Kodiak

"I found a Pamela/Jarvis tape!" - Post any comments about these elusive tapes here

1 hour ago, Wolledc said:

This exactly just worked at Pinehurst, got my 10th Pamela tape

No fucking way.... Do it again! Does it work if you open the window first, or do you have to break it?

I know what I'm going to try later!

I literally played for hours writing down different scenarios things I did until I started just accidentally running and jumping thru the window then I noticed a pattern and stuck with it . I have all now so no longer jumping thru windows.

56 minutes ago, Truth said:

No fucking way.... Do it again! Does it work if you open the window first, or do you have to break it?

I know what I'm going to try later!

Tried it 10 more times/games and it worked again, but only once. So 2 out of 11 games it worked - maybe pure coincidence? 

Kenny mainly, but I've got one as fox and Eric.

I'm no expert I don't play much but I wanted to share with fellow gamers what I have found. So If it works for u then that's awesome. It doesn't work every time that's why I said 8/10 because I one hour I got at least 5 tapes and a pocket knife every time.

Done this tonight again got 3 Pamela tapes out of 5 games but didn't pick them up because I already have them all.

16 hours ago, Wolledc said:

Tried it 10 more times/games and it worked again, but only once. So 2 out of 11 games it worked - maybe pure coincidence? 

6 hours ago, Sevenscotteh said:

Done this tonight again got 3 Pamela tapes out of 5 games but didn't pick them up because I already have them all.

I tried it once last night with Mitch. First cabin I found a map, second had nothing, third had the fuse. I put the fuse in and made the call, hopped into a cabin to wait and my game crashed. When my game crashes, I take it as a sign that I should be doing something else. I'll try again later today though.

Are you opening the window then jumping in? Or just hopping through the closed window?

16 hours ago, Sevenscotteh said:

Out of 5 games I got 3 or 4 in a row might have something to do with ur fear level. 

How could fear make a difference if it's at the start of the game? Nobody should have any fear at that point...

14 hours ago, Truth said:

Are you opening the window then jumping in? Or just hopping through the closed window?

No, right after spawn, turn to the nearest cabin, run + jump through the closed window.

As this injures the counselor to a certain degree (don‘t have any thick perks on), the counselor - Deborah in my case - looked a bit frightened.

Edit: Friday night, 20 games with a.m. start: 2 tapes...

7 hours ago, Wolledc said:

No, right after spawn, turn to the nearest cabin, run + jump through the closed window.

As this injures the counselor to a certain degree (don‘t have any thick perks on), the counselor - Deborah in my case - looked a bit frightened.

Alright, I'll try that later.

Edit: didn't work... 

Edit 2: next match as Jenny I just went through the door and the first drawer had a tape... 

On 2/24/2018 at 5:51 PM, Bignewtdawg said:

Can tapes spawn in private matches?

yes

I was trying this window thing all night with no success. 

What platform are you on?

17 hours ago, FunMonster said:

I was trying this window thing all night with no success. 

What platform are you on?

On PS4, but since I posted my recent experience I had nearly 50 games, only 2 tapes.

Right now. I doubt the 8/10 success story, someone stated earlier.

I once had the host drop the lobby as my Buggzy had a Pamela tape 95% picked up. 

Found all Pamelatapes circa lvl 110-115. No patern, different maps, different counselors. 

I've found only four Tommytapes, last one about a month or two ago...

Yeah, it's just the nightmare of random number generating. Or simply put, luck. 

Unfortunately I have stinking rotten luck and I highly doubt I'll ever get a full set.

I have had more recently, but as with the trophies for 1000 matches, it will take years. Is it worth it.

I have all Pammy tapes and now when I find one, I can't pick it up? Has it been patched to avoid people grabbing duplicates?

Anyhow, so far only two Tommy tapes and the last one I found months ago. :(

On 3/3/2018 at 9:31 AM, FunMonster said:

Yeah, it's just the nightmare of random number generating. Or simply put, luck. 

Unfortunately I have stinking rotten luck and I highly doubt I'll ever get a full set.

I have had more recently, but as with the trophies for 1000 matches, it will take years. Is it worth it.

I can tell ya about bad luck......

About a week ago I found 2 Tommy Tapes in 1 match. Both in the same set of drawers in the basement of the blue house on the Jarvis map.

One tape in the left drawer. One in the right drawer. As soon as I finished picking up the 2nd tape I lose connection with the server.

It takes me back to the menu and I promptly check to see which 2 tapes they were annnnnnnnd........

Got neither.

THAT'S bad luck.

I got my first Pamela tape the other night. Took me to level 22 to get one. Not lucky at all.. hehe

35 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I can tell ya about bad luck......

About a week ago I found 2 Tommy Tapes in 1 match. Both in the same set of drawers in the basement of the blue house on the Jarvis map.

One tape in the left drawer. One in the right drawer. As soon as I finished picking up the 2nd tape I lose connection with the server.

It takes me back to the menu and I promptly check to see which 2 tapes they were annnnnnnnd........

Got neither.

THAT'S bad luck.

Yeah that stinks dude. If you do find one your nervous all way through the match. Please host don't you get salty, please. 

I only got 5 Pam tapes and I've been playing since about 3 weeks after launch. They really need to bump the percentages a little to make up for lost games and those with rotten luck.

Found 2 Pamela tapes Friday night. Which thrilled me. Been playing since December and found only 3 total up until Friday.

39 minutes ago, FunMonster said:

Yeah that stinks dude. If you do find one your nervous all way through the match. Please host don't you get salty, please. 

I only got 5 Pam tapes and I've been playing since about 3 weeks after launch. They really need to bump the percentages a little to make up for lost games and those with rotten luck.

Yeah. I'm starting to think that every time I find a tape I should just seek Jason out and have him kill me immediately. 😂