Can we make it that when you click you're ready, that's it? Nothing worse when a group of people all start clicking furiously between the two with two minutes left. 

6 minutes ago, BigRed said:

Can we make it that when you click you're ready, that's it? Nothing worse when a group of people all start clicking furiously between the two with two minutes left. 

I believe the intent is to alert silent participants that they haven't readied up, yet. Sort of a visual "Dude. We're all waiting."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I believe the intent is to alert silent participants that they haven't readied up, yet. Sort of a visual "Dude. We're all waiting."

Yeah I totally get that. Same way that "there's only twenty seconds left, which means you have five if you're in settings..." but it's more annoying than the amount of children who blow into the microphone and talk trash. 

2 minutes ago, BigRed said:

Yeah I totally get that. Same way that "there's only twenty seconds left, which means you have five if you're in settings..." but it's more annoying than the amount of children who blow into the microphone and talk trash. 

But how else would people communicate that they are impatient and wish to begin receiving stimulation?

• Like 1

Just now, NthnButAGoodTime said:

But how else would people communicate that they are impatient and wish to begin receiving stimulation?

They can use their mouth.

I agree with the OP.  Once you've clicked that Ready button you should not be allowed to unready yourself.  This could also be solved by allowing players to make their counselor and Jason choices BEFORE entering a lobby.  Unfortunately, it only remembers the last ones that were used. Since we can choose the perks for each character before we enter we should also be able to lock in the other choices as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 8bitbobby said:

I agree with the OP.  Once you've clicked that Ready button you should not be allowed to unready yourself.  This could also be solved by allowing players to make their counselor and Jason choices BEFORE entering a lobby.  Unfortunately, it only remembers the last ones that were used. Since we can choose the perks for each character before we enter we should also be able to lock in the other choices as well. 

It would be nice to see your badges and perks while you wait and I wouldn't mind having them to play around with but un/ready constantly is just annoying. 

5 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

It's really annoying. If the lobby does it more than once, I leave.

To be honest mate, that really doesn't help the existing lobby issues of trying to get a game with a full group of people. Especially if you're host. Not just mute the TV for two minutes?

Just now, BigRed said:

To be honest mate, that really doesn't help the existing lobby issues of trying to get a game with a full group of people. Especially if you're host. Not just mute the TV for two minutes?

It feels like you're having a different conversation here.

1 minute ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

It feels like you're having a different conversation here.

See when you say you're ready and the big tick comes up over the box? People untick then tick it in quick succession. That's annoying. 

People then leaving because of that is more annoying. 

Do you get me now? My bad if that was difficult to understand. 

Just now, BigRed said:

See when you say you're ready and the big tick comes up over the box? People untick then tick it in quick succession. That's annoying. 

People then leaving because of that is more annoying. 

Do you get me now? My bad if that was difficult to understand. 

I see what you're saying. But I'm not going to suffer a lobby that has a bunch of assclowns who think it's funny to check/uncheck the box while giggling like a bunch of fucking twits. If I stay, then the I have to put up with what's annoying. If I leave and everyone else thinks it's annoying, then I don't see how that's my problem. I'm not going to help be part of a solution for a problem I never asked for.

Just now, Smitty_Voorhees said:

I see what you're saying. But I'm not going to suffer a lobby that has a bunch of assclowns who think it's funny to check/uncheck the box while giggling like a bunch of fucking twits. If I stay, then the I have to put up with what's annoying. If I leave and everyone else thinks it's annoying, then I don't see how that's my problem. I'm not going to help be part of a solution for a problem I never asked for.

If they are all giggling, yeah. I get that. Can't say I've ever had that, personally, but for the sake of waiting up to three minutes I can be patient enough to start a game (which could be my upwards of fifth attempt). 

31 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

27 minutes ago, BigRed said:

If they are all giggling, yeah. I get that. Can't say I've ever had that, personally, but for the sake of waiting up to three minutes I can be patient enough to start a game (which could be my upwards of fifth attempt). 

Again, I don't think this is done as a way to pester other players, but a way to communicate to people that are holding up the lobby, because they're sitting around on their phone and didn't notice they hadn't readied up yet. The assumption is that "this person might not hear us, let's offer a visual cue." 

Think of it as similar to flashing your flashlight at an objective for a player that speaks a different language.

Just now, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Again, I don't think this is done as a way to pester other players, but a way to communicate to people that are holding the lobby up because they're sitting around on their phone and didn't notice they hadn't readied up yet. The assumption is that "this person might not hear us, let's offer a visual cue." 

Think of it as similar to flashing your flashlight at an objective for a player that speaks a different language.

Exactly. I also do it to piss off my friends that get annoyed by it but for the most part you're spot on.

19 hours ago, Truth said:

Exactly. I also do it to piss off my friends that get annoyed by it but for the most part you're spot on.

19 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Again, I don't think this is done as a way to pester other players, but a way to communicate to people that are holding up the lobby, because they're sitting around on their phone and didn't notice they hadn't readied up yet. The assumption is that "this person might not hear us, let's offer a visual cue." 

These are the same people who then rage quit I’ve found though. It’s only annoying. 

I can't speak for everyone that does it, but I don't rage quit. Maybe rage a bit, but I'm no quitter!

I made Jason rage quit last night though. Got the car started and filled in the first 2 minutes, juked him through the woods then he quit right before we got to the exit. I actually crashed twice before he got to us too. He had plenty of chances to get us.

• Like 1

Just now, Truth said:

I can't speak for everyone that does it, but I don't rage quit. Maybe rage a bit, but I'm no quitter!

I made Jason rage quit last night though. Got the car started and filled in the first 2 minutes, juked him through the woods then he quit right before we got to the exit. I actually crashed twice before he got to us too. He had plenty of chances to get us.

Ha ha ha! Yeah, I’ve had a few moments like that too. On my adventures I found Pam’s jumper, three pocket knifes, a flare gun, and took them all to one room with a trap outside it, inside it, two med sprays, two fireworks, and the shotgun. Once I had ran through them I jumped out the window with the medsprays (that I can use twice) and ran away. 

Just now, BigRed said:

Ha ha ha! Yeah, I’ve had a few moments like that too. On my adventures I found Pam’s jumper, three pocket knifes, a flare gun, and took them all to one room with a trap outside it, inside it, two med sprays, two fireworks, and the shotgun. Once I had ran through them I jumped out the window with the medsprays (that I can use twice) and ran away. 

I've been getting lucky with the pocket knives lately. I had 3 knives in 2 of my games last night and the rest I still had at least 1 knife. Normally I'll pass them around, but I was in quick play and nobody was talking. I also found a tape finally!

1 minute ago, Truth said:

I've been getting lucky with the pocket knives lately. I had 3 knives in 2 of my games last night and the rest I still had at least 1 knife. Normally I'll pass them around, but I was in quick play and nobody was talking. I also found a tape finally!

I found two tapes back to back in games. #5 and #17. Was praying for the host not to quit. 

Damn... That's some good luck! I'd be buying a lottery ticket after that.

Was there any pattern you noticed?

1 minute ago, Truth said:

Damn... That's some good luck! I'd be buying a lottery ticket after that.

Was there any pattern you noticed?

Nah. Chad, changed my clothes, just looking for stuff for points in drawers. No fancy perks, no left only turns, no squatting before opening every door, just luck. 

There was speculation that there was some trick to finding them. The F13 support team said it on twitter or something. I'm pretty sure they were full of shit. There doesn't seem to be a pattern based on what everyone else is saying.

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

There was speculation that there was some trick to finding them. The F13 support team said it on twitter or something. I'm pretty sure they were full of shit. There doesn't seem to be a pattern based on what everyone else is saying.

Then I can confirm from my run of luck of finding two in three months that play as Chad and open drawers. 

• Like 1