GunMedia_Ben

Single player news + DLC roadmap

17 minutes ago, WARRIC said:

The constant back sliding telling the backers one thing and doing something else. i wont post no more when last year comes out it will bury this game

Are you also on Last Year forums/Reddit/whatever griping about them delaying Beta from August to October?

5 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

Are you also on Last Year forums/Reddit/whatever griping about them delaying Beta from August to October?

Whats This i Say something negative and the loyalists attacks LOLLL Also what are forums for not for just praising the Devs there here to hold them to a account when they mess up.

2 hours ago, ikarikh said:

So you'd ban people for asking for Pamela? Aka the original killer in the series? Aka the killer Gun themselves mentioned AS a stretch goal for this very game on their kickstarter?

And the logic that bringing back VA's would be necessary to include her so it's pointless is silly. They just went and made entirely new outfits and brought Kane Hodder back in to mocap new kills and made a new jason and a new map.

It's not exactly like recording some new lines is difficult.

The main issue is the entire gameplay would need to be altered to include Pamela as Gun themselves have mentioned before.

This is completely understandable and thus we won't see Pamela anytime soon. But considering how often it's requested and that it WAS a stretch goal of theirs, I wouldn't be surprised if they do eventually include her in the far future at some point.

Even still, getting pissy and wanting to ip ban over people wanting Pamela in is pretty ridiculous.

Banning ppl specifically for asking for a character is a bit outlandish .yes.but banning people for saying stuff like "YOU LIED TO US!!!!!WHERE IS SINGLE PLAYER!!!???!!" 

Yeaaa I would be fired for letting you all know how hard it is to work on that stuff and  I'd snap over people not understanding how complicated this all is .Yes it makes sense to do more Jason kills and add more jasons.But Pamela Vorheese and even Freddy Krueger DLC is just ...a stretch .

do you guys not understand how much work it would be to have a spaceship map and don't forget they have about 4 or 5 different versions of that map including the small version of it.Oh  don't forget about the opening cut scene AND THE OUTRO.OH AND SPACE SUIT OUTFITS..gotta add those in.THE MAP WONT CONSIST OF TREES or anything from the other maps so they'd almost have to start from scratch. 

And then AND THEN people people need to understand with all of the bugs we have been experiencing they still thought that the full single player  experience would be coming before the end of summer?Now they're pissed??Well be mad and go play Dead by daylight .Im not even trying to be rude to you specifically I'm just talking about thing I see I'm the community 

1 hour ago, 8bitbobby said:

Wow! There is more crying and tears in this forum than a chick flick marathon. I get it people don't like to wait for things.  The last thing I wish to do is step up on my soapbox with cane in hand and give you one of those tire, old:  "In my day" speeches, but geez people at the end of the day its just a game.  Is this game perfect?  No.  Despite its flaws though I've had about 200 hours of fun playing it.  For my initial investment of say $50-$60 that's about .30cents/hour it has cost me.  Pretty cheap entertainment.  I mean in my day you could make a phone call for that but I'm pretty sure the operator would still cut you off long before 200 hours.   Discussion is great if it is for problem-solving and building community but when it is used to tear down people it just wastes everyone's time.  The people posting the same complaints (across multiple threads) is almost as much of a drain as spectating Tommy spawn into the game just to see him hide under the first bed he comes to and wait out the other 13 minutes of the match. People who are upset with the delays are putting the Devs in a damned if they do and damned if they don't loop because nobody liked the radio silence and some are still feeling burned when they give us a visual roadmap to follow on our journey to DLC.  I apologize if I am speaking out of turn and it's not fair of me to comment on the experience of console users but on PC though the road has been bumpy and fraught with dangers it hasn't been without excitement.  I've made some good friends along the way and I look forward to what the future has in store.  I implore those of you who are upset with the wait to find something else to distract your time.  Perhaps you should pick up the NES version of the game to learn what true frustration is. I am confident that this team will right the ship and we will reach our destination in due course.  The proverbial laundry list of Jason models and locales will be ticked off accordingly and most, if not all, will be satisfied by the time all of the new content drops.  Sorry for the ramblings of this old man as well as my terrible puns.  I'll show myself out now.   

Quoted for truth

8 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

t9MUtzM.gif  

5 minutes ago, WARRIC said:

Whats This i Say something negative and the loyalists attacks LOLLL Also what are forums for not for just praising the Devs there here to hold them to a account when they mess up.

That is true.

I think that ultimately the Devs need to know how the community feels about progress and whatnot. They just don't need to get curb stomped endlessly regardless of what they do right or wrong. Letting the forums devolve into an endless loop of the same old hate and frustration hurts the community just as much as Dev screw-ups.:)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruehitman said:

For all those saying it hasn't been close to being worth to $40, I tend to disagree. My opinion of course... but I've actually purchased five copies, (for myself, my wife, my brother, cousin, and brother in law). And I believe it was money well spent! I look at it several ways. I spent $60 on God of War 3. An epic game that was a fantastic experience... that ended up being 15 hours long. I was wanting a longer experience sure. But in the end, the game was well worth it. If my wife and I go to movies, and buy soda and popcorn, it'll cost us $35-40 for what amounts to an average of a 2 hour experience. And if the movies good, it's worth it. For less then GoW3 (when it came out), and around the same price as hitting up the theater, I get to be Jason! Run from Jason! Visit and explore actual film locations. And enjoy tremendous interaction, fun, laughs and screams with friends. Yes there have been numerous bugs, glitches, and even several times we couldn't find play at all. That said, we keep coming back. We have sunk a TON of hours and evenings into this game. If I never touched it again, I got my money's worth several times over, and that's coming from someone who paid for five copies of it! Now add in all the stuff coming to us over the next 3-6 months... I'm excited. Sure there's been disappointment, and some frustration. But I'm just happy to see there's more on the horizon. If they were gonna "take the money and run," we wouldn't have that road map of things ahead. As much as I look forward to some single player action as well, I don't care if it slips into early 2018, as long as it's fun and works well! I still believe Hitman style SP could be a blast... picture Pamela talking to Jason before each chapter. "Your mission, Agent 13, is to take out the counselors without letting them alert the authorities and do it in any way you deem necessary." lol... In the end, I want more Jason's (including Uber Jason!), more maps, more kills, more counselors.... and it appears that's all headed our way! There's even a new mode coming our way. So we'll wait. In the meantime, we'll continue to have fun. Has there been frustration? Depression? Absolutely! But has there been fun? Enjoyment? Laughs? Screams? Most definitely!! Many times over! And this is coming from people (myself and the ones I bought it for), that NEVER play multiplayer games! Hate them! And yet, this game has brought that aspect to us in ways I never thought possible. So in the end, I look forward to what lies ahead... and rain!!! :)

Well said. I feel the exact same way. Outta likes.

• Like 1

This is already all over damn near every Facebook group and twitter retweet possible. Here's some of the things Facebook people are saying. 

You guys have a road map that's great, it doesn't really justify dates just when around what seasonal times we could expect something. 

Most people are giving up on the game at this point because there's no more fun you guys splattered that Chance by claiming SP mid summer and falling behind and having the game break after new patches released. Company claimed its expanding and getting bigger and working with all these companies and people but yet we need to wait till October 2018 to actually play ALL OF THIS GAME to its fullest potential. 

The community is weakening and I'm seeing it happening so much it's retarded. Not to mention I went from hardly ever playing jason to almost playing jason every game so that right there is telling you more people are preferring counsellors instead of Jason. 

The communty ain't as hard and fun as it used to be that's for sure, the whole host migration / dedicated server thing put a sour taste in people's mouths. Here's a solution have dedicated servers and have more chances for people to come back like Jarvis other characters will give Counsellors who are dead HOPE that they might come back and therefore they won't leave and rage quit so much. I'm tired of Host leaving and the game ending this shit needs to stop or at least try and be limited. 

@Gertz @GunMedia_Ben so your basically telling us You guys at @GunMedia wanna make the the whole community wait until October 2018 to get the full maximum gameplay with all its glory in a year and a bit? Your kidding me? So what we gotta wait a year to even see Jason X I'm assuming? I'm done, I'm not playing again till Oct 2018 it's written in stone. Enjoy the bikinis 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

That is completely and utterly fucking stupid.

Just a heads up- fall ends December 21st. :rolleyes:

Edit:

And March 20th, 2018 is the end of Winter...

We called it in the countdown thread that mysteriously was locked for "spamming" and not a venue of discussion. When in actuality it was a discussion amongst us customers that felt the same....smdh.

• Like 2

If it's one thing that humanity does well, it is completely lack any grasp of the reality of time - how long it takes, how little you have.This goes for all sides on any matter, so, don't get self defensive about it. It's not worth the time... ;)

The next time I am working on an innovative multi-player video game, I'll remember that a few months is 'too long', and that I probably won't be able to do all the things by the time I think I can. I guess that's why most of us don't bother to try and make games on our own... and even the majority of people who enter the industry, just get jobs for working for a larger company, instead of trying to do it yourself. After all, we live in a society that continually lessens its (almost extinct) appreciation for independent artistry. (combine that with a popular license, and you're now expected to be as poyfect as Disney!)

Thanks for the road map! I truly hope things continue to go in a positive direction!

Not sure this will be seen, but I'll say this anyway... one suggestion I have for Gun and Illfonic is to keep being involved, reading, talking, sharing (not that you have to reveal everything to us; not even as much as this road map). Just keep your head near the ground with the community, players, and the game. Just by interacting a bit, it seemed like certain things were addressed and fixed in a timely manner (I'm sure there are multiple factors that created that result, but it still seemed that Gertz discovered some valuable things through interacting and listening).

I think it really pays to keep your ear to the ground, like that, and the community and bug-fixing / polishing can really be improved via some direct, back-and-forth, communication. Not that you guys wouldn't do a fine job without us telling you things, but the more eyes and ears, the better (as far as bugs/mistakes/etc. - not design, hehe!!).

I love the game and look forward to a long time of enjoyment with it and with you guys!

• Like 2

This is amazing. Can't believe we're about to get a buttload of new content before Halloween. 

By finalized, does that mean development on the next patch is complete and it still has to be sent to cert or is it almost out of cert? 

20 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

I'm guessing we get Manhattan during "Fall" and Jason X/Grendel Map/Single Player "Early 2018."

Would make perfect sense for a Manhattan map at Xmas. Now they are implementing weather...if a Xmas Manhattan map trailer teaser has snowfall, Sinatra "Let it Snow" and my much vaunted garbage truck environment kill....well...it's probable that, that trailer could go viral. 

So basically most of the new content we know about is dropping in October and the rest of it is just speculation.

As of right now the only things that are concrete are the bikini DLC, Part IV Jason and the Jarvis Map... the rest of it is just a giant "maybe".

Also a big fat "WOW" on that Single Player release time... really? Offline bots are coming before the single player? ... a likely story.

Either way, I'll believe it all when I see it... until then I hope the 600 person player base can keep the servers alive.

It's really unfortunate what's going on with this game right now...

Thanks for sharing though. Good Luck.

That's a lot of content, can't wait to ses the virtuel cabin 2.0 and. But first thing first, i want that damn part 4 Jason with the new map already!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Hudonj said:

That's a lot of content, can't wait to ses the virtuel cabin 2.0 and. But first thing first, i want that damn part 4 Jason with the new map already!!!!!!!

Based on the roadmap, it's safe to assume the new Jason and map will come before or with the physical launch (Oct. 13), because they're listed before the new clothes pack, which is very likely the new clothes teased in the trailer for the physical release. Can't wait!

• Like 1

And what about that hulk hogan dlc where you get to bodyslam every counselor as the hulkster??

Ok jk, i made that...

... oh my god... the goofy police phonecall during a session!!

'PLEEEASE, HULK HOGAN IS PINNING DOWN ALL OF MY FRIENDS WITH A LEG DROP!!!'

....ok ugh... im really really tired today.... 

6 hours ago, TiffanyCakes said:

Also since when did Pamela have shifting and morph powers?

About the same time in the movies that Jason got them, which would be never. Pamela, much like Jason would be placed in the movie where she is needed to create fear, and kill her victims. The game translates this horror movie trope into shifting and morphing.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

There are children with lemonade stands who conduct themselves in a more professional manner than Gun Media.

7ac.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

I understand, but it's so hard to not be completely disappointed right now.... Guess it'll be even longer before I play this game again. 

I know, seeing single player that late really makes me mad

1 hour ago, XRizerX said:

Also a big fat "WOW" on that Single Player release time... really? Offline bots are coming before the single player? ... a likely story.

No no no you see the way they are spinning it,single player is actually 3 parts and you're getting offline bots and a new virtual cabin soon™.

37 minutes ago, Ultimusone01 said:

About the same time in the movies that Jason got them, which would be never. Pamela, much like Jason would be placed in the movie where she is needed to create fear, and kill her victims. The game translates this horror movie trope into shifting and morphing.

It's Funny cause I've never seen Jason morphing in any movie so why can't Pamela do it as well? Shoe would be easier to kill though....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mojitodominic said:

It's Funny cause I've never seen Jason morphing in any movie so why can't Pamela do it as well? Shoe would be easier to kill though....

Part VIII he clearly shifts and morphs in four scenes. When on the dance floor, when he ends up on ladder and throws the guy off, the guitar kill scene, and when he is outside be hind Charles and yet ends up on second story of building tossing him out the window.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Part VIII he clearly shifts and morphs in four scenes. When on the dance floor, when he ends up on ladder and throws the guy off, the guitar kill scene, and when he is outside be hind Charles and yet ends up on second story of building tossing him out the window.

Nah... Those are mad Stalk skills

• Like 1

I'm totally on board with Pamela having Shift & Morph. If that ruins the verisimilitude for some players, that's on them. But I can sympathize with the developers not having that as a priority, since the entire shack bit, kill strategies, and Pamela voiceovers would need to be replaced. But then again, same with Roy, so...

• Like 1