Kodiak

"I found a Pamela/Jarvis tape!" - Post any comments about these elusive tapes here

285 posts in this topic

I found 6 this week and they didn't let me keep ANY of them . I've since deleted the game . Not playing this pos until they fix the glitch .

On 9/22/2017 at 10:09 PM, Mwilkinson269 said:

Ive found 6 so far, but only have 5 due to 1 being a repeat i guess. Seems like weekends they are everywhere as quite a few people i play with found a few last weekend

There are no duplicates that's a glitch . Need to report it .

On 9/19/2017 at 11:59 AM, TestedTwice said:

I've found two so far, but I unfortunately didn't get to keep the second one because the host quit before the match ended. Needless to say, I was pretty irritated. 

Doesn't matter if they leave you're supposed to get it . That's a glitch you should report it .

2 people like this

I'm 101, closing in on 400 hours and I found my second yesterday as Tiffany. I don't remember the map and I don't remember who I got the 1st tape with either. I seriously doubt there's any rhyme or reason for their spawning. I love how the devs don't really tell you how shit works. It creates this urban legend type vibe to the game

I have 7 and 11, which is also one of my favorite stores.

4 hours ago, Trickhead said:

Doesn't matter if they leave you're supposed to get it . That's a glitch you should report it .

I’d rather them work out the real bugs. I don’t care nearly enough about Pamela tapes to bother reporting it. 

Got my third tonight. 8, 12 and 18. Lvl 59, different counselors and cabins, but all on Packanack.

On 9/21/2017 at 0:32 AM, Cpt_Obviuos said:

The spawn rate has definitely been increased.  I'm not complaining;  I hope this is for those of us still playing before the new stuff drops and people come back... but it probably isn't.

It really seems that it has, and my experience supports that. In addition, I have some theories that are UNCONFIRMED but I will share here and continue to keep them in mind as I hunt down more:
1. Theory: Tapes can be found on any day but the spawn rate is higher on Fridays even if slightly so.
2. Theory: Tapes spawn at a higher rate the closer you are to the 13th of the month.
3. Theory: Tapes spawn at a higher rate the close you get to Halloween.

One fact I can confirm is this: Just because it USUALLY is the case that you find Pamela tapes early in a match, and usually in your first house, this doesn't ALWAYS have to be the case. This happens often because NEW drawers are being searched most rapidly at the beginning of the match, by the highest number of people; it makes sense that it usually happens early. Also, there are many videos on youtube where people are finding them in cabins other than their 1st, and I personally found one half way through a match, just before dying, Higgins large, Still water, Cabin by the car spawn, in the main bathroom off the foyer, in the drawer. Again, halfway through the match. While they are found early, it doesn't have to be early. The only thing Pamela Tape locations seem to have in common are 1. They are in drawers that are closed. and 2. They only spawn on the night-time maps.... (sigh) :)

I have been playing since release and found my first tape a few weeks ago. Tape number 8, which is my lucky number funnily enough. I played today and found my second tape. I went to see which one I got and nothing was there. Seems I got number 8 twice !? ?

Also has anyone noticed if the colour of the tape correlates to which number it is? I'm guessing it's random because my first tape had blue on it and the second tape was a yellowy colour but if they are both number 8 then I'm assuming the tape shell itself is just random.

I found my third tape tonight. Went to listen to it, but it wasn't there. Didn't have any issues with the match. It was finished and back to lobby. Not happy about this. 

Found my 3rd one overnight on Packanack big. Tape #1

Now have: 1, 2, 10

I have found 3 from level 1-70 all on Saturdays...

On 01/10/2017 at 2:14 PM, Trickhead said:

There are no duplicates that's a glitch . Need to report it .

Is this confirmed anywhere by the devs officially? 

I have found a tape and not been able to keep it despite the match finishing normally. A couple other people I know have had this happen too. It would be good to know that it's only a glitch because that implies it might be fixed some day :)

I'm not sure it matters if they quit ir if you do. They tapes aren't held in your normal inventory. I don't think they will wash up on shore somewhere if you die.

Im lvl 58 and i've found 2.

Host quit and I kept mine I was in mid rage when I realized I still got it. (PS4)

PS4. 4th tape in a row I received unlocked no new tapes.   I only have 6 out of 20.  That seems like too many dupes in a row for having so few unlocked. 

Considering I have found two tapes with two different counselors one on a Private match one on a Public match I have to say that this shit is completely random. Tapes were also found on Sunday and Monday.

i found my first three tapes, all last night. I've been playing since day one, level 91. Two were in consecutive games, the third was 2-2 games later. I'd still rather find keys or a pocketknife : )

Found my first tape - #19

Playing as Chad (guess he really is lucky) and found it in a random drawer early on.

I found 3 tapes so far 2 were on a thursday and 1 was on a wedsenday so the crap the can only be found on a friday is a lie or a certain level to get them 

Found my 1st tape tonight, Oct 5th at 12:52AM (technically a Thursday). I'm level 65, been playing since day 1. I was playing as Deborah. Tape #16. The map it was Higgins Small. 

I found 2 on Higgins Haven tonight.  One was a double or didn't register because I only have #2 and #13 and I already had #13.

I found my third tape Sunday morning while streaming. I feel like all the tapes I have gotten were not on a Friday. The only way we could test the drop rate theory is if every gamer posted about finding a Pamela tape and we could tally it up. We will never have a big enough census on the forums alone. I say this becausebof think of how many more people are online and finding them or not, we will never know. We would also have to dedicate the same amount of hours played each night. 

I have 16 days, 19.5 hours played in this game, and have 3 tapes. I don't know if any have been at main houses either. 

The secret to getting tapes appears to be playing as all of the councillors. I was level 92 before I finally played as Eric (my last councillor to play) and got my first tape a couple games later that night. Then another one a few days later.

I have found all four of my tapes playing as AJ.  Two of them were in a private match with just me and one other person goofing off.  I have found three in private matches and one in a public match.  I think its just luck of the draw myself.  I found all four before I was a level 40.  3 out of the four were found on a Sunday.  2 on Higgins small, one of crystal lake small, and one on Packanack large.

FINALLY found my first tape moments ago. #15. The 2nd cabin from Packanack, nearest the kiosk. 

Playing random swim trunks Kenny, seconds into the match, first place I go, first drawer I open.

Now I can actually sleep.