AJ_isoverrated

Why part 7 Jason needs a BUFF

I know there's probably like a 100 threads on this topic but I wanted to make one because I want to address WHY he needs one and why it isn't just a "This doesn't suit you" case and that he is actually too weak.

-- Every Jason's pros and cons make sense when compared except for part 7

Part 2 has faster morph but has less shift allowing to always be on top of a counsellor with good morph use but less shift makes it balanced.

Part 9:Less traps but better shift allowing for better map control.

Part 6:Faster shift worse morph,makes sense.

Part 8: Since he can break down doors instantly,it makes sense he has average shift and morph.

--With part 7 it makes no sense,he has bad shift which makes it impossible to catch fast Counsellors on top of that his morph is average and he can't run either.

Less traps means people would be able to complete objectives way more easily and with terrible shift and bad morph it's next to impossible to stop a car or kill everyone before the cops arrive.

But are his strengths amazing and make up for his cons?

NO!,Good grip strength and better sense are absolutely useless as once you grab a Counsellor without a pocket knife they are pretty much dead,Sense can be toggled on and off for a more efficient use.

Yes good water speed is amazing but I would rather play part 8 than him.

And before anyone says "I always get 8/8" or "Play other Jason's he doesn't suit you" You are completely missing my point,his pros and cons make no sense when compared to each other.

And I also want to know if anyone here mains this guy and think that this Jason is completely fine.

• Like 3

If boat escapes were actually made permanent. Water speed would be more beneficial as a strength.

Which is why I hope Crystal Point/Part 4 map is designed with Crystal Lake being the center of the map, which would help make water plus Jasons more desirable, in particular Part 7 with the rest of the map land being around the outer edge of the circle.

Even then though, grip strength is an irrelevant stat either way and sense can be toggled.

17 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

If boat escapes were actually made permanent. Water speed would be more beneficial as a strength.

Which is why I hope Crystal Point/Part 4 map is designed with Crystal Lake being the center of the map, which would help make water plus Jasons more desirable, in particular Part 7 with the rest of the map land being around the outer edge of the circle.

Even then though, grip strength is an irrelevant stat either way and sense can be toggled.

I'd rather just use part 8 Jason for that,increased water speed along with +stalk and +destruction is amazing 

Part 7 is so bad that the only reason I can come up with for his stats is that the devs intended for him to be bad. He is honestly pathetic against a decent team. He cannot pressure counselors, cannot control objectives, has shit mobility and all his strengths are irrelevant. It must be on purpose, there's no way they could possibly think it's a balanced design.

Anyone who is supposedly having success with him is deluded if they think it's anything to do with Part 7's "strengths". They're just playing against bad counselors.

I main part 2 but have been trying part 7 lately just to see how he does.It is true that if u want to actually get a decent match u really need to tryhard and sweat lol.The funny thing is that in release part 7 had 5 traps and later they removed 2 of them.As far as "intentional" is concerned i am not sure about that.I watched an interview of Wes on twitch,saying that part 8 turned out to be really good.In the same way maybe part 7 turned out to be really bad lol.

16 minutes ago, Shadow_Master said:

I main part 2 but have been trying part 7 lately just to see how he does.It is true that if u want to actually get a decent match u really need to tryhard and sweat lol.The funny thing is that in release part 7 had 5 traps and later they removed 2 of them.As far as "intentional" is concerned i am not sure about that.I watched an interview of Wes on twitch,saying that part 8 turned out to be really good.In the same way maybe part 7 turned out to be really bad lol.

If it's not intentional then they are just seriously out of touch with the actual gameplay. I just don't know how they are cool with leaving Part 7 like that if they pay any attention to the players. Just the fact almost no one plays J7 should be enough, I rarely even see him in lobbies. Which is a big waste since most people including myself think he has the best appearance. 

Just now, Tommy86 said:

If it's not intentional then they are just seriously out of touch with the actual gameplay. I just don't know how they are cool with leaving Part 7 like that if they pay any attention to the players. Just the fact almost no one plays J7 should be enough, I rarely even see him in lobbies. Which is a big waste since most people including myself think he has the best appearance. 

Best weapon,Best appearance and best weapon executions he is my favorite Jason looks wise

Just now, AJ_isoverrated said:

Best weapon,Best appearance and best weapon executions he is my favorite Jason looks wise

Yeah I do love his kills too, particularly Eviscerate. Though Part 8's are top for me, nothing beats the throwing axe :D

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Yep I know you guys love his appearance.About 80% or more of the game community puts him at their top as far as appearance is concerned.If it wasnt for Savini...90%.To be honest i wont be surprised if he gets a buff at halloween.He really needs it.

I agree with a buff but Grip strength is accurate for me but his shift does need a buff and overall his traps is need of like 2 or 3 more and his sense is fine because I can easily cover more grown.

I play majority of my time as Part 7 Jason and rarely as Part 9.

4 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Part 7 is so bad that the only reason I can come up with for his stats is that the devs intended for him to be bad. He is honestly pathetic against a decent team. He cannot pressure counselors, cannot control objectives, has shit mobility and all his strengths are irrelevant. It must be on purpose, there's no way they could possibly think it's a balanced design.

Anyone who is supposedly having success with him is deluded if they think it's anything to do with Part 7's "strengths". They're just playing against bad counselors.

Whoa now.....he isn't that bad because I have completed games with 8/8 majority of the time.

All people have to do is time and plan with part 7.....his shifting is the only issue I actually have.

1 hour ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I agree with a buff but Grip strength is accurate for me but his shift does need a buff and overall his traps is need of like 2 or 3 more and his sense is fine because I can easily cover more grown.

I play majority of my time as Part 7 Jason and rarely as Part 9.

Grip Strength is accurate for you? How so? The question is not accuracy but whether the counselor has a pocket knife. If the answer is yes, they escape. If no, they are dead. Grip Strength = useless.

Also you are covering more ground with Sense only in your imagination. +Sense does not affect range only cooldown. Which again is irrelevant since the best use of Sense is to spam it, since you don't need to keep it active so you don't need to wait for full cooldown. By spamming it you also nullify Sense avoidance perks. 

1 hour ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Whoa now.....he isn't that bad because I have completed games with 8/8 majority of the time.

All people have to do is time and plan with part 7.....his shifting is the only issue I actually have.

Once again:

Timing and planning won't save you against a good team of counselors when you can neither pressure them nor adequately control objectives. You will either get left in the dust or you will get killed.

The reality is that everything you can do with J7, you can do with every other Jason much better. No reason to play him. 

PS: +Water Speed is not a factor. The only concern is boat escape which any decent Jason will be checking for via the map or by morphing periodically. Counselors have no defense in water so if Jason is onto them they are done. I've stopped the boat with every Jason, it's not an issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

One of these times, I asked F13th in their facebook page about their thoughts of Part 7 and their response is that "they could not reveal what they have planned for this yet."

My theory is that they did his stats just thinking about his efficiency in the "Higgins Heaven" map. He has +Water Speed which helps him move across the river in the middle of the map.

40 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

+Sense does not affect range only cooldown.

It does. Always had affected it since the official release.

19 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

One of these times, I asked F13th in their facebook page about their thoughts of Part 7 and their response is that "they could not reveal what they have planned for this yet."

My theory is that they did his stats just thinking about his efficiency in the "Higgins Heaven" map. He has +Water Speed which helps him move across the river in the middle of the map.

Well that's interesting. I wasn't aware they had even acknowledged J7's situation. 

I honestly don't know what they were thinking. I just hope they fix him.

5 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

It does. Always had affected it since the official release.

No, it doesn't. What information are you basing this on? 

• Like 1

You can get 8/8 with any Jason against brain dead players,it's next to impossible to catch  good players with j7, have a decent Chad or Vanessa running around houses and juking you,you may as well put your controller down.

Or even worse when there's a group of 3-4 people grouped up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Did you even read these before you posted them?

Yes, Sense grows as the match goes on. This is true for all Jasons. As far as whether +Sense has any effect on range, and this is from Rydog, the same author of the guide you just posted - 

"In practice, a Sense strength or weakness doesn't make much of a difference, because Jason can end Sense early to avoid triggering a full cooldown. Most of the time, the best tactic is to enable Sense briefly, look around, and disable it to trigger a partial cooldown. This allows Jason to spam Sense very quickly, making both the cooldown and the duration fairly trivial under most circumstances.

The Sense trait does not appear to affect the ability's range in any way."

Link

Rydog is a member of this forum btw, you can ask him yourself.

21 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Did you even read these before you posted them?

Yes, Sense grows as the match goes on. This is true for all Jasons. As far as whether +Sense has any effect on range, and this is from Rydog, the same author of the guide you just posted - 

"In practice, a Sense strength or weakness doesn't make much of a difference, because Jason can end Sense early to avoid triggering a full cooldown. Most of the time, the best tactic is to enable Sense briefly, look around, and disable it to trigger a partial cooldown. This allows Jason to spam Sense very quickly, making both the cooldown and the duration fairly trivial under most circumstances.

The Sense trait does not appear to affect the ability's range in any way."

Link

Rydog is a member of this forum btw, you can ask him yourself.

Yup, I did. However, I think the answer needs to be more specific (just look at the pictures. All in the same range). And if that is true, then the + and - sense stats are a complete waste.

Edit: I got this from @Rydog in his topic talking of this subject.

Edited by NoOneK9503

I entirely agree. I refuse to play part 7 Jason based on how impossible it practically is to get kills with him, he is super easy to juke as well.

2 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Yup, I did. However, I think the answer needs to be more specific (just look at the pictures. All in the same range). And if that is true, then the + and - sense stats are a complete waste.

That's because it's analysing the vulnerability to Sense for each Counselor.

And yes, the + and - Sense stats are a complete waste. Much like other useless mechanics of this game.

Tommy is pretty much correct guys.Everything you can do with 7 u can do it faster with other Jason.I ve been only killed once as Jason and i was guess who.It wasnt the first time counsleros were preparing to kill me so I knew what they were up to.But every other time I just smashed them and took control.That time all my abilities were gone.Didnt get to the shack on time,didnt control the situation as fast as needed so they managed to pull it off,and I didnt spoil it because they partially deserved it.With any other Jason I would have destroyed them as other times.He is good looking but his abilities  need a really good buff.Or to be more spesific they need to be balanced.

But i feel the people who like his appearance.I can imagine how desperate I would be if part 2 had turned out to be the bad Jason in the game.I really hope they fix him by Oct 13 or at least Halloween.

He needs to be improved.

There are countless threads on the subject.

Everything from altering the stats, to introducing new specific strengths to giving him the one hit kill weed eater, etc.

There are plenty of suggestions out there.

I can only hope they don't fuck up Part 4 Jason's strengths and weaknesses as badly as they have Part 7. The fact that he can run makes it hard to fuck him up, but then again, they could do something really sllly like this.

Part 4

+ Destruction

+ Stalk

+ Can Run

- Morph

- Shift

- Traps

Haha Part 7 would no longer be the worst most likely.

1 minute ago, tyrant666 said:

He needs to be improved.

There are countless threads on the subject.

Everything from altering the stats, to introducing new specific strengths to giving him the one hit kill weed eater, etc.

There are plenty of suggestions out there.

I can only hope they don't fuck up Part 4 Jason's strengths and weaknesses as badly as they have Part 7. The fact that he can run makes it hard to fuck him up, but then again, they could do something really sllly like this.

Part 4

+ Destruction

+ Stalk

+ Can Run

- Morph

- Shift

- Traps

Haha Part 7 would no longer be the worst most likely.

They may as well make it so that when you get to play j4 there's just a text on your screen saying "Nah mate lol"