Jason Todd Voorhees

Who defined and portrayed Jason Voorhees better?

Who defined and portrayed Jason Voorhees better?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who defined and portrayed Jason Voorhees better?

• Ari Lehman (Friday the 13th)
    • Warrington Gillette (Friday the 13th Part 2)
    • Richard Brooker (Friday the 13th Part III)
    • Ted White Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter)
    • Tom Morga ( Friday the 13th: A New Beginning)
    • C. J. Graham (Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives)
    • Kane Hodder ( Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood, Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan, Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday, Jason X)
    • Ken Kirzinger (Freddy Vs Jason)
    • Derek Mears (Friday the 13th Remake)

2 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Wait how did Ted define Jason to be so high? Also lol jason mears? You mean Derek?

I ignored the thread stipulations and just ranked my favorites. :p

I still probably say Ted White because that is just how I picture Jason Voorhees.

I don't know why the hell I put Jason Mears. lmao

1 hour ago, RockyMtnReaper said:

I ignored the thread stipulations and just ranked my favorites. ūüėõ

I still probably say Ted White because that is just how I picture Jason Voorhees.

I don't know why the hell I put Jason Mears. lmao

I respect that lol.

Beyond doubt Kane defined how Jason moved and breathed, like when he turns his head first then follows through with his body. So he will always define Jason Vorhees on any level. Having said that, CJ did an outstanding job with his posture,  fast walk, and quick turns of his head to spot a new target. I will also give props to Richard Brooker in that his size and menace broke new ground with Jason and began the trend of the super strength Jason, followed by Ted White. Warrington Gillette brought an adult Jason to the big screen and did an amazing job with his sinister stalking. And the rest of the Jason actors did well in their own rights. But Kane is the iconic and essentialJason and deserves his niche in fandom appreciation

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SonofOdin6039 said:

Beyond doubt Kane defined how Jason moved and breathed, like when he turns his head first then follows through with his body. So he will always define Jason Vorhees on any level. Having said that, CJ did an outstanding job with his posture,  fast walk, and quick turns of his head to spot a new target. I will also give props to Richard Brooker in that his size and menace broke new ground with Jason and began the trend of the super strength Jason, followed by Ted White. Warrington Gillette brought an adult Jason to the big screen and did an amazing job with his sinister stalking. And the rest of the Jason actors did well in their own rights. But Kane is the iconic and essentialJason and deserves his niche in fandom appreciation

Now this put a smile on my face.

• Thanks 1

Kane hodder was the best Jason Voorhees he made his first appearance in Friday the 13th part 7, the way he played Jason was great the movies describe Jason as unstoppable killing machine and Kane Hodder really does play Jason as what Jason is meant to be Unstoppable killing machine that will go to any length to kill someone there are some scenes in Part 7 were Jason really comes alive and demonstrates what emotion he has, When Jason falls in the basement and rips the power cord off his neck you can tell that Jason is pissed off Kane Hodder did that and with great acting another sample would be when Tina was going set Jason on fire the way he looked at Tina with such anger is because of Kane Hodder Friday the 13th Part 7 may be a bit stupid sometimes with Tina having the power to move things with her mind but it is still number 2 on my list because of how well Kane Hodder played Jason.  But right at the end when just was walking out onto the dock and was getting shot you could tell that he was pissed Kane Hodder should have played Jason from the start of part 2 all the way to Freddy vs Jason.

4 hours ago, UberJAson45 said:

Kane hodder was the best Jason Voorhees he made his first appearance in Friday the 13th part 7, the way he played Jason was great the movies describe Jason as unstoppable killing machine and Kane Hodder really does play Jason as what Jason is meant to be Unstoppable killing machine that will go to any length to kill someone there are some scenes in Part 7 were Jason really comes alive and demonstrates what emotion he has, When Jason falls in the basement and rips the power cord off his neck you can tell that Jason is pissed off Kane Hodder did that and with great acting another sample would be when Tina was going set Jason on fire the way he looked at Tina with such anger is because of Kane Hodder Friday the 13th Part 7 may be a bit stupid sometimes with Tina having the power to move things with her mind but it is still number 2 on my list because of how well Kane Hodder played Jason.  But right at the end when just was walking out onto the dock and was getting shot you could tell that he was pissed Kane Hodder should have played Jason from the start of part 2 all the way to Freddy vs Jason.

Faaaacts

One thing I'll never get about Kane's portrayal of Jason is why does a walking corpse need to breathe, especially like an asthmatic?

16 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

One thing I'll never get about Kane's portrayal of Jason is why does a walking corpse need to breathe, especially like an asthmatic?

Makes him sound bad ass a little 

25 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I mean....Jason still is technically alive as a Zombie...in terms he has his organs still working but he doesnt die.

Its a term known as a Revenant Zombie which they keep their original memory,thought, and personality.

On 8/23/2019 at 3:15 PM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I mean....Jason still is technically alive as a Zombie...in terms he has his organs still working but he doesnt die.

Its a term known as a Revenant Zombie which they keep their original memory,thought, and personality.

with all the damage Jason has taken from guns and other weapons I am surprised he organs don't look like mashed potato 

but he does regenerate so... yea 

Here's a good question if Jason is a zombie from part 6 and on does that mean he regenerates or just gets knocked out from hard blows and wakes up again we know shooting him in the head does nothing.

He regenerates from the start of part 2 to 4 but after that does he still regenerate or just gets knocked down and gets back up again.    

10 hours ago, UberJAson45 said:

with all the damage Jason has taken from guns and other weapons I am surprised he organs don't look like mashed potato 

but he does regenerate so... yea 

Here's a good question if Jason is a zombie from part 6 and on does that mean he regenerates or just gets knocked out from hard blows and wakes up again we know shooting him in the head does nothing.

He regenerates from the start of part 2 to 4 but after that does he still regenerate or just gets knocked down and gets back up again.    

Yes he does regenerate but likely due to the bacteria,fish, and etc from being in the lake for years in part 7 slowed his progress same for part 8 as in Part 9 Jason was almost fully healed as we seen in Part X with Jason having full skin and hair and etc but is still technically a undead being.

12 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Yes he does regenerate but likely due to the bacteria,fish, and etc from being in the lake for years in part 7 slowed his progress same for part 8 as in Part 9 Jason was almost fully healed as we seen in Part X with Jason having full skin and hair and etc but is still technically a undead being.

cool 

I'd say Kane, then C.J., then Ted White as a top three. I will give Derek Mears an honorable mention.

Kane obviously added so much to the role it'd be impossible to cover it all. 

I feel C.J. really brought the unstoppable monster feel to life.

Ted White felt incredibly menacing. 

Derek Mears had alot of nice little touches. Also he's the only Jason to run. Like full on run. That shit was terrifying. 

2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I'd say Kane, then C.J., then Ted White as a top three. I will give Derek Mears an honorable mention.

Kane obviously added so much to the role it'd be impossible to cover it all. 

I feel C.J. really brought the unstoppable monster feel to life.

Ted White felt incredibly menacing. 

Derek Mears had alot of nice little touches. Also he's the only Jason to run. Like full on run. That shit was terrifying. 

Yeah derek running was insane like a near 300 pound man with a 6 ft 5 height is chasing anyone down is scary.