Sign in to follow this  
ogremonkey83

To help people stay in games

There is no punishment right now for people leaving games.  I have noticed more and more people leaving right as the game is starting when they are not Jason, or if they die right away.  Staying in the game to earn 500 points is a bonus to finishing the game.  I think a way to keep an incentive to stay in the game make each game bonus subsequently more for each game completed.  If you quit the game you lose the bonus and your next score has a negative modifier.  This will discourage people from quitting games mid-match. A lot of people are quitting just as Jason is killing them, where they don't gain any points and Jason does not get the kill despite finishing the move itself.  If you give someone incentive to stay in and a punishment to leave it will help the game a lot more.  

Finish 1 game: 300 points, Finish 2 games 400 points, finish 3 games 500 points and so on.

Give a bonus modifier for the host completing the game.  give the host an additional 100 points for finishing the game as they are most critical.  

Not finishing 1 game (own volition) -300 next game finished, and that increasing each game not finished.  

Also do not allow a person who quits the previous game to be Jason in any subsequent match.  Not allowing someone to quit/start games until they are Jason will help with keeping full games.

The dedicated servers are more than likely not coming, let alone anytime soon.  A simple solution would help out a lot on some of these problems plaguing the game.   

Or, you know...

Just give Jason the XP when the animation starts rather then make something complex?

10 minutes ago, Daminus said:

Or, you know...

Just give Jason the XP when the animation starts rather then make something complex?

Makes more sense to me...

16 minutes ago, Daminus said:

Or, you know...

Still does not solve the quitting issue.  So not at all.  Giving the points to Jason should already be automatic.  

Why would it matter that people leave if Jason gets the xp for it anyway?

Fucking hate when i'm waiting too fucking long to be jason , and then finally when i'm jason and and kill the owner of the sesion the motherfucker decide to leave destroying mi game 

It has to be some kind of punishment to those who always decide to abandon the session 

4 minutes ago, pucho said:

Fucking hate when i'm waiting too fucking long to be jason , and then finally when i'm jason and and kill the owner of the sesion the motherfucker decide to leave destroying mi game 

It has to be some kind of punishment to those who always decide to abandon the session 

The punishment can't be a ban either as there is not single player or another way to play the game.  That would absolutely kill the player base.  

4 minutes ago, pucho said:

On the flip side sometimes it's good to be host and quit the game if you spot Jason helpers and trolls who don't help you escape. If they ruin my fun I will ruin theirs too.

@pucho

You won't have that problem when they roll out the dedicated servers. Just be patient. I hate those people too but it's something we just have to live with for now.

7 minutes ago, Truth said:

@pucho

You won't have that problem when they roll out the dedicated servers. Just be patient. I hate those people too but it's something we just have to live with for now.

I have no faith in the dedicated servers, especially not coming anytime soon.  Also doesn't help the game right now and the status of it.  I played 10 straight games without finishing one of them due to the host leaving, or the game crashing.  

I'm sure it will take a while, but I doubt they would go back on that. They know there's a ton of issues with hosts and it needs to be fixed.

I haven't had the game crash in a while, what system are you on?

As of right now it really sucks to be Jason as when you are finally Jason all the players leave.  If you kill the host all your work was in vain unless it is a cool host who doesn't leave when you kill them.  

Just now, Truth said:

I'm sure it will take a while, but I doubt they would go back on that. They know there's a ton of issues with hosts and it needs to be fixed.

I haven't had the game crash in a while, what system are you on?

PS4, I have crashed a lot, even as Jason.  I will be killing someone and it just crashes to BSOD. 

7 minutes ago, ogremonkey83 said:

PS4, I have crashed a lot, even as Jason.  I will be killing someone and it just crashes to BSOD. 

Ah. I'm on xbox... I always let the game play through.

Remove the quit option from matches. :lol:

Force them to shut down the game and restart it. Have to regroup with their troll friends.

Remember when the game crashed every match on Xbox One?

I always wished there was a way to skip the 2 intro scenes with the loud music before you get to the main menu.

I know I hated it. So will rage quitters. ? 

• Like 1

@GhostWolfViking

I will NEVER be able to get those intros out of my head... Every time I boot it up I want to shoot myself...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Remove the quit option from matches. :lol:

Force them to shut down the game and restart it. Have to regroup with their troll friends.

Remember when the game crashed every match on Xbox One?

I always wished there was a way to skip the 2 intro scenes with the loud music before you get to the main menu.

I know I hated it. So will rage quitters. ? 

Actually that is kind of a good idea.

Not sure what damage that might do to a system though. But I see no reason this would harm people who crash, have to qwuit for personal reasons, or have sucky internet. Those are the three reasons why I have opposed a penalty system for quitters. Sometimes, shit happens ande you can't penalize people for that.

Also, to a suggestion earlier, it is difficult for me to agree to a system that rewards longer play, as that might penalize people for not having an hour or two to get their full points. I suppose it would be ok, if points started at 500 and went up from there. In the end though, not sure it is healthy to promote extended game play.

Edit @Truth Haqve you noticed how they play both of them for all of their promos and teasers too? I cannot escape!

2 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Edit @Truth Haqve you noticed how they play both of them for all of their promos and teasers too? I cannot escape!

See most of the time I'm on the forums or watching their teasers I'm at work. I don't have speakers hooked up and now that you mention it, I'm slightly grateful.

Confession: I really like the intros. It's a clear callback to VHS distributor bumpers, and it makes me feel nostalgic and nice.