One thing I really think this game needs, is more reaction from the counselors. More voice lines. For soooo many kills, all you get is the counselor makin a couple grunts. Like there's a fucking mutated murderer chopping an axe through your skull. Or even the tree/arm pull kill. They are just like " uhhhh, grrrrrr, errrr". 

The best one they have imo is part 7 Jason I believe ? When he kicks a male character down on the floor to do a special machete kill, the male says " please help meee, he's killing meeee!"  That's pretty realistic. Anyways who agrees with this? It would be more realistic!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ChickenNuggetFromSpace said:

The best one they have imo is part 7 Jason I believe ? When he kicks a male character down on the floor to do a special machete kill, the male says " please help meee, he's killing meeee!"  That's pretty realistic. Anyways who agrees with this? It would be more realistic!

Just nitpicking this part to say that it's actually a reference to Rob Dier in part 4. He might look familiar as well.

But I agree with you overall. They definitely need more voicelines. Especially when coming across a dead body. They should at least say their names.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Just nitpicking this part to say that it's actually a reference to Rob Dier in part 4. He might look familiar as well.

But I agree with you overall. They definitely need more voicelines. Especially when coming across a dead body. They should at least say their names.

Holyyy shit I love that scene. I've never seen it! It would be so amazing if the reactions were like those two ! Really believable and full of terror. Lol

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ChickenNuggetFromSpace said:

Holyyy shit I love that scene. I've never seen it! It would be so amazing if the reactions were like those two ! Really believable and full of terror. Lol

I remember reading about how that scene "transformed" the rest of the movie, but I watched the director's commentary not long ago, and he mentioned that it kind of upset him that when he showed the film, audiences would laugh at that part. I always thought it was cheesy/funny myself, but I know some people found it horrifying and realistic.

I wouldn't be against better/different reactions, but I don't feel as though it's a priority, really. But i'll admit small detials of immersion seem to be important to the community. Individual, unique voices would be nice. 

40 minutes ago, SolidusPrime said:

I remember reading about how that scene "transformed" the rest of the movie, but I watched the director's commentary not long ago, and he mentioned that it kind of upset him that when he showed the film, audiences would laugh at that part. I always thought it was cheesy/funny myself, but I know some people found it horrifying and realistic.

When I re-watched Part 4 recently, I found it to be simultaneously the best and worst line in the movie. It's so terribly awkward I can't believe that it actually got into the final cut. Too funny!  Anything would have been better, a scream, help me, anything. It's like he's doing  play by play. Thanks for clarifying, Rob. I wasn't quite sure what was going on down there. It does taint the scene, but not the rest of the movie, for me at least.

1 hour ago, Bigfoot said:

When I re-watched Part 4 recently, I found it to be simultaneously the best and worst line in the movie. It's so terribly awkward I can't believe that it actually got into the final cut. Too funny!  Anything would have been better, a scream, help me, anything. It's like he's doing  play by play. Thanks for clarifying, Rob. I wasn't quite sure what was going on down there. It does taint the scene, but not the rest of the movie, for me at least.

I agree. What also makes it funny is he starts to say the line before Jason even starts killing him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChickenNuggetFromSpace said:

One thing I really think this game needs, is more reaction from the counselors. More voice lines. For soooo many kills, all you get is the counselor makin a couple grunts. Like there's a fucking mutated murderer chopping an axe through your skull. Or even the tree/arm pull kill. They are just like " uhhhh, grrrrrr, errrr". 

Funny. I brought this exact question to gun on twitter right after beta ended, they told me they have a lot more coming. 3 months later. Still playing the beta as far as I'm concerned. But here's to hoping??

The counselors had scream reactions when they saw Jason, but for some reason were removed from the game. One thing I would change though is instead of counselors going "Holy shit is that a dead body!?" Is replace it with their reaction when Jason kills the power and they go "Ah! oh my god.." Because that's a much more appropriate response to a dead body, especially if it's someone they would recognize. 

I don't understand the point of "is that a dead body?" It's incredibly stupid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, undrtkr said:

I agree. What also makes it funny is he starts to say the line before Jason even starts killing him. 

Hahaha. It's almost like he doesn't believe it's happening. I mean, he went there to hunt down a serial mass murderer. Did he expect to be tickled?

About the character reactions, it is ridiculous as Kalopsia said above. No, they aren't dead bodies. They are performance artists. Give me a break. Exclamations like "No!", "Oh,God!", or "Why?" or even sobbing a little would make a lot more sense in the situation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChickenNuggetFromSpace said:

I agree, and especially,.. I DON'T like the fact that some of the male counselors have lines that are used over multiple people. That's just unrealistic and poopy. Why does Lachappa sound like Kenny? And Buggzy like Kenny? Come on folks! Make these characters pop out to us!

• Like 1

I REALLY agree with this. Lip sync would be cool too but I can understand if that comes after the voice acting. I also do like the idea of them mourning for their friends and even sometimes saying the dead character's name. On top of that I do believe the topic of Tommy's intro lines being way to cheesy was brought up a while back from somewhere... Either way I completely agree to that too.

Asking if it's a dead body is just too cheesy and should never happen. It should be in this order, (surprise> sorrow/hopelessness> mourning/hopelessness> anger/frustration/fear) depending on the personality of who is saying it and how much they were attached to the dead person. As for Jarvis, his intro line should be anger and revenge plus a little crazy.

I do have to give props for the acting when Tommy hits Jason though, those are some of the best lines in the game besides "You better get every last motherfucking cop out here to camp crystal lake!" I love that one.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChickenNuggetFromSpace said:

I came here to read the original post knowing that I was going to see exactly what you said....everyone who has a kind of twisted mindset always wants to hear character crawl and beg for their lives.In the mortal kombat community before the game releases there is always a couple of people wanting to see characters crawl away and beg for their lives right before they piss themselves and then die .Your councilor screams "PLEASE NOOOO" when Jason is right behind them...is that not enough for you?

12 hours ago, TiffanyCakes said:

I came here to read the original post knowing that I was going to see exactly what you said....everyone who has a kind of twisted mindset always wants to hear character crawl and beg for their lives.In the mortal kombat community before the game releases there is always a couple of people wanting to see characters crawl away and beg for their lives right before they piss themselves and then die .Your councilor screams "PLEASE NOOOO" when Jason is right behind them...is that not enough for you?

Obviously it's not enough, I clearly stated that lmfao. It's not realistic to just take a death with grunts. People would be screaming at the top of their lungs like in well idk THE MOVIE.