AJ_isoverrated

Why part 7 Jason needs a BUFF

15 minutes ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

We have some adjustments for Part 7 Jason, but I'm not 100% sure at this time whether this change will be included in the upcoming patch or the patch after

That's great to hear! Can you elaborate a bit on what you found to be deficient and adequate or perhaps your thought process approaching the problems?

18 minutes ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

We have some adjustments for Part 7 Jason, but I'm not 100% sure at this time whether this change will be included in the upcoming patch or the patch after

Thank you for the update Courier, it is greatly appreciated! Can’t wait!

1 hour ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

hey im a big part 7 fan and like the way he is now please don't change him

38 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

hey im a big part 7 fan and like the way he is now please don't change him

86DZO.gif

stare1.gif

Look a unicorn!  ;)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Either way, something to look forward to. 

• Like 1

I'll be fine with Part 7 going back to his beta stats.

Replace -traps with -stun resistance and he gets his 5 traps back. He won't play any different, but he'll patrol objectives better. That's the safe approach for pleasing those that like the way he is now and those that want to see an improvement made for him.

i22iqg.jpg

I still really like this idea.

Tonight I used only Jason 7 and fully expected to be abused and probably killed at some point, because I was in parties with good players.
With lots of patience, blocking, stalking and shift grabs, I ended up getting No Survivors and No Escapes for every round...which weren't a lot, so I'm gonna run a little experiment and use only J7 for my next 20 Jason rounds and record the results...it's gonna get ugly. Anyway.... 

A lot of people want normal or +Shift, but I have absolutely no problem with -Shift. My knives were shit tonight but my shifting was on point like a motherfather and saved me from a couple close cop escapes. 

I also like Water Speed. I will use the water to make up for a Morph cool down. I will also use it to catch boats, which a Savini Jason couldn't do earlier tonight. 

I also like the idea of having unique stats. With the exception of ol' Pay to Win, there are no walking Jasons that have +Weapon Strength. And like J2, have +Morph to balance the -Shift.  

I used to like the idea of +Destruction until I realized how fast he CS's doors down. 

In a nutshell, he'd have 5 traps, +Morph and +Weapon Strength.

EDIT: I just saw this

12 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Oh my lord, what did you do?!?

This is good news!!! Regardless of when it's coming out, can we get one of those awesome new, regularly scheduled Shifty posts on this? Can it also be the next one too?

My main thing I hope they do is get rid of either the -shift, or -negative traps. Having both, on top of not being able to run is what has hurt him so bad. If he keeps -traps, I’d like to see him get a normal shift, a +morph and +weapon strength. As @WashingtonJones pointed out, no walking Jason’s have +weapon strength except for Savini, and not everyone has him. He can also keep his water speed as his third strength.

Regardless, this news is just as big as anything they’ve announced in quite some time to me. It’s been one of my biggest requests since day one!

13 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

What changes were made? I'm excited for this news and have waited since beta for J7 to be fixed.

7 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

What changes were made? I'm excited for this news and have waited since beta for J7 to be fixed.

Don't expect an answer on the forums. Expect a forum thread to drop at the same time as a trailer for the changes.

Well its good to hear its still on the table and happening.

Now its just a question of what some means?

1. Trading out -Shift or -Traps

2. Keeping him as is, but giving him an exclusive weapon...and im sure everybody here would know what that is...and its obviously an instant kill kind of weapon to be that exclusive

But some implies more than one change. So perhaps both -Traps and -Shift are going away? So I wonder what the new ideas would be?

Unless they randomly went with 4 strengths/weaknesses like @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow did.

3 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Well its good to hear its still on the table and happening.

Now its just a question of what some means?

1. Trading out -Shift or -Traps

2. Keeping him as is, but giving him an exclusive weapon...and im sure everybody here would know what that is...and its obviously an instant kill kind of weapon to be that exclusive

But some implies more than one change. So perhaps both -Traps and -Shift are going away? So I wonder what the new ideas would be?

Unless they randomly went with 4 strengths/weaknesses like @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow did.

This alone would make all of Jason's weaknesses worth it. Wouldn't really care if he still wasn't good, lots of people would love to play "hard mode Jason" using something like this.

Edit: Now imagine this on the Lazarus sinking ship map. Jason's water speed becomes god-tier on that level because of the water, his -Shift allows him to turn around the narrow hallways easier, and he's hunting people down with this weapon of all things.

Makes me wonder if that's what really was taking Part 7 so long to be reworked. If -Shift retained its current movement speed, but had its cooldown reduced close to that of normal Shift, he'd actually be really strong in an indoor map like the Lazarus or an abandoned hospital/morgue where +Shift & regular Shift would suck trying to turn around in hallways.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

i22iqg.jpg

I still really like this idea.

Tonight I used only Jason 7 and fully expected to be abused and probably killed at some point, because I was in parties with good players.
With lots of patience, blocking, stalking and shift grabs, I ended up getting No Survivors and No Escapes for every round...which weren't a lot, so I'm gonna run a little experiment and use only J7 for my next 20 Jason rounds and record the results...it's gonna get ugly. Anyway.... 

A lot of people want normal or +Shift, but I have absolutely no problem with -Shift. My knives were shit tonight but my shifting was on point like a motherfather and saved me from a couple close cop escapes. 

I also like Water Speed. I will use the water to make up for a Morph cool down. I will also use it to catch boats, which a Savini Jason couldn't do earlier tonight. 

I also like the idea of having unique stats. With the exception of ol' Pay to Win, there are no walking Jasons that have +Weapon Strength. And like J2, have +Morph to balance the -Shift.  

I used to like the idea of +Destruction until I realized how fast he CS's doors down. 

Pretty sure Savini Jason is the only walking Jason with weapon strength, even though whenever I play Savini Jason his weapon strength isn’t nearly as effective as Part 3 and Part 4 due to the trident not having a good hitbox.

13 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

it's gonna get ugly. 

I bet not he's a middle of the road jason better than parts 2,3and 5 but gets shit on because people don't use him

lol looks like my days of trolling part 7 Jason maybe over. I always look forward to playing against him whenever i'm a counselor. However, i would like to play with him once in awhile. I can't wait to see what they come up with. I would give him the fastest morph out of all the Jasons i think that would balance him out properly.