Sign in to follow this  
RustInPeace

Has there been or will there be a revamp to the gore system?

After searching through previous topics on the gore in the game, my question seems to be more focused on more current builds of the game.  With the recent improvements on the visuals (recent update and future rain implementation) and the change to the way clothing will be handled, will there be any new updates to how active gore/blood (such as an increase to particle sprays, slow pooling of blood from dead bodies, and more accurate splatters i.e. door head smash) and passive gore/blood (like varied and more accurate decals to where damage has been taken) is handled Vs where it currently is?  Could @Gertz possibly give a little insight on this topic?

Edited by RustInPeace
Tagged a dev for possible info

I sure hope they eventually get around to it. I'm not unhappy with what we have, but improvements to the effects would be most welcome!

• Like 2

Blood splatter would be super cool. The door kill could leave blood splattered all over the door and wall. Blood pools under dead bodies would be great. Especially if you could smear it all over the floor from kicking the body. Counselors who walk through blood could leave footprints for a short distance. 

I'm sure it would be a ton of work to implement. But it's fun to think of all the things they could do.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, A.J. Mason said:

Blood splatter would be super cool. The door kill could leave blood splattered all over the door and wall. Blood pools under dead bodies would be great. Especially if you could smear it all over the floor from kicking the body. Counselors who walk through blood could leave footprints for a short distance. 

I'm sure it would be a ton of work to implement. But it's fun to think of all the things they could do.

It would be amazing to stumble into a cabin to find a murder scene and see Jason's boot-prints littered around after running through a pool of blood.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fourkillmaster said:

It would be amazing to stumble into a cabin to find a murder scene and see Jason's boot-prints littered around after running through a pool of blood.

Something like this?

Slash+Rules+Cliches+-+Jason+Lives+Friday

I would LOVE to come across this in a match. Fear level would automatically max out!

Make the game as bloody as possible, that children who play this game get fucked up and traumatized.

• Like 1

Improving the blood effects and gore, yes. But don't go over the top like mortal kombat, because then it looks silly and cartoonish.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2017 at 9:18 PM, Archgamer said:

Improving the blood effects and gore, yes. But don't go over the top like mortal kombat, because then it looks silly and cartoonish.

Of course it wouldn't be MK levels of blood, but should be within reason of the game and way people get killed.  I'd find it pretty amazingly detailed and brutal (always more room for brutality!) if someone got impaled/hung on a tree and a slow stream of blood went running down the face of the tree and pooled just a bit at the base.  Another instance would be after a counselor jumps through a window, depending on how damaged they get, have some blood dripping slightly down the face from their hairline (since they dive head-first with little cover from their arms into windows.)  Things like that I think would fit nicely without going overboard.