be a "Forest Green" map that would basically just have slight adjustments from the Camp Crystal Lake map but more late 80s and renovated with a few new buildings. Some of the buildings could be inaccessible or boarded up and only have one way in.

A total of 6 maps would be amazing to choose from. 7 would be spectacular. Then there wouldn't be a need for any new maps.

Next, it would be awesome if another character to come back with once we die. That is, if conditions are met.

We came up with one doable idea and another more far fetched one.

first, If someone calls the police, a dead player should spawn as Sheriff Garris. This is a fair compromise for getting a second chance like when Tommy is called. I think it would be interesting if a person who dies comes back as a Sheriff Garris once the police are called. That would be very interesting. I also think Jason should get a bonus for killing him. 

Secondly, another character that could show up would be Tina equipped with unique telekinetic powers. She can stun Jason with her own cool down power. I always thought Tina was such an interesting character. These bonus characters would help with rage quitters who die unfortunately within the first few minutes and leave. If they stay, they could be chosen as either Tommy, Garris, or Tina to come back and help the campers in different ways. Dead players could have 3 chances to return if someone calls them so there's no excuse for rage quitting  also, expert Jason's would have another chance to get 3 extra kills and bonus xp for killing the special characters  

I think it would be great to have 4 more counselors to choose from.

Next, it would be great to be able to customize a 30, 20, or 15 minute game.

Also, it would be nice to customize your favourite counselor with 3 trait points. Like the perks, those trait points can be removed or added to another counselor

As well, I think adding another way to escape would be nice. A moped. You have to find the wheel and the keys and it can seat two people.

Lastly, finding a way to prevent the same items from spawning in the same cabins would be a huge help. For example, two maps in the same cabin. 

I believe all these ideas would help to continue elevating the game, thanks for listening!