tyrant666

Keeping Some Future Content As Unlockables VS Giving Everything Away Once Its Released...What Should It Be?

So I think one of the main flaws of the game is the incentive to play. All bugs, server issues aside.

When you played the game at launch. You played to play as Jason or Counselor, you played to unlock counselors, you played to unlock all the Jasons. Sure, you wanted the XP so you could get perks or buy new kills, but it wasn't the primary reason you kept playing initially.

With everything unlocked, if you roll the right perks that make counselor play worthwhile, you don't really need to roll perks anymore. For me, I despise them and wish special abilities were instead brought back for each individual counselor, but that's another story and only my opinion. Point being, once you roll the right perks, you can basically copy/paste them to every counselor and you don't need to play for perks anymore. So then you have the outfits to unlock at higher levels. While some people care about this, others do not as they only amount to skin changes, not totally new outfits from scratch like the Bikini DLC.

We know Part 4 Jason and Crystal Point/Part 4 Map will be released eventually as well as the Emotes/Bikini DLC.

The question is...given the divisive nature of the fandom and the lack of reason to play for longer term goals once you've unlocked everything. Should Part 4 content/Bikini content be unlocked from the start? Or should they make the level cap go up to 200 and unlock Part 4 at say 105-110, the Bikini content at 130, etc?

So you see there is no real 'please everybody' answer to this debate. If they allow all the content right away. You'll have likely 48 hours of nonstop Part 4 Jason/Part 4 map and everybody in the summer clothing and then...the long wait for what's next and half the fandom will complain about nothing to play for. If they make these items unlockable at higher levels, half the fandom will feel slapped across the face, more than they have already and feel lowballed by the devs once again.

So its tricky. You want reason to keep playing, but you don't want to wait. Think of it this way. If the pipe dream actually happened and dedicated servers were ready to go without the setup in place now, plus most if not all bugs fixed in this next patch. You would still have this issue to discuss.

Reason to play VS Waiting For Content When You Want It Now

Should everything be unlocked all at once or should things be made to play for?

• Like 2

Ive thought about this too, I think Jason x should be level 500, part 4 150, bikini and emotes 110, new counselors 130, the other new Jason 200, and so on...

• Like 2

It's its free dlc then make it unlockable, if it's paid dlc then I want something I paid for right away... not gonna climb 60 levels for stuff I paid for. ?

What they really need is a prestige mode that gives you titles or something

• Like 7

hell no, if it's free content than it's fair game to be unlocked with CP/Levels but if it's paid content we should get that immediately!! Not giving us PAID content right away is just bad business for sure, we've waited long enough and we are paying for it so we should get it. I agree with Seeker, prestige mode is needed for all the CP accumulated.

• Like 2

I like the post, and as much as  I hate grinding it is a incentive to play. However, how you offset the fact that many of us has thousands of CP points banked up because we've run out of things to buy.  Personally I have about 45k in points with everything unlocked and I've managed to get all all rare perks. 

• Like 1

This was something I was asking about before the game launched. Multiplayer games need plenty of unlockables to keep players interested, I think if they include (as someone mentioned) titles or calling cards or emblems for the lobby and menus, it could be a great incentive. Have the player buy most of them with CP and unlock others by collecting the badges or leveling up. There could also be small trinkets or items each character could carry or wear, which you could buy or unlock. Little things like that could really keep players coming back, even after they've unlocked all the Jason's and clothing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andre said:

Ive thought about this too, I think Jason x should be level 500, part 4 150, bikini and emotes 110, new counselors 130, the other new Jason 200, and so on...

I'd support some progression system, but I think you need to hack a digit off the end of your numbers.  I play several evenings a week for a couple hours (and have since launch) but I'm still around level 60.  I have like 135 hours in-game.

Us casual old people with families who can't spend 24/7 on a game would never unlock the content, and that would really take the wind out of my sails for continuing to play.  It's how I feel when I hop on Battlefield 1 and see I need like 100 kills with some garbage weapon that I am terrible at using and then complete 40 of some other task that normally I am lucky to do once every dozen rounds just to unlock a single new gun in the new expansion.  It's really frustrating.

I get there are plenty of folks that are able to max out these things in moments (or boost with friends to do that) but things in a game like this, where new content is something desperately needed, shouldn't be gated very heavily.

IMO, the best thing they can do is fix perks and make them worth getting, so that people who want to grind away can continue to earn CP and unlock those.  That rewards the maximum time players with something they can see a tangible reward in grinding out, and still allows the casual folks to get the new Jasons, counselors, etc. without being gated behind hundreds of hours of playtime.

• Like 5

The game needs a prestige system for level 101 players.

Add in free DLC as unlockable content.

Paid DLC will be accessible immediately.

e4eec0bfd7fbafa616114058ce33faee.gif

• Like 4

The new Jasons and counselors should definitely be unlocked like all the others. The swimsuit DLC is paid so we should just get it. Maps too. I don't think they should increase the level caps just yet. There's a big gap between the last Jason and level 101. Plenty of space for more to be unlocked.

• Like 1

If you pay for it; immediately. If its free; I personally have no real problem with holding behind a level system of sorts. At least outfits and Jasons and such. God forbid you have to work to unlock content

• Like 2

I say both. Give us free and paid DLC but then put in some stuff, maybe even stuff that hasn't been announced, as little rewards for hitting certain levels or achievements. This way people get stuff for free, people can pay for stuff if they choose, and everyone has an incentive to play to see what surprises they may get.

• Like 1

If it was free I wouldn't mind having some aspects where you would have to unlock some extras to go along with the clothing, that means they would have to raise the level cap. But if I paid for it, I'm expecting all of it. I wouldn't mind later on if they also added some new patterns at a small price but that's just a thought plus a LONG shot. But in the meantime the upcoming free stuff will come in drips and drabs.

58 minutes ago, BoxingRouge said:

that means they would have to raise the level cap

Why would they have to raise the level cap? I know there's a lot of 101's but not everyone has reached that yet.

If you paid for it as DLC. You should get it then.

If they give us the material as free (except for maps), it should be unlocked. GUN chose to incorporate a leveling system. If we don't have material to have players strive for, the leveling system is completely pointless. As it is, beyond level 31-32 ....it is just clothing palette swaps. No very much incentive to strive for. Part IV Jason should unlock at around level 45 since they said he is free.

I don't have time to level up just to play as Jason 4. I don't need an incentive to play the game. It is fun, and I don't care about playing for unlockables much at all. I will grind in Fallout 4, but not at Crystal Lake. It would suck to have to mainline this game just to unlock the new Jason. I don't have unlimited gaming time and still would like to play other games. That's my situation and sentiment.

1 hour ago, Truth said:

Why would they have to raise the level cap? I know there's a lot of 101's but not everyone has reached that yet.

True, they’ll probably just put the new counselors and Jason at levels below 50. Estimated Guess;

(Part 4 Jason Level 44.)

18 hours ago, BoxingRouge said:

True, they’ll probably just put the new counselors and Jason at levels below 50. Estimated Guess;

(Part 4 Jason Level 44.)

I think it should on how these new councelor play, I think the unlock structure on release was done well as it gradually unlocked the councelors who had specific roles. Example: Tiffany was last but at this point the player should be aware of how stealth and speed are important in getting objectives done. 

On 9/18/2017 at 7:14 AM, tyrant666 said:

So I think one of the main flaws of the game is the incentive to play. All bugs, server issues aside.

When you played the game at launch. You played to play as Jason or Counselor, you played to unlock counselors, you played to unlock all the Jasons. Sure, you wanted the XP so you could get perks or buy new kills, but it wasn't the primary reason you kept playing initially.

With everything unlocked, if you roll the right perks that make counselor play worthwhile, you don't really need to roll perks anymore. For me, I despise them and wish special abilities were instead brought back for each individual counselor, but that's another story and only my opinion. Point being, once you roll the right perks, you can basically copy/paste them to every counselor and you don't need to play for perks anymore. So then you have the outfits to unlock at higher levels. While some people care about this, others do not as they only amount to skin changes, not totally new outfits from scratch like the Bikini DLC.

We know Part 4 Jason and Crystal Point/Part 4 Map will be released eventually as well as the Emotes/Bikini DLC.

The question is...given the divisive nature of the fandom and the lack of reason to play for longer term goals once you've unlocked everything. Should Part 4 content/Bikini content be unlocked from the start? Or should they make the level cap go up to 200 and unlock Part 4 at say 105-110, the Bikini content at 130, etc?

So you see there is no real 'please everybody' answer to this debate. If they allow all the content right away. You'll have likely 48 hours of nonstop Part 4 Jason/Part 4 map and everybody in the summer clothing and then...the long wait for what's next and half the fandom will complain about nothing to play for. If they make these items unlockable at higher levels, half the fandom will feel slapped across the face, more than they have already and feel lowballed by the devs once again.

So its tricky. You want reason to keep playing, but you don't want to wait. Think of it this way. If the pipe dream actually happened and dedicated servers were ready to go without the setup in place now, plus most if not all bugs fixed in this next patch. You would still have this issue to discuss.

Reason to play VS Waiting For Content When You Want It Now

Should everything be unlocked all at once or should things be made to play for?

My god think about the poor prick who buys this on oct 13, I'd loose my fucking mind if I had to wait till level 202 to unlock him. It was a grind getting 101 with no satisfaction alone. Imagine doing all that over and when you get 101 gun tells you nice job. Only 101 level ups and you can be part 4!  (Fuck that noise!)