I ❤️ A.J.

I'm done playing as Jason

1 hour ago, va_ghost said:

You're not supposed to get all the counselors.  That's where there is a bonus for getting them all and not a penalty for not getting them all.  In every movie someone escapes/lives.  The Jason only players got spoiled with the one sided play.  It comes across like you don't get it ENTIRELY your way, you say $#$%^ you guys, I'm going home. 

I agree the new issues with breaking glass and problems with bashing doors plays a part, but only a part.  Will be happy when those changes are rolled back.  I don't get mad or "frustrated" when a counselor or two escapes.  I give them the hat tip and say well done. 

Some changes NEEDED to be done, you can't have so many Jason only players then the rest of the players base never escaping with so many 7/7 6/6 escapes (as there is always one $%#$%^ who leaves the moment they see they aren't Jason) and expect them to enjoy always losing.  If the players who die see someone escaped or came darn close then they psychologically want to play again and the that person, the one who escapes or nearly does.  When every dies on a total wipe over and over, you will get more and more and more Jason only players.

Why on earth do you see EVERY GAME nearly have 1-2 people leave as soon as, or shortly after, the Jason animation appears.  It is because when you're punished playing the counselors and it is a slogfest, you then only play the Jason side. 

I have zero sympathy for people who are so self-entitled to think they must get everyone and WIN ALL THE THINGS every time and like the movies if someone escapes on average then it isn't fun.  Boo hoo hoo.

The game play isn't one sided though.  Over time, the scale has been tipping to the counselor's side.  I'm perfectly fine with counselor's escaping.  I have stated this in a previous post.  Counselor's need to escape sometimes.  Otherwise there wouldn't be a point to this game.

Even all counselor's escaping every once and a while is fine.  It sucks for the Jason player, but it does happen.  A 7/7 team escape should be extremely rare however.

The problem is when it becomes easy for counselor's to escape.  In my anecdotal experience, and it seems that others agree, playing as Jason is becoming harder and playing as a counselor is becoming easier.  That's broken and shouldn't be the case.  I'm not saying escaping should be rare or almost impossible, but you should feel a sense of accomplishment when you escape from a masked killer.

Its not about I'm not getting my way.  Not at all.  Its about the game being done the right way.  Jason is an unstoppable force in the movies, but he doesn't feel that way anymore in the game.  I see players absolutely toying with Jason and it's quite common.

Remember, this is Jason's game.  It's built for Jason and built around Jason, not counselor's.  The devs said Jason needs to be OP, but I get the impression that from recent patches, that isn't the case anymore.  It might be a perspective thing or just counselor's getting better, but I feel that a new patch to buff Jason a little bit would be nice to create more balance in Jason's favor.

I'll say it again, a nice average across all games would be 70% - 80% of all couselors being killed by Jason.  Anything outside of that, and the game isn't working properly.  I suspect as of right now, it's closer to 50% - 60%.

• Like 1

When counselors adapt in their strategies, Jason needs to adapt as well.  If you're getting ganged up on, use part 3 Jason to slash kill counselors faster.  If you're having trouble with objective management, switch to part 2 for his abundance of traps.  Change up how you play Jason too.  Maybe try to use stalk more or knives.  In general pay attention to how you are getting beaten and devise a strategy to counter it.  It's also a numbers game.  If the counselors get good spawns, you could end up in the 3 kill range.  If Jason gets good spawns(objectives close together), he could go 8 for 8. Don't give up hope.  Just keep working at it.

• Like 2

Anecdotal blah blah blah, but since the last patch might see a 8/8 Jason every twenty games or so. I see more than 4 kills maybe a quarter of the games.

I escape way more than before especially as a kiting Vanessa. 

I generally play private matches against solid players but still it should be harder. I'd like to see Jason OP again. Honestly it would be cool to have two two-seaters instead of the four seater option. Or hell, just cops and one two seater.

7 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

On ps4 my last game with Jason part 3 was an eight out of eight against good players with mics. They even got the car going and I was able to stop it multiple times. They claimed vengeance! But I escaped the next round too and had to go to sleep. But hey sometimes everyone escapes. Sometimes one single person escapes. Escape happens. One of the problems with this game is when you are Jason you feel a lot of pressure to kill everyone. Relax and take a deep breath. Enjoy the chase. I will say that the XBOX players really need the hot fix if they don't have it yet. 

No disrespect to the TC, but threads like these are becoming embarrassing. Jason in his current form is still OP and still has the advantage...period. Good counselors are going to give you a chase and a battle. A good Jason player will always keep an eye on his TRAPPED objectives and whittle away at the counselors. I've had amazing rounds as Jason against both good and poor counselor players as well as bad games as Jason. It happens. This is called balance, people, and there are many variables that can happen in a match. 

Also, this narrative of "well, IN THE MOVIES, when was the last time you saw 4,5,8 counselors escape!!?" needs to die now. It is irrelevant and should have no bearing on the balance of the game, lol. This is an online, multiplayer team oriented game. The counselors need a chance at survival (which they do) and balance needs to exist, for which it does and it feels fine. Strictly Jason players need to remember that counselors need to manage stamina, health, and be able to stun Jason either through combat (which is more of a risk to the counselor) or a pocketknife. The game is tilted in Jason's favor, as it should be, but some of these threads wreak of noob or average Jason players not utilizing his tools (blocking melee attacks, picking up numerous knives, breaking windows) and/or the meta of the game to their advantage. It's going to be a tough time against a well coordinated team of counselors.

They sped up the prompt to break windows and the only real nerf to Jason was the combat stancing of doors. This happened with Evolve, where the Wraith was massively OP and a lot of people dropped the game due to it. No one in that community would argue, "but it's a monster...it should have NO weaknesses!!!!!" lol. If they tilt the game any more in the favor of Jason, the game will die fast due to improper balance. 

• Like 2

No being able to damage counselors climbing through windows is a huge Nerf. Also, no being able to break a window until after the couselor completes their window climb is a decent nerf.

You think it's balanced. I don't. Agree to disagree and all that. But right now as a counselor more nights than not I feel like I'm in easy mode. And I'm a decent player, but no superstar.

3 hours ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

Remember, this is Jason's game.  It's built for Jason and built around Jason, not counselor's.  The devs said Jason needs to be OP, but I get the impression that from recent patches, that isn't the case anymore. 

I'll say it again, a nice average across all games would be 70% - 80% of all couselors being killed by Jason.  Anything outside of that, and the game isn't working properly.  I suspect as of right now, it's closer to 50% - 60%.

I agree with your entire post 110%.

I just quoted what I found to stick out more to me. 

The curious part of me would like to know those statistics. How often does counselor's escape vs. getting killed by Jason.

With that said, this game is NOT about balance. So the people that want balance may need to go play dead by daylight or just play F13 and leave their bitching at the door. Because we do not want balance. I want to get that tingle feeling back when Jason is around me. Currently, it's "oh Jason is here, no big deal I will just run him around while you guys repair the car" etc. I am sure you guys catch my drift. 

In closing I will add my spawn preference is a counselor, A.J. To be exact. So if I feel this way as a counselor, I am sure Jason players feel even worse. So come on dev's save our game before it's to late, you're my only hope! :)

IMG_0028.PNG

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, malloymk said:

No being able to damage counselors climbing through windows is a huge Nerf. Also, no being able to break a window until after the couselor completes their window climb is a decent nerf.

You think it's balanced. I don't. Agree to disagree and all that. But right now as a counselor more nights than not I feel like I'm in easy mode. And I'm a decent player, but no superstar.

IIRC, Gun said that this is not intended and that it's a bug causing Jason's weapon to contact the first surface it touches and nothing else.  This is also why currently if Jason is surrounded by a group of counselors and he swing's his weapon, it will only make contact with one of them.

I apologize for the double post, but for some reason it wouldn't allow me to edit my last one.

Here is what Gertz had to say about this issue in his State of the Game thread on Sept 7th

Windows and Doors (In Verification)
  • This will be a little longer...
  • We found an issue where Jason was only inflicting damage to the first object he hit...this was causing Door Breaking and Window Breaking to happen inconsistently as Jason would more often than not hit the Cabin before hitting the Door or Window.
  • This was also causing a number of other issues; Counselors not being hit when they should have been, objects not being hit when they should have been, Counselors not breaking counselors out of a choke, etc.
  • This was also having an unintended side effect of allowing counselors to gang up on Jason knowing he could only hit one counselor...he can now cause damage to multiple counselors at once...beware

Jason anxiety happens. I was set to counselor preference for a long time. I used to tense up as Jason and screw up. I gave it a long break and came back to it. I am able to relax and play with purpose after my time away. Now I have fun with it despite not always getting all the counselors. If I go 6/8, and everyone has fun, it was a good game. If I get less than that, well, there's always next time. At least I still haven't gotten my mask knocked off yet! Mother would kill me if I came home without it. 

8 hours ago, NScarlato said:

I can still get 8/8 kills as Jason despite all the disadvantages they inflicted on him with the changes and bugs.  

But there are times when counselors get away not due to skill, but due to some of the BS bugs or changes.

Both sides suffer handicaps from the game glitching .I can't tell you how many times I've smacked Jason with a bat and I get points for stunning him but he doesn't be get stunned then I get grabbed and Insta killed .

Dude you have to admit though..most councilors are just bad.People don't play with mica and even more people refuse to lock doors.Even if you're a great councilor you still have to worry about if the other councilors are doing their job .Idk I just felt like bringing that up .

8 hours ago, va_ghost said:

You're not supposed to get all the counselors.  That's where there is a bonus for getting them all and not a penalty for not getting them all.  In every movie someone escapes/lives.  The Jason only players got spoiled with the one sided play.  It comes across like you don't get it ENTIRELY your way, you say $#$%^ you guys, I'm going home. 

I agree the new issues with breaking glass and problems with bashing doors plays a part, but only a part.  Will be happy when those changes are rolled back.  I don't get mad or "frustrated" when a counselor or two escapes.  I give them the hat tip and say well done. 

Some changes NEEDED to be done, you can't have so many Jason only players then the rest of the players base never escaping with so many 7/7 6/6 escapes (as there is always one $%#$%^ who leaves the moment they see they aren't Jason) and expect them to enjoy always losing.  If the players who die see someone escaped or came darn close then they psychologically want to play again and the that person, the one who escapes or nearly does.  When every dies on a total wipe over and over, you will get more and more and more Jason only players.

Why on earth do you see EVERY GAME nearly have 1-2 people leave as soon as, or shortly after, the Jason animation appears.  It is because when you're punished playing the counselors and it is a slogfest, you then only play the Jason side. 

I have zero sympathy for people who are so self-entitled to think they must get everyone and WIN ALL THE THINGS every time and like the movies if someone escapes on average then it isn't fun.  Boo hoo hoo.

A lot of Jason players are really cocky and that makes escaping that much sweeter .That being said they need to get over this crying that Jason isn't strong enough stuff .There's this thread where people are wanting part 4 Jason to sprint ...As if his extra reach isn't enough.

19 minutes ago, TiffanyCakes said:

A lot of Jason players are really cocky and that makes escaping that much sweeter .That being said they need to get over this crying that Jason isn't strong enough stuff .There's this thread where people are wanting part 4 Jason to sprint ...As if his extra reach isn't enough.

We want Part 4 Jason to sprint because thats what he did in the film check out the video below

Sorry guys but the game right now is balanced. It was never meant to be balanced according to the devs. Jason isnt OP. Hes weak. It should be rare escaping from him. I want to be afraid of him when he shows up....not waiting to run up to him smack him and juke him. 

Then he gets stunlocked and beat down by groups which is....Im sorry ... lame.

Yeah....Jason needs buffed. Big time. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

Sorry guys but the game right now is balanced. It was never meant to be balanced according to the devs. Jason isnt OP. Hes weak. It should be rare escaping from him. I want to be afraid of him when he shows up....not waiting to run up to him smack him and juke him. 

Then he gets stunlocked and beat down by groups which is....Im sorry ... lame.

Yeah....Jason needs buffed. Big time. 

I definitely agree

My biggest frustration as Jason is that more people are kill quitting by the second. I rage quit for the first time last night as the first 4 counselors I killed quit. I was 0/8 with 4 counselors left. @Gertz Are you guys doing something about this?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mojitodominic said:

My biggest frustration as Jason is that more people are kill quitting by the second. I rage quit for the first time last night as the first 4 counselors I killed quit. I was 0/8 with 4 counselors left. @Gertz Are you guys doing something about this?

That's ridiculous.  I would probably do the same.  You need to find a better group of counselor's to play with.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

Playing as Jason is no longer fun for me.  I can't remember the last time I killed all of the counselor's.  It's probably been a month.  Now, I'm lucky to get half of the counselor's.

Most games I kill about 3 out of 7 or 8.  I'm okay with 1 maybe 2 escaping, but when I kill less than half the counselor's, that's just not acceptable in my eyes.

It's becoming more and more frustrating every time.  I feel this immense amount of pressure to perform as a "good" Jason and it's just too much.

For the first time since I started playing this game, I'm setting my spawn preference to counselor.  My last 2 games, I was a counselor and I escaped both times.  Had much more fun both times than I've had as Jason in weeks.

Hey hit me up when you see me online. I got some really good stratergies I can run you through that may help dramatically improve your playstyle. I'll show you a few nifty tricks that may potential help you do better.

I think what has happened is players have been able to reach a skill level as Counselors that even the advanced Jason player cannot consistently match anymore. In an asymmetrical multiplayer game, we do not have traditional balance where both sides are on an even playing field. Instead, consistency is our form of balance - that one side will always have the upper hand.

Obviously that is meant to be Jason, but from what I've seen and experienced playing since release, I believe the scales have gradually tipped to where we are now - where more often than not, advanced counselors vs advanced Jason has the counselors coming out on top. In other words, Jason has hit a ceiling in terms of what he is able to deal with, even at a top level.

You need only to look at how the game has been promoted vs how it actually plays, to see that there is something wrong. I will use the small maps as an example - "40% smaller, 100% deadlier". But are they actually 100% deadlier? Or are you more likely to find counselors escaping far more efficiently, and Jason having a much harder time picking them off and controlling objectives? It seems to me the counselors aren't the ones with the higher stakes here, and that extends to the large maps too. 

I don't think the devs are in touch with how people actually play this game, what the reality of the gameplay is vs their idea of it.   Whoever said there is pressure to play as a good Jason these days, that is 100% correct. As Jason you are often forced to play at your peak now, to achieve even an average result against high levels. Based on what the game was designed as, it should be the other way around.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

I think what has happened is players have been able to reach a skill level as Counselors that even the advanced Jason player cannot consistently match anymore. In an asymmetrical multiplayer game, we do not have traditional balance where both sides are on an even playing field. Instead, consistency is our form of balance - that one side will always have the upper hand.

Obviously that is meant to be Jason, but from what I've seen and experienced playing since release, I believe the scales have gradually tipped to where we are now - where more often than not, advanced counselors vs advanced Jason has the counselors coming out on top. In other words, Jason has hit a ceiling in terms of what he is able to deal with, even at a top level.

You need only to look at how the game has been promoted vs how it actually plays, to see that there is something wrong. I will use the small maps as an example - "40% smaller, 100% deadlier". But are they actually 100% deadlier? Or are you more likely to find counselors escaping far more efficiently, and Jason having a much harder time picking them off and controlling objectives? It seems to me the counselors aren't the ones with the higher stakes here, and that extends to the large maps too. 

I don't think the devs are in touch with how people actually play this game, what the reality of the gameplay is vs their idea of it.   Whoever said there is pressure to play as a good Jason these days, that is 100% correct. As Jason you are often forced to play at your peak now, to achieve even an average result against high levels. Based on what the game was designed as, it should be the other way around.

Well said.

I definitely feel "on" when I play as Jason now, and especially playing with our group, you're gonna have a rough go as Jason. Every counselor is experienced and play quite smart. They work together.

But at the same time, that's what makes playing as Jason FUN. Killing a bunch of isolated counselors who can't even gas up a car is extremely boring. I got to a point where I stopped trapping the phone because it's just more fun to give them a false sense of hope.

But trying to play as Jason on Xbox right now? Fuck that...You'll be fighting doors more than you will be counselors.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tattooey said:

Hey hit me up when you see me online. I got some really good stratergies I can run you through that may help dramatically improve your playstyle. I'll show you a few nifty tricks that may potential help you do better.

Yeah I hit a rough patch lately.  I never considered myself a "high level" Jason, but I always considered myself decent to the point where I would consistently get more than half of the counselor's and I was fine with that.  I might be going on later tonight or tomorrow.

8 hours ago, PrettyBoyNick said:

No disrespect to the TC, but threads like these are becoming embarrassing. Jason in his current form is still OP and still has the advantage...period. Good counselors are going to give you a chase and a battle. A good Jason player will always keep an eye on his TRAPPED objectives and whittle away at the counselors. I've had amazing rounds as Jason against both good and poor counselor players as well as bad games as Jason. It happens. This is called balance, people, and there are many variables that can happen in a match. 

Also, this narrative of "well, IN THE MOVIES, when was the last time you saw 4,5,8 counselors escape!!?" needs to die now. It is irrelevant and should have no bearing on the balance of the game, lol. This is an online, multiplayer team oriented game. The counselors need a chance at survival (which they do) and balance needs to exist, for which it does and it feels fine. Strictly Jason players need to remember that counselors need to manage stamina, health, and be able to stun Jason either through combat (which is more of a risk to the counselor) or a pocketknife. The game is tilted in Jason's favor, as it should be, but some of these threads wreak of noob or average Jason players not utilizing his tools (blocking melee attacks, picking up numerous knives, breaking windows) and/or the meta of the game to their advantage. It's going to be a tough time against a well coordinated team of counselors.

They sped up the prompt to break windows and the only real nerf to Jason was the combat stancing of doors. This happened with Evolve, where the Wraith was massively OP and a lot of people dropped the game due to it. No one in that community would argue, "but it's a monster...it should have NO weaknesses!!!!!" lol. If they tilt the game any more in the favor of Jason, the game will die fast due to improper balance. 

Stop!!

23 minutes ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

Yeah I hit a rough patch lately.  I never considered myself a "high level" Jason, but I always considered myself decent to the point where I would consistently get more than half of the counselor's and I was fine with that.  I might be going on later tonight or tomorrow.

Dude you kno you love bugzy please change your name

29 minutes ago, 2fast4u said:

Dude you kno you love bugzy please change your name

Nope!  I'm currently working up the courage to ask out A.J.

You don't understand, I need her.  I literally get sad whenever she dies in this game.

I hope she has a 2 piece option for the swim suit.

3 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Well said.

I definitely feel "on" when I play as Jason now, and especially playing with our group, you're gonna have a rough go as Jason. Every counselor is experienced and play quite smart. They work together.

But at the same time, that's what makes playing as Jason FUN. Killing a bunch of isolated counselors who can't even gas up a car is extremely boring. I got to a point where I stopped trapping the phone because it's just more fun to give them a false sense of hope.

But trying to play as Jason on Xbox right now? Fuck that...You'll be fighting doors more than you will be counselors.

Thanks. I agree, I welcome a challenge as much as anyone. Win or lose, I'm in it for the fun. However - and I think others would agree - it's how ineffective Jason can be against skilled counselors which is the frustrating part. Especially since the premise of the game is that the match is supposed to be in his favour. It's difficult to believe that though when you see just how bad a Jason player can be bullied in matches now, and all of their counter efforts made into a joke. 

When you regularly see players sticking around just to keep Jason perpetually stun locked for amusement, or even killing him on a regular basis, it makes you wonder whether he is as OP as the design intended. Against bugs, exploitative tactics, lack of fluidity in gameplay, shortsighted design choices and even poorer design changes, I do think he is lagging behind now.

1 hour ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

Nope!  I'm currently working up the courage to ask out A.J.

You don't understand, I need her.  I literally get sad whenever she dies in this game.

I hope she has a 2 piece option for the swim suit.

This may be off topic, but I am sure you two are meant to be together, and you can turn that one piece into a two piece if you get my not-so-subtle meaning. ;)