Jason Todd Voorhees

Who defined and portrayed Jason Voorhees better?

Who defined and portrayed Jason Voorhees better?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who defined and portrayed Jason Voorhees better?

• Ari Lehman (Friday the 13th)
    • Warrington Gillette (Friday the 13th Part 2)
    • Richard Brooker (Friday the 13th Part III)
    • Ted White Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter)
    • Tom Morga ( Friday the 13th: A New Beginning)
    • C. J. Graham (Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives)
    • Kane Hodder ( Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood, Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan, Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday, Jason X)
    • Ken Kirzinger (Freddy Vs Jason)
    • Derek Mears (Friday the 13th Remake)

Kane+Hodder+Anchor+Bay+Entertainment+Jas

Anchor+Bay+Entertainment+Jason+Voorhees+

So like the poll states....Who defined and portrayed Jason Voorhees better? this isn't about favoritism but about what Actor who had the most influential mark for Jason Voorhees?

Honestly, I'm very picky about Jasons. I only really cared for the way C.J Graham, Kane Hodder, and Ken Kirzinger played him.

22 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

Honestly, I'm very picky about Jasons. I only really cared for the way C.J Graham, Kane Hodder, and Ken Kirzinger played him.

So who did you vote for?

Kane Hodder - The man, the myth, the legend...

He always seemed to be a more intense Jason to me - His body language, and breathing really set him apart from the others imo.

• Like 1

My favorite portrayal of Jason is part 4 but if we're talking, "had the most influence" definitely Kane.

On 9/19/2017 at 9:04 PM, hesh said:

Kane Hodder - The man, the myth, the legend...

He always seemed to be a more intense Jason to me - His body language, and breathing really set him apart from the others imo.

His motion also set the volume for a true classic slasher!

• Like 1

On 9/20/2017 at 3:22 PM, Deeify said:

My favorite portrayal of Jason is part 4 but if we're talking, "had the most influence" definitely Kane.

Nice and agreed.

My favorite portrayal was Part 4 and Part 6. Kane is definitely the most "influential".

On 9/18/2017 at 4:53 PM, deathbat96777 said:

Wait....you liked Frankenstein Jason by ken kirzinger?  I thought that was the absolute worst Jason out of any of them.  Sorry for disagreeing, but ken really dropped the ball.  Mears was much better.

I voted for Kane, btw. 

I can't pick one, I could only say two. And they would be Booker and Kane.

More than anyone, when I rewatch the films, those are the two that really capture my own perception of Jason the most.

1 hour ago, DamonD7 said:

I can't pick one, I could only say two. And they would be Booker and Kane.

More than anyone, when I rewatch the films, those are the two that really capture my own perception of Jason the most.

i saw booker and kane and was thinking im in the wrestling thread lol

• Like 1

Kane Hodder is my favorite portrayal but Part 6 is my favorite movie.

I love 3 of the Jason actors. Ted White, Dan Bradley/C. J. Graham and Kane Hodder.

First I speak about Ted. He was very sneaky, which helped the sensation of unpredictability and hid in the shadows for several of the kills (corkcrew scene). I love killers that hides in the shadows! And since he was human, Ted made Jason look smart and strategic. And for last, he was pretty brutal! I loved how pissed of he was too! Most of his kills also involved for the first time his use of superhuman strength. Which were done greatly too!

Dan Bradley/C. J. Graham were good because they really acted like dead bodies! Humans without life or blood flowing in their veins! For example, that scene where the couple with a gun encountered Jason, the man behind the mask was silent (as always), stiff and lifeless. Only his mask showed a bit of emotion. The way he was immobile was really menacing! Another good thing about them are the way they fast-walk. Seems agressive! Probably, it's the way Kane used to fast-walk in the game. Plus, the kills. I always loved his strength-based kills. And Jason Lives is full of them!

However, Kane Hodder did the best of all of them! First, he walked very slowly... We could see how dangerous Jason was by slowly walking and specially breathing! The way he breathed gave more identity to Jason and made we think even more that Jason is no one to pass close by! And for real last, the kills. Kane did what no one during his job ever tried to do. He was creative with his kills! Thanks to him, we have the Stunner, Bear Hug, Two-Handed Choke, Head Punch and possibility Head Stomp! Damn!