GunMedia_Ben

Single player news + DLC roadmap

20 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

There are children with lemonade stands who conduct themselves in a more professional manner than Gun Media.

We're talking about a company who announced a delay right before they were due to release, like they did last time and the time before.

I think Illphonic is trying to support to the game. I think Gun is planning their next autograph signing or pat-themselves-on-the-back Pax panel.

I don't think anyone should leave the forum just because they've seen a company brutalize a franchise they're a fan of. People should hold Gun accountable for the multitude of lies and broken promises.

The only reason I can think of for announcing late is not wanting to announce bad news without some good news too. Who knows how long it may have taken to create a content schedule which they now need to stick to under scrutiny.

Besides it's been hinted at that single player may not be ready for the original release date, so I was really not surprised albeit a little disappointed. Again it's hopefully for the best, many of us have repeatedly told them to release content "when it's ready" in the past, so that we don't have a repeat of what happened at launch.

Also when I said "take a rest" please don't think I was telling anyone to leave. Just for their sake, I personally would if I was in the same boat. But suit yourselves. 

8 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Hey all! Today we're going to reveal a bit more up our skirts here at Gun Media and IllFonic about our actual DLC plans for the game, beyond what you've already been informed. While dates are tentative, this should give you all an idea of what is currently in the works/on the docket for Friday the 13th: The Game at this time. 

yYSlDV5.jpg

We have some news from IllFonic for you regarding timelines and single player: 

Thanks for the transparency. @GunMedia_Ben I am so glad QA isn't taking a back seat to new content. If the game plays smooth that DLC will sell itself.

16 minutes ago, WARRIC said:

So what you saying now The Virtual Cabin is Now Comming to Consoles? If this is true thats another lie saying it will be PC Only.

Seriously? Virtual Cabin was never exclusive to PC or backers. It was a development diary that didn't warrant allocating resources for a console release. The fact we're getting an updated version on consoles is a good thing. Just a bonus.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, YouSurvived said:

Hmmm, I don't see "servers" anywhere on this roadmap.

oh wow, that is a pretty big thing to be missing, can't believe i didn't notice that

• Like 3

Just now, 2moar said:

oh wow, that is a pretty big thing to be missing, can't believe i didn't notice that

Forget servers we are getting a winter map ?

• Like 1

hello

it is nice to put new dlc of the game but soon and still no date released I find a little bit devs

Know what? I'm actually happy with this, it's good to know that they have a solid plan and only single player was promised... but we are getting bots too!

You guys can no longer say they aren't trying because they are giving us everything and now that the game is sold they don't have to do it but they are. 

I was honestly expecting just a few crappy clothing and single player.

But they are doing more than I thought. 

Don't forget how much money they are putting into it too. 

Thanks @GunMedia_Ben and everyone involved. 

I know before I was a little angry and was a bit harsh and called you all unprofessional but y'all proved me wrong. ?

4 hours ago, Alkavian said:

I actually find it interesting that people read the snowflake as Christmas. I actually read the Pumpkin as sometime in October and the snowflake as Winter....

You are correct. Randy confirmed tonight during his live stream the pumpkin represents autumn (not specifically halloween) and the snowflake represents winter (not xmas). 

• Like 1

You got a timeline for bugfixes too? Because this is getting ridiculous now, what we have here is still a game with a lot of major bugs four months after the initial release. You should work day and night on these problems, everyday more and more people are leaving the game but, even this week, no patch. In the last update you introduced some new problems too, performances are now very bad (I used to have 50 / 60 fps, now I have 25 on some maps) and what about that annoying "swing noise"? I know that these kind of regression problems can happen during game development, but everyone was expecting a hotfix a few hours after the release. Nothing, it's already 15 days that you left us playing with those low fps and that annoying noise...

8 hours ago, StormShadow said:

Well 2.0 would infer that it's BETTER than the version that we PAID for and it's coming free.  Just another slap in the face for those that brought the game to life.

Weĺl consoles never got it. You saying they should never have it too?

6 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I see no issue with the PS4 Savini as it wasn't as bad as Xbox, almost everyone on Xbox got him while only a handful of people on PS4 got it. Plus Sony wouldn't do that, both Sony and Gun took the money. He's still pretty rare on PS4.

If nearly everyone on xbox got him, 19 out of 20 players dont use him. Why does everybody exaggerate on here when it comes to Savini Jason on xbox?

Appreciate the layout and the road map, thank you.

I don't know we can assume it'll be a winter style map around winter time, not when there are still versions of movie maps to do yet.

Camp Forest Green, Shepard house and area, and the Crystal Lake area in JGTH are all locations I could see as working in the existing framework and they also already have 'their Jason' in the game already. Which marketing wise they might like doing. Pinehurst doesn't have Roy yet, Lazarus or Manhattan would probably need longer gameplay revamp and testing, Grendel would need both things.

Didn't expect the Cabin to return period, let alone on consoles. I'm glad I'll be able to experience that in a revamp.

I'm sad and frustrated that the Xbone is the platform with the longest lag in getting patches passed and issues resolved. I appreciate much is out of their hands, but it's still a disappointing situation. Knew that Steam would be much quicker but Sony is leaving it in the dust almost every time now too. I hope some way to expedite this in the future can happen.

The Savini Jason situation, last I heard was Microsoft seemed to have cleared it up but the devs were waiting on official confirmation. I'd like to hear about that. And yes, if even a ballpark idea of the dedicated servers situation.

9 hours ago, Honkytonkgamer said:

Will the Virtual Cabin 2.0 appear on consoles as well?

Yes. Wes confirmed that on Twitter.

8 hours ago, DJM said:

You got a timeline for bugfixes too?

This is the most current update on the bugfixes done by Gertz, he answers some questions during the thread as well.
In terms of time, the first post here lays out of the delay and really, it's not a surprise what's causing it mostly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, A.J. Mason said:

You are correct. Randy confirmed tonight during his live stream the pumpkin represents autumn (not specifically halloween) and the snowflake represents winter (not xmas). 

That is completely and utterly fucking stupid.

Just a heads up- fall ends December 21st. :rolleyes:

Edit:

And March 20th, 2018 is the end of Winter...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

That is completely and utterly fucking stupid.

Just a heads up- fall ends December 21st. :rolleyes:

Edit:

And March 20th, 2018 is the end of Winter...

Seems reasonable to me.

1 minute ago, A.J. Mason said:

Seems reasonable to me.

Yea- seems reasonable to me to that single player won't be fully released until Spring 2018. Super reasonable. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Yea- seems reasonable to me to that single player won't be fully released until Spring 2018. Super reasonable. :rolleyes:

To each their own.

everything is very much in their hands, they are the ones with poor QA, they are the ones whose patches fail cert, none of that is on MS at all. I'm really shocked the last patch got through cert at all, look at what it did to the game on all systems.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Maybe a year from now when the new maps come out (9 with small maps), total of 8 non paid dlc playable Jasons (including retro and IV), at least 10 playable counselors, SP, rain, bugs patched, and one additional game mode, maybe then it'll be worth it's asking price.

You forgot the free Savini. 

With this, I wasn't sure new counselors were in the works. Cool. 

What I'm most concerned with:

1. Dedicated servers timeline. 

2. Savini resolution. 

For all those saying it hasn't been close to being worth to $40, I tend to disagree. My opinion of course... but I've actually purchased five copies, (for myself, my wife, my brother, cousin, and brother in law). And I believe it was money well spent! I look at it several ways. I spent $60 on God of War 3. An epic game that was a fantastic experience... that ended up being 15 hours long. I was wanting a longer experience sure. But in the end, the game was well worth it. If my wife and I go to movies, and buy soda and popcorn, it'll cost us $35-40 for what amounts to an average of a 2 hour experience. And if the movies good, it's worth it. For less then GoW3 (when it came out), and around the same price as hitting up the theater, I get to be Jason! Run from Jason! Visit and explore actual film locations. And enjoy tremendous interaction, fun, laughs and screams with friends. Yes there have been numerous bugs, glitches, and even several times we couldn't find play at all. That said, we keep coming back. We have sunk a TON of hours and evenings into this game. If I never touched it again, I got my money's worth several times over, and that's coming from someone who paid for five copies of it! Now add in all the stuff coming to us over the next 3-6 months... I'm excited. Sure there's been disappointment, and some frustration. But I'm just happy to see there's more on the horizon. If they were gonna "take the money and run," we wouldn't have that road map of things ahead. As much as I look forward to some single player action as well, I don't care if it slips into early 2018, as long as it's fun and works well! I still believe Hitman style SP could be a blast... picture Pamela talking to Jason before each chapter. "Your mission, Agent 13, is to take out the counselors without letting them alert the authorities and do it in any way you deem necessary." lol... In the end, I want more Jason's (including Uber Jason!), more maps, more kills, more counselors.... and it appears that's all headed our way! There's even a new mode coming our way. So we'll wait. In the meantime, we'll continue to have fun. Has there been frustration? Depression? Absolutely! But has there been fun? Enjoyment? Laughs? Screams? Most definitely!! Many times over! And this is coming from people (myself and the ones I bought it for), that NEVER play multiplayer games! Hate them! And yet, this game has brought that aspect to us in ways I never thought possible. So in the end, I look forward to what lies ahead... and rain!!! :)

• Like 8