GunMedia_Ben

Patch Notes - 9.21.2017

2 hours ago, KillAProduction said:

You can see the scoreboard, Stop crying

Jason cant, stop talking.

7 hours ago, Tiffany said:

Oh! Good to know it’s still there! Wish it was still as easily accessible as it was, but not the end of the world either way.

You'd be surprised how many people depended on that almighty scoreboard. I get that it can be useful information, but once a match starts, I very rarely even think to look at it because I'm busy hunting or trying to stay hidden while looking for stuff.

New patch is great! Sadly there's still a little bit of issue with swinging at windows. I found it more a Jason 6 issue, and since my cousin has Savini we tested it with him too. Both, I presume due to their weapon range and swing animations, still can't exactly break windows with ease. Also from the bit of testing we did Jason 6/Savini have a bit of trouble hitting counselors while going through windows. Perhaps this applies to all Jasons, I'm not 100% sure. We mainly tested 6 for me and Savini for my cousin. It's much better than it was prior to this patch, which is great! A bit more tweaking so it functions 100% and it'll be fantastic. Having the prompt and normal swing as options is exactly what I wanted for the windows as a good compromise of old and new. 

To those saying that Thick Skin is bugged, perhaps they realized that tanking two traps and then first aid spraying it away was just not much of a sacrifice? I'd have to agree. It was far far too easy to just tank a couple traps then first aid and be fine and dandy. That's not a sacrifice. Last night in a game I tanked a trap as Tommy while someone went in to call the cops. I had just enough time to tank one trap, escape it, fix the fuse, heal (meant to firecracker first, oops), toss fire crackers at the box, and stand in front of it while the other person finished the call. Sure, I died, but the objective got completed. That's the sort of sacrifice and teamwork that should be required for people to get past traps, not a single first aid spray and thick skin. As a counselor you can't be a super man. You need to be a team and know you're going to possibly die. It's part of the game.

Edited by VenomSymbiote

UK PS4 player here, since the patch dropped for NA PS4 users, I have found getting into a populated lobby next to impossible... I know a little about the bureaucracy that surrounds the different regional bases of the PSN, as I've had dealings issues with content being available to PS4 NA users and not to PS4 EU users...

new content appearing on the EU PSN Store usually occurs on a weekly basis, but update patches for games are normally issued as soon as SEN EU approves the files, for example yesterday an update patch was downloaded by my console for a Namco game, and an update patch was downloaded for a Harmonix game... so patches for game fixes/rebalancing/compatibility/general updates to the core game etc seem to be released as soon as the patch is passed to SEN EU and they are happy that it won't cause any problems...

as far as SEN EU being closed, to the best of my knowledge their physical base is located in London UK, and there are currently no public holidays (IE bank holidays) that would cause SEN EU to cease operations... the only thing in recent days that could have any kind of impact on SEN EU operations is the attack on the London tube at Parson's Green... as plenty of other players have pointed out, the current situation, irrespective of who has caused it to be so, isolates EU players from the rest of the player base

EDIT - when trying to join a public match with a friend from Maine USA, the game gives the "could not retrieve connection details" error, so the patch delay, irrespective of where the blame lies, means EU players are indeed isolated from the rest of the player base

Edited by BossDanny
had more to add

It would have been nice to see the whole status screen mess listed in these update notes. Instead, it was a complete surprise. I actually had to look at the controller mapping to figure out where it was at, and it was THE very first thing I noticed when I played following the update.

It makes absolutely no sense to remove it when playing as Jason, I just don't get it.

22 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Fixed an issue that was causing Jason’s stun timer to double when being stunned

So, before this update, Was Jason double stun duration in any situations?

4 minutes ago, xlukeofthedeadx said:

Any idea when the update will be available for PS4?

It's been available since yesterday. It went live around 5pm (my time in Canada) and not long after the Spring Break '84 was in store (just search the number 84).
If in Europe it should be available by Tuesday 26th.

1 minute ago, xOutOfMyMindx said:

It's been available since yesterday. It went live around 5pm (my time in Canada) and not long after the Spring Break '84 was in store (just search the number 84).
If in Europe it should be available by Tuesday 26th.

I live in Europe, I don't remember being delay for the last few patches though.

4 minutes ago, xlukeofthedeadx said:

I live in Europe, I don't remember being delay for the last few patches though.

They stated on the very topic that EU Sony wouldn't be till next week due to delay.
Either couldn't or didn't get approved. Sadly for you Europe people you will have to wait a few extra days and shelf the game for a few days. Or play something else.
I've personally never really understood the whole Sony America and Sony Europe thing but sadly, thats just the way it goes sometimes.

18 hours ago, KillAProduction said:

And that's what happens if you mix US inhabitants with EU inhabitants atm. They're wearing Spring Break clothes which is already available in the US, but the update didn't come yet in the EU. The game doesn't recognize the clothes. :lol:

8 minutes ago, HowAreYa said:

And that's what happens if you mix US inhabitants with EU inhabitants atm. They're wearing Spring Break clothes which is already available in the US, but the update didn't come yet in the EU. The game doesn't recognize the clothes. :lol:

Could that explain the invisible counselor issues people have been reporting?

11 minutes ago, Truth said:

Wouldn't be shocked seeing as EU users aren't going to have the available textures or emotes on their system.

19 minutes ago, Truth said:

Yes, that's right.

2 hours ago, convi-yk said:

So, before this update, Was Jason double stun duration in any situations?

Stun Time of Jason was doubled. You might not remember but before previous patch was the same as it is today.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tiffany said:

You should report these to jasonkillsbugs.com so they’re flagged!

Done. Hopefully these are fixed soon.

48 minutes ago, mojitodominic said:

Stun Time of Jason was doubled. You might not remember but before previous patch was the same as it is today.

This is incorrect. There were certain situations where stun time was doubled. It was rare. This patch has reduced standing stun time on Jason to just over 1 second. That was never the standard.

• Like 1

Thank you for the update! Look forward to playing it! Keep the content coming.

And still waiting for the Camp Counselor Database!!!!!!!!! Need an ETA, please!