There have been several inquries into the location of the status screen showing counselors. The status screen was not removed, If you press the menu button on PS4 or Xbox One, using the right and left bumpers will toggle between your map and the status screen. Hope that helps everyone out.

• Like 6

I think everybody knows that. The problem people have with this is the fact that it's not as accessible as it was pre-patch. It gets a little annoying. Also annoying is the fact that the up button doesn't even do anything for Jason now. Why remove the option for Jason when he obviously doesn't need emotes? 

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, TestedTwice said:

I think everybody knows that. The problem people have with this is the fact that it's not as accessible as it was pre-patch. It gets a little annoying. Also annoying is the fact that the up button doesn't even do anything for Jason now. Why remove the option for Jason when he obviously doesn't need emotes? 

Maybe they’re adding emotes for Jason in the future? ;)

24 minutes ago, TestedTwice said:

I think you would be surprised by how many people were unaware. Enough to warrant a pinned post at least ;)

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Well that's not convenient at all....

No. It isnt. It's pretty damn dumb imo. I've learned that time is the biggest thing that can make or break a round for Jason or counselor. Not having a simple and easy button for the scoreboard is just dumb.

Every second counts.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

No. It isnt. It's pretty damn dumb imo. I've learned that time is the biggest thing that can make or break a round for Jason or counselor. Not having a simple and easy button for the scoreboard is just dumb.

Every second counts.

Yes. I use that screen every few seconds. While on the move. This change ruins that. 

• Like 7

I don't think anyone really ask for emotes as well. I mean it's cool, but to move the scoreboard from the up button is just dumb.

• Like 2

I am downloading it now but this seems fine.  They want to add a feature which sounds funny to use.  I liked the quick access to menu too but slowing it down makes it a little harder and I'm fine with that.  I'll take new content any way can get it at moment.  Has been dry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JPops said:

I think you would be surprised by how many people were unaware. Enough to warrant a pinned post at least ;)

Fair enough. I’m having a bit of an easier time checking the scoreboard as counselors, but it’s downright irritating and annoying to have to pause the game and go to the mute screen to have to check this as Jason. There is no reason for removing that feature for Jason. In my honest opinion, emotes are even worthless to begin with. It’s like people that play with microphones are being punished because of those that won’t, therefore they need a way to communicate. Five games as a counselor and I didn’t use emotes once. It’s just a gimmick that will lose its novelty after two or three matches. I mean, why does anybody need an emote for “run?” Nobody is going to use that legitimately. If you see Jason, you obviously run. Nobody is going to stop and use the emote (which completely inhibits your ability to run anyway, since you need to use the left stick to select an emote). 

• Like 6

Why can't pressing up serve both functions? Pressing up brings up the counselor status screen on half the screen with the emote wheel on the other side. Or the status screen with the emote wheel as an overlay type of thing. No action can be taken from the status screen anyway so the emote portion of it could still function the way it does currently. Two birds one stone. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, TestedTwice said:

I didn't know this so appreciate this post.  It's still a hassle when you need info on the fly. 

53 minutes ago, A.J. Mason said:

Why can't pressing up serve both functions? Pressing up brings up the counselor status screen on half the screen with the emote wheel on the other side. Or the status screen with the emote wheel as an overlay type of thing. No action can be taken from the status screen anyway so the emote portion of it could still function the way it does currently. Two birds one stone. 

Now there's an idea! I actually really like that one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A.J. Mason said:

Perhaps another good idea would be to just make it so the right directional button cycles through the inventory, and holding the left one brings up the scoreboard? I think we could manage hitting the right button a couple extra times to cycle through the three whole items we can carry as counselors. Maybe?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2moar said:

every update they make the game harder and less fun to play

Not more difficult in challenge, just harder to actually play.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MikeyRu said:

And how is Jason supposed to do it?

You need to pause the game and go to 'Mute Players.' Yeah, bullshit. It's easier as a counselor, but you need to completely stop moving and whatever else you're doing to check it; whereas before I could just keep running and use my left index finger to hit the D-Pad.

I agree the scoreboard needs to be on the up d-pad.  I have no interest in the emotes and I think the way you get to the scoreboard now should be the way you get to the emotes.  Please fix this!!!!!

As I said in the locked topic, Rear View (R1) should be removed for walking counselors and changed to Emote, with Up staying as the Scoreboard.

Nobody uses it, you can replicate it be spinning the camera, and it doesn't make thematic sense either (you don't have eyes in the back of your head).

R1 can still be Rear View while driving, and still Block while in Combat Stance, as you can't Emote during either anyway.

It's incredibly frustrating when the developers continually pull shit like this. It's the window debacle all over. It's like none of you play your own game or understand your own community. I don't know anyone who doesn't hate this change, or couldn't have identified it as a big problem after just one match.

Is it not enough that you don't QA test updates to the degree that each new one adds more ruinous glitches, but that you don't focus test either, so each one also unnecessarilly damages gameplay in some regard too?

Nobody wanted pointless jokey Emotes that break immersion and reward people not talking, and certainly not at the expense of an important gameplay function.

Gun/Ilfonic - please sort your shit out before you start permanently alienating your audience. I've been playing since day 1, and am about at my limit at being an unpaid beta tester. Every new update, rather than increase my desire to play more, has actually just made me and my friends play less and less.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, JPops said:

There have been several inquries into the location of the status screen showing counselors. The status screen was not removed, If you press the menu button on PS4 or Xbox One, using the right and left bumpers will toggle between your map and the status screen. Hope that helps everyone out.

Yeah it doesn't help. As usual with another update comes the added bullshit of more problems. It's not game breaking but very fucking annoying. 

2 hours ago, Brigadius said:

They just need to  go back to this. 

4ah5.jpg

FUCK YES! This function on the "select" button for consoles (touch pad on PS4 I guess).

4 hours ago, Tsunaron said:

Not more difficult in challenge, just harder to actually play.

Out of likes but I completely agree.

2 hours ago, Brigadius said:

They just need to  go back to this. 

4ah5.jpg

13 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

FUCK YES! This function on the "select" button for consoles (touch pad on PS4 I guess).

This would satisfy everyone. Just remove the objective screen for Jason and voila.

• Like 3