Sign in to follow this  
BigDookie77

Starting Sessions?

Hello,

Just curious if anyone is having trouble finding a match on Steam as of late.  I've attempted to play F13 for three days now and each time I log in, it says "Starting Sessions" and I end up in a room with 1 or no people...are servers being worked on? 

1 hour ago, BigDookie77 said:

Hello,

Just curious if anyone is having trouble finding a match on Steam as of late.  I've attempted to play F13 for three days now and each time I log in, it says "Starting Sessions" and I end up in a room with 1 or no people...are servers being worked on? 

I'm not aware of what's going on with steam as far as any connection issues. I know PS4 has been having a lot of issues connectivity wise.

Steam I believe is registering the lowest player base out of all 3 platforms. Less than 1k players are logging on weekly to play F13. Which horribly low. Hopefully the physical copy release will improve those numbers. I cannot say for sure tho if that's the reason behind your issue. Still a possibility that may be the problem.

Maybe a friend of mine can better assist you. @Definitelynotjason Are you having any issues getting on?

Hello there!

So I have noticed that it has been taking longer to find games. This is likely to do with the lack of players.

What happens after a minute or so is that the system will set you up in your own room. This will likely populate right away with one or two players, and then you might have to wait for a minute or so for the room to fill up.

This, as I say is likely do to the lack of players.

You may also be experiencing a rare issue that happens with dedicated servers that no one talks about. That is, you may find yourself being thrown on to a server in Oceania or Asia or Europe or North America if you are in any of those other places. You can tell you are far away from the server if your ping time is red. Many people will bail imediately in that case and you will find yourself in an empty room that no one wanted to be in. Again, it will take a few minutes to repopulate. This happens very very rarely though. The vast majority of the time you will be within the go zone of ping times, even if you are playing with people in Russia or Asia, or North America if you are in one of those other places. I often get in to matches with Russians and Asian players, despite being in Canada... which I guess is close to Russia if you go over the top of the world. Anyway, I am always in those kind of matches with little to no ping issues that go above 150 or so.

In the end, lack of players is hitting PC pretty hard.

@Tattooey To be honest, I don't think physical release is going to help. I am not sure they are even releasing physical for PC. Everything I have seen is promoting xbox and ps4 packaging. I am sure there are some backers getting physical copies.

Physical copies are not a major thing in the pc world, unless you are talking about special edition packaging. A disk is rarely something pc players bother with. With broadband, there is very little difference between digital and disk installation, and you have to go through the update process anyway. I have never purchased a piece of software hard copy that didn't require an immediate update after you installed it.

So, short of getting the super deluxe collecters metal box of awesome, there is not much market for hard copy on pc.

Of course, having said all of that, if there is new content released around or at the same time, we will likely see a small resurgence. This last patch did nothing to get our player base back. There was a small 200 or so bump on patch day, and then anouther massive drop off of about 500 online at a time users the next day or two. They did not return for the hotfix.

I've had zero issues finding games on PC. I usually get thrown into pretty full lobbies. But who knows what they've done for matchmaking/ping limits/region over the last couple of patches...I imagine if you live in a region with low numbers you may suffer from what OP is talking about here. That was never an issue before though. I don't think this game cares about regions when it comes to matchmaking. I've played with people from all over...

I've never seen a "starting sessions" message appear. Maybe double check your network and make sure everything is in order.

Even with PC numbers dwindling, I've had no issues getting into a full lobby in under a minute (Quickmatch).

Can you offer any more info? Your region, ISP, etc...

edit: and yeah, physical release will do absolutely nothing for PC numbers. I doubt it does much for consoles either. Maybe a few hundred...maybe a thousand new players, tops.

I've never seen the "starting session" message.. I live near the west coast and have an abysmal time trying to find games with low ping which is strange.. I haven't played in the past 2 weeks but the last day I played I had to leave like 26 lobbies in a row to get a game lower than 200 ping. The low player count truly is abysmal on pc right now, the latest patch is completely broken and nobody wants to play it.

I work midnights so when I get home around 8AM EST I'm usually on for an hour or two. And I notice I'm thrown into lobbies on my own, and usually my connection is just fine, but it does take a minute or two for the lobby to fill up and you can definitely see people trying to get in and then when they do they're either losing the connection, or they leave on their own. But since I play on PS4, it makes it nice since I'm the host then and don't have to worry about the host rage quitting due to an early death, or not being picked to be Jason. Really the only thing I worry about during those hours, as Jason, are people rage quitting during kill animations, or the occasional blue screen crash which happens very rarely nowadays for me. Other than that, I've been having a blast! :)

Since the 28 of August . I have not even found a quick play session on pc . After the patch all the game does is put me in empty lobbies . I waited up to one hour with no one joining the session . No matter what time i try i have never found a quick play lobby .

Friday the 13th  The Game Screenshot 2017.09.16 - 09.51.32.24.png

3 hours ago, SuperAsh93 said:

Since the 28 of August . I have not even found a quick play session on pc . After the patch all the game does is put me in empty lobbies . I waited up to one hour with no one joining the session . No matter what time i try i have never found a quick play lobby .

Friday the 13th  The Game Screenshot 2017.09.16 - 09.51.32.24.png

I would re-install the game. PC version is working fine for me.

I have similar issue as the OP, but it only happens maybe 60% of the time or so, and yea I'm in asia so its probably due to low numbers.
I think the ping thing should be a setting so if people don't mind having 200+ ping to make them find a game with people faster. Its really annoying to have to wait 10-15 minutes or so to start a match And before anyone says that would bring back the old ping issues people complained about, just look at some of the most competitive games in the world, CS go even has a ping setting and people just set it to what they want.