Jump to content
GunMedia_Ben

Single player news + DLC roadmap

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Max Walker said:

Single player people be like....tumblr_inline_o55toxbQHM1qbdfh0_500.gif

 

Multiplayer people...giphy31.gif

I'm new around here so maybe I missed it, but do we even know what the single player mode is going to consist of, really, or are people just so unhappy with multiplayer that they want something else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

It's already too late to do anything about the PS4 leak as they have taken the money and it wasn't that bad. I don't see many Savini Jason on PS4, he's pretty rare on PS4. As for Xbox I think it would be easy to remove it from Xbox as it was free and can easily resend codes to the backers and fix it. 

They could patch him out of the game then send refunds to PlayStation people. After that they just patch him back in and resend codes to backers. Or they can leave it the way it is and give the backers something new like Pamela or kid jason. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

They could patch him out of the game then send refunds to PlayStation people. After that they just patch him back in and resend codes to backers. Or they can leave it the way it is and give the backers something new like Pamela or kid jason. 

I see no issue with the PS4 Savini as it wasn't as bad as Xbox, almost everyone on Xbox got him while only a handful of people on PS4 got it. Plus Sony wouldn't do that, both Sony and Gun took the money. He's still pretty rare on PS4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

So, what'd I miss while playing Fallout 4?

Oh I see, no single player. We knew that a month ago, but thanks for confirming. I mean, you knew this in July when you took it off the site and the store pages.

Look, I get it, I actually really do, but it is hard to be impressed. You said blah blah fix bugs first.

What I see is.... 7 piece4s of new content for multi-player before a piece of content that you used to have in the game you are labeling as new single player content. Then new single player content likely around American Thanksgiving. And a whole new game mode for multi-player before challenges launch proper?

New art assets, new animations, new kills, new clothes. ok, sure most of that is not what people working on single player would be doing, and sure, that which they would be doing will likely port over anyway, so in a sense they are working on single player.

I'm bummed man.

I am glad multi-player is getting a face lift. It sure can help things.

I will be better and more positive tomorrow after I cry in my beer a little.

 

Fallout 4 has a Friday The 13th Jason Voorhees mod. Play as Jason with single player mode while killing everyone. :)

I just want a patch on Xbox One that fixes what the last update messed up. Windows, doors, and combat stance. Still waiting.

3wdsTzx.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

I'm new around here so maybe I missed it, but do we even know what the single player mode is going to consist of, really, or are people just so unhappy with multiplayer that they want something else?

Not yet, I'm very excited that we are getting a single player mode though, however current glitches/bugs need to be addressed to make a coherent game all around in multiplayer. People are frustrated because there are alot of bug/glitches that need to have been fixed already yet still remain.  Many people in the community are patient however and most definitely support the developers situation and are willing to wait for the necessary fixes as long as it's done right.  Multiplayer is very fun and ultimately we just want the game to run as smoothly as possible for Jason and the counselors. I know whatever the developers do for single player though, it will be awesome...they just need to fix multiplayer first for everyone's sanity.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

They gotta add Pamela.

Maybe new game mode is with Pamela! Is no possible put pamela in normal game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Fallout 4 has a Friday The 13th Jason Voorhees mod. Play as Jason with single player mode while killing everyone. :)

I've got about 10 days of game time on FALLOUT 4 (mostly just settlement building, because I am a crazy person), but I haven't really played around with the mods at all. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they permanently disable achievements if you use them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually find it interesting that people read the snowflake as Christmas. I actually read the Pumpkin as sometime in October and the snowflake as Winter....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, RKSDooM said:

I've got about 10 days of game time on FALLOUT 4 (mostly just settlement building, because I am a crazy person), but I haven't really played around with the mods at all. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they permanently disable achievements if you use them?

Yes. Achievements are disabled with mods. A different save is created with an (M) so you know mods are active on it.

You can disable the mods. Continue on an existing unmodded save at anytime and get achievements again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

I actually find it interesting that people read the snowflake as Christmas. I actually read the Pumpkin as sometime in October and the snowflake as Winter....

Is there much of a difference? Winter starts a few days before Christmas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit on the fence about this update. I love the new info, scheduled content and all, but can't help being a bit disappointed about the single player delay even though it was to be expected. I will put that aside however as I would prefer a stable release over a broken one of course. Best of luck to the devs on getting it through the door.  

With that said, I am mainly wondering whether they are putting too much faith in their timeline, which has consistently been the case. Even in regards to the most upcoming updates, when you factor in that 7 of them are scheduled for release before Halloween. I just hope they have allocated time for Murphy's Law in all these projections, as based on their track record it isn't their strong suit.

I don't like being the pessimist but every one of those updates may either have issues itself, cause issues elsewhere or even both, which regardless of work distribution between team members, is going to cause delays somewhere. And it's more than just a possibility. Generating excitement for new content is not worth the backlash for biting off more than you can chew, as we have seen before. I hope things will be different this time around, for everyone's sake.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What doesn't sit right with me is the amount of "great news" and "thanks" that are appearing in this thread. Grow some balls and tell these people they are failing at their job. Small team? Not my problem, guys. 

The game, since launch, has been broken. With every successive patch/update, it stays broken - often being in a worse state than before. And it appears that with all these delays, it will continue to stay broken - there is literally no reason to expect otherwise, looking at the explanations posted. 

A product has been released that doesn't do what it's supposed to, and it's accepted. That's unreal. If I did that at work, and failed to rectify it months after the fact, I'd get fired. 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Is there much of a difference? Winter starts a few days before Christmas.

Christmas is towards end of December, but winter goes through February. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can say, even though the game is still in a questionable state, I greatly appreciate the higher amount of communication you have been showing to us. That has really been my biggest issue of all, is the community outreach.

This shows me you guys still care and have set, hopefully, reasonable goals for yourselves and are committed to making this game what it should be, even if things are delayed. Take the time on the big stuff that matters, but still make small adjustments when needed. I have hope you guys will pull through.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm honestly amazed some of the folks at Gun, particularly the community manager, still have a job. To Gun: you suck at keeping promises- completely, utterly suck. It's one delay after a failure after a delay- rinse, repeat.

You delayed for single player and now you're saying you have to delay single player? When do you actually deliver on anything ever? Gun Media is a shady group of wannabe video game publishers incapable of producing anything but lies and empty promises. I feel sorry for Illphonic having to work with such an unprofessional group of people.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh there's a map around Christmas.... is that the winter map everyones excited about ? ????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ima be honest....sadden about single player and offline bots....

But we are getting two new Jasons??

So? Is one of them gonna be Pre-Uber Jason? And Roy Burns? Or....both Pre and Post Uber Jason?

But Ima not gonna sit here be moody about it because least GunMedia is actually doing development progress unlike most games I have played before and early access included thanks guys for the heads up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I'm honestly amazed some of the folks at Gun, particularly the community manager, still have a job. To Gun: you suck at keeping promises- completely, utterly suck. It's one delay after a failure after a delay- rinse, repeat.

You delayed for single player and now you're saying you have to delay single player? When do you actually deliver on anything ever? Gun Media is a shady group of wannabe video game publishers incapable of producing anything but lies and empty promises. I feel sorry for Illphonic having to work with such an unprofessional group of people.

I think that's pretty harsh honestly. Looks to me they are just a new publisher learning the ropes, without the luxuries or the pull of the big players. I have given them a fair share of criticism myself but it isn't with disdain (at least I hope it isn't interpreted that way), and it's just in the hope they will take some feedback on board. From what we've been seeing lately it looks like they have.

I don't mean to play good cop / bad cop here, I honestly believe they are trying to support the game the best they can and keep the fan base happy, I just hope they have learned from past mistakes. I think new content and physical release, if delivered correctly, will relieve some of the tension between the community and Gun. I really wish them the best, they just need to do it with care to fulfill their promises.

For you guys in the community who have had enough, you should really consider taking a rest from it all and coming back when the new updates are in motion. No reason to let yourself keep getting aggravated about it all.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty certain new Jason's will be Roy and Uber. I have a feeling maps will go in chronological order and the next ones will be 5, 6 and 7. Gives them til next year to do 8 and X (though new game mode may be a part 8 map).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

I think that's pretty harsh honestly. Looks to me they are just a new publisher learning the ropes, without the luxuries or the pull of the big players. I have given them a fair share of criticism myself but it isn't with disdain (at least I hope it isn't interpreted that way), and it's just in the hope they will take some feedback on board. From what we've been seeing lately it looks like they have.

I don't mean to play good cop / bad cop here, I honestly believe they are trying to support the game the best they can and keep the fan base happy, I just hope they have learned from past mistakes. I think new content and physical release, if delivered correctly, will relieve some of the tension between the community and Gun. I really wish them the best, they just need to do it with care to fulfill their promises.

For you guys in the community who have had enough, you should really consider taking a rest from it all and coming back when the new updates are in motion. No reason to let yourself keep getting aggravated about it all.

There are children with lemonade stands who conduct themselves in a more professional manner than Gun Media.

We're talking about a company who announced a delay right before they were due to release, like they did last time and the time before.

I think Illphonic is trying to support to the game. I think Gun is planning their next autograph signing or pat-themselves-on-the-back Pax panel.

I don't think anyone should leave the forum just because they've seen a company brutalize a franchise they're a fan of. People should hold Gun accountable for the multitude of lies and broken promises.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what you saying now The Virtual Cabin is Now Comming to Consoles? If this is true thats another lie saying it will be PC Only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when they keep failing to live up to what they've promised, that wasn't that harsh at all. before this road map, the most we've gotten out of them is soon and the self congratulation party of best selling movie based game on kickstarter. Really seems like they are just marketing themselves and not their product, like look at how amazing we are, look what we did without big backing and just from fans. and that really discounts that what made them and the kickstarter is the f13 license, and not gun.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...