Kodiak

"I found a Pamela/Jarvis tape!" - Post any comments about these elusive tapes here

I found my first one yesterday randomly looting a cabin. I forgot they even existed bc I haven't found nor heard anyone talk about them until I stumbled upon it in a drawer.

I yelled out in sheer excitement and nobody cared lmao!

I found 15 tapes, but i have only 10. 5 tapes of i found is disappeared. Im not one, who loses a tape.

Kodiak tell: Tapes are random, and there are no duplicates. They're very rare.

Someone send this glich to JKB?

I found my 7th one last night. 6/7 of my tapes have been found on Higgins map. either at the lodge, or the NE and NW top houses. All 7 I have found in the last 4 weeks, zero before that.

1 hour ago, Lostosrach said:

I found 15 tapes, but i have only 10. 5 tapes of i found is disappeared. Im not one, who loses a tape.

Kodiak tell: Tapes are random, and there are no duplicates. They're very rare.

Someone send this glich to JKB?

Thank you, I see that now. I really hope this glitch is fixed on this weekend's update. The tapes are so rare as it is, it's extremely frustrating to find one and not get to keep it.

So..check it... Ive found 17 pam tapes and ive only gotten credit for 9.... Soooo... I figured i found 4 w aj and 5 with vanessa and had only been playing w vanessa... So i switched to tiffany... First run out found a tape and was given credit for it... This leads me to believe certain characters can only find certain tapes... After you find em all you arent given credit for what you find.

Em, i had 9 tapes before the last game, then i found the 10th. but in my collection there are still nine tapes. Are you sure there is no duplicates in game and youll get the tape which you dont already have?

10 minutes ago, token said:

Em, i had 9 tapes before the last game, then i found the 10th. but in my collection there are still nine tapes. Are you sure there is no duplicates in game and youll get the tape which you dont already have?

One of the moderators said there are no duplicates. So it's likely just one of the many glitches in the game.

I have 4 tapes...but should have 6 as found 2 last week but they didn't show up so guessing you can get duplicate ones which is annoying! :wacko:

59 minutes ago, lost_vamp said:

I have 4 tapes...but should have 6 as found 2 last week but they didn't show up so guessing you can get duplicate ones which is annoying! :wacko:

I have found 14 but only have 11 and I only play with adam. The games i did find one and didnt keep it were also completed games where nobody quit. So i believe there are duplicates

Found my forth tape a few minutes ago. Now I have 8, 12, 18 and 19. Again at Packanack (small), in the cabin by the main road.  Played as Bugsy, lvl 63. Helped kill Jason in the same game. After a few bad ones I finally found a good group in public lobby. Ofcourse connection timed out, luckily after the match ended so all's good!

2 hours ago, Mwilkinson269 said:

I have found 14 but only have 11 and I only play with adam. The games i did find one and didnt keep it were also completed games where nobody quit. So i believe there are duplicates

The moderator on this site says there are no duplicates. I just found my 8th tape today and it only shows that I have 5. This glitch of not keeping tapes that are found is a real pain in the ass

In Higgins Haven Small, I was being chased by Jason. I've barricaded the house I was hiding in, and open up a few drawers and then - PAMELA TAPE!

My very first tape and I shouted out real loud when I got it.

I was in level 57 when I found it, on PS4.

I had a frustrating situation happen.

I've gotten one tape.

Not long ago, I found another and completed the match. I wanted to keep playing before checking it out, but when I went to check it, I didn't have it.

So either it counted me as not having found it, or I found a duplicate of he only tape I've ever found.doi__rea_gaston__sitting_in_his_chair_by

level 64 and i finally found my first. it was in a small, single door cabin on crystal lake by the, i believe, two-seater. the kicker was that a cabin that someone else had looted already! i died about 30 seconds later, but it was totally worth it. 

found my 5th tape last night (Sunday).  Just me and one other person playing in the lobby.  We were practicing driving the car.  Found on packanack small.  Im a level 43.  Playing as AJ.  Was in the last drawer of the last cabin I checked.

Just found two tapes in a row both on packanack small and it didn’t give them to me m soooooooo pisssssedddd they are so rare and when you find one it doesn’t show up/ let you have it I call bullshit

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stoneface said:

Just found two tapes in a row both on packanack small and it didn’t give them to me m soooooooo pisssssedddd they are so rare and when you find one it doesn’t show up/ let you have it I call bullshit

Yep, frustrating bullshit

On 9/27/2017 at 8:05 PM, Jason4prez said:

I found my fourth tape picked it up match ended normally but it doesn't show up 

Same thing happened to me yesterday.  I found 2 tapes in back to back matches and didn't get to keep either.  I'm so pissed!!!!!

On 10/7/2017 at 10:15 AM, Jedi4203 said:

So..check it... Ive found 17 pam tapes and ive only gotten credit for 9.... Soooo... I figured i found 4 w aj and 5 with vanessa and had only been playing w vanessa... So i switched to tiffany... First run out found a tape and was given credit for it... This leads me to believe certain characters can only find certain tapes... After you find em all you arent given credit for what you find.

Interesting

I had a good session last night i found 2 tapes in about hour, next game somebody else found one too, didn't feel quite as rare.

I've found 5 now but the last 2 didn't count. Both times the game finished out like it's supposed to. No lost connection, no host quitting, nothing. I've seen people say on here you can't get duplicates, so why are so many people not getting to keep the tapes they find? Is this a NEW memory leak issue?

28 minutes ago, Truth said:

I've found 5 now but the last 2 didn't count. Both times the game finished out like it's supposed to. No lost connection, no host quitting, nothing. I've seen people say on here you can't get duplicates, so why are so many people not getting to keep the tapes they find? Is this a NEW memory leak issue?

Same thing happened to me yesterday.  I have 5 tapes, which should be 7.  I found two tapes in back to back matches and didn't get to keep either.  My cousin found one yesterday and got to keep his.  I emailed support/bug fixes and haven't heard anything back yet.  I read on here it is a glitch and needs to be reported.  Supposedly there will be a patch along with the dlc coming out.  I'm hoping the lost tapes are stored on our account somewhere and will pull into our inventory with the new patch, but doubtful.

Just now, Stoneface said:

Same thing happened to me yesterday.  I have 5 tapes, which should be 7.  I found two tapes in back to back matches and didn't get to keep either.  My cousin found one yesterday and got to keep his.  I emailed support/bug fixes and haven't heard anything back yet.  I read on here it is a glitch and needs to be reported.  Supposedly there will be a patch along with the dlc coming out.  I'm hoping the lost tapes are stored on our account somewhere and will pull into our inventory with the new patch, but doubtful.

That and all the badges I'm missing from the early days. My achievements say I've killed nearly 300 counselors, but the badge says like 54... That's how ALL of my badges are...