Jump to content
I ❤️ A.J.

I'm done playing as Jason

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Well breaking windows on PS4 is better. Killing the doors is quick if you hold the attack button down like it was intended. No stun locking Jason out of existence. I think it was a decent fix for ps4.

Well maybe I am thinking of the patch before that patch.Maybe 1.09, 1.08 for sure was a good build

Either way, they need to just go back to the build/version (1.08 maybe 1.09 I think) that had team killing, then patch that build/version to remove team killing *ONLY* then make that version 1.11 and everyone would be happy. Because the game worked fine then. Yes there was a few small bugs, but nothing like it is now, where it affects gameplay.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's definitely not fun playing as Jason right now. I played as Part 2 last night and I felt like a noob again. Only went 3/8 and it was a hard fought one at that. Window/door breaking, getting ganged up on by counselors, Morph not working right...it was highly frustrating knowing I should have finished closer to 6/8-7/8.

Definitely thinking about taking a break until this gets fixed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also think the small maps are advantage counselor, when everybody figured they might be advantage Jason. I think they can be fun, but it almost feels to me like they were designed to combat the complaints of long winded match times for those who bother to wait around in spectator after they escape or are killed. So the solution was make small maps that would make gameplay faster and hopefully cut down on time in spectator.

Reasons why the small maps are advantage counselor

1. Always the cars, never a boat escape

2. Most important items are now condensed

3. This is actually a good thing, but notable that slower counselors now have a chance to move around the maps without being chased down by Jason constantly. Sure, they can still be tunneled, but they have more chance now to live.

4. Items in general are easier to find because...less to explore and discover

The ONLY downfall for counselor on smaller maps is if some tard decides to escape with the other set of keys, leaving the items to respawn on the shore, which most of the playerbase simply don't know happens still. That, and when counselors decide to carry parts around when they know they might die, so they die in the middle of nowhere. Even on the smaller maps, this is a killer. That, and also leaving all the extra parts near the car that's already fixed up to begin with.

Outside of that, Jason can't be wasting time breaking down doors with his glitched/half working swings while counselors have cars ready to go in 2 minutes tops or patrolling the phone with more than two traps.

A lot of this is why I hope Crystal Point/The Part 4 map whatever its called has Crystal Lake in the CENTER of the map with everything else around the outside, with little room to do anything but run in straight lines in either direction in a circle. This would help give water speed credence as a strength for 7 and 8. Also, the inevitable 'small' version of that map would ALWAYS have a boat escape, no freebies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

 

It's becoming more and more frustrating every time.  I feel this immense amount of pressure to perform as a "good" Jason and it's just too much.

I have taken to position of "just have fun" when spawning as Jason. While I do try and get everyone, I do not stress about it (usually). It is hard to reset the competitive mindset, but well worth it.

I enjoy playing as Part 7 again and I especially enjoy the classic "machete stab". It is also much more gratifying when you do clear the board after being told you are playing a crap Jason.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Grape said:

I have taken to position of "just have fun" when spawning as Jason. While I do try and get everyone, I do not stress about it (usually). It is hard to reset the competitive mindset, but well worth it.

I enjoy playing as Part 7 again and I especially enjoy the classic "machete stab". It is also much more gratifying when you do clear the board after being told you are playing a crap Jason.

 

Maybe that's what I need to do. Change my Jason to part 7, that way when I only get a few I can say "hey man what do you expect I am playing a crap Jason" haha :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, pro5pt0 said:

Well maybe I am thinking of the patch before that patch.Maybe 1.09, 1.08 for sure was a good build

Either way, they need to just go back to the build/version (1.08 maybe 1.09 I think) that had team killing, then patch that build/version to remove team killing *ONLY* then make that version 1.11 and everyone would be happy. Because the game worked fine then. Yes there was a few small bugs, but nothing like it is now, where it affects gameplay.

Matchmaking works much better now.

And we have new maps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, pro5pt0 said:

Maybe that's what I need to do. Change my Jason to part 7, that way when I only get a few I can say "hey man what do you expect I am playing a crap Jason" haha :P

2798741314d4d35cba49c61673a80c81.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got trolled by a bunch of dorks last night...You know the types: That annoying group of 6 hipsterdorks at the restaurant that annoy the entire dining room...I killed 4 of them fast and they were pissed because I was using Savini and because I wasn't "role playing" (I was silent). So two of them used the Sense glitch on Higgins. Not even sure if it was intentional or not. But I couldn't find the remaining two because apparently they were camped behind some rocks somewhere.

They had a good laugh after the match and called me a trash Jason. Then I told them Sense wasn't working (even with Rage) because they glitched by jumping out the windows at Higgins...they claimed that wasn't a thing.

Still got 5/7. They got nothing done, no Tommy call. But I had what would have been a perfect round ruined by a glitch. To make matters worse, some dipshits got a false sense of satisfaction :P

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I got trolled by a bunch of dorks last night...You know the types: That annoying group of 6 hipsterdorks at the restaurant that annoy the entire dining room...I killed 4 of them fast and they were pissed because I was using Savini and because I wasn't "role playing" (I was silent). So two of them used the Sense glitch on Higgins. Not even sure if it was intentional or not. But I couldn't find the remaining two because apparently they were camped behind some rocks somewhere.

They had a good laugh after the match and called me a trash Jason. Then I told them Sense wasn't working (even with Rage) because they glitched by jumping out the windows at Higgins...they claimed that wasn't a thing.

Still got 5/7. They got nothing done, no Tommy call. But I had what would have been a perfect round ruined by a glitch. To make matters worse, some dipshits got a false sense of satisfaction :P

Yes, Higgins Haven sense bug. I hate that map as Jason. Everyone spawns at the main lodge and goes through a window. Can't wait for it to get fixed.

It does not work on Higgins Haven small. Only the large version of the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fooobar said:

Last time I tried hitting the door in combat stance didn't work well at all. Will try again tonight.

Hold the attack button out of combat. The animation is slower but the door dies faster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

Playing as Jason is no longer fun for me.  I can't remember the last time I killed all of the counselor's.  It's probably been a month.  Now, I'm lucky to get half of the counselor's.

Most games I kill about 3 out of 7 or 8.  I'm okay with 1 maybe 2 escaping, but when I kill less than half the counselor's, that's just not acceptable in my eyes.

It's becoming more and more frustrating every time.  I feel this immense amount of pressure to perform as a "good" Jason and it's just too much.

For the first time since I started playing this game, I'm setting my spawn preference to counselor.  My last 2 games, I was a counselor and I escaped both times.  Had much more fun both times than I've had as Jason in weeks.

yo just gotta ignore everyone and be a "good" or "bad jason" only one way to get better and thats to be him. Conselors are so good at the game now you just have to have fun while playing as jason. The more you play as jason the better you will get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try using Part 2, 6 or 8. They're the best in slot right now.

 

If you're new to Jason, use Part 6, as he can shift and sense pretty far. 

 

If you're okay with Jason, try part 8 as he can bist down doors noticeably quicker, whilst having stalk to be more stealth.

 

And if you're more experienced try Part 2 as he has morph and a lot of traps, though he has a decrease in shift to make up for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if more people swapped to counselor.  I got Jason 5 times last night which never happens. 

Last night on a small camp, all 8 counselors grouped for the 4 seater.  I had to deal with all the pocket knives, flares, 2 shot guns, firecrackers, and bats in one spot.  Despite endless stuns, I managed to keep the car stopped pretty well.  

I killed 3/8.  1 person rage quit during the kill animation or it would be 4.  Then when I grabbed the driver I got hit and the thing happened where I got shot across the map.   By the time I could morph I was half a map away.  The last 4 escaped.  

Then I hear "ha ha!  Did he even kill anyone?"

"only 3.  That Jason sucked!"

Fuck this stupid game.  I did better than most would have with literally all 8 gang-banging one car and would have killed them all if the game wasn't a buggy mess.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

See that's the thing.  You said you escape 75% of the time.  You shouldn't be doing that though.  I don't think anyone should escape 75% of the time.  There's something wrong with that figure.

I know it's an estimate and all of our findings are anecdotal in nature, but the devs should know. They should be tracking data on escape averages per game and then fine tune off of that.  If they aren't, then they should!

I say a good average is somewhere in the ballpark of 70% - 80% of counselor's should be killed and that's across all games. Anything outside of that average and I say the game needs tweaking.

Escaping has become way too easy so I swapped from AJ to Chad.  I play him as a selfish gatherer who creates weapon, bear trap, and med spray depots in a specific cabin to see how long I can window juke.  Sometimes I can survive 8+ minutes by myself.  It's more fun and more of a challenge than escape-artist AJ with Jason in his present state.  

 

Edit: accidental double post,  feel free to scold me and merge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Andre said:

Its because the devs keep listening and trying to please these crybaby counselors instead of just letting Jason be Jason, I personally think the game was amazing just before the August 28th patch that removed team killing, and I know thats not a popular idea here in this forum, but its majority opinion of people who play the game on PS4 but dont follow the devs om theor twitter and facebook. There are other opinions out there in those 1.8million sales besides the couple thousand on this forum

You mean like how the counselors cried about their being too many pocket knives on the map and they minimized them ? You mean like how the counselors cried about their thick skin perk being too good and it going from 40 to 20 %? I'm whooping Jason's ass All day every day and I love beating up the retard with Tiffany .DESPITE my councelor being nerfed and DESPITE his new stretchy arms .he's still getting ownt .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TiffanyCakes said:

You mean like how the counselors cried about their being too many pocket knives on the map and they minimized them ? You mean like how the counselors cried about their thick skin perk being too good and it going from 40 to 20 %? I'm whooping Jason's ass All day every day and I love beating up the retard with Tiffany .DESPITE my councelor being nerfed and DESPITE his new stretchy arms .he's still getting ownt .

I'm sorry but jason has been nerfed presently far more than counselors.   They get so many advantages just by the window changes alone. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

I'm sorry but jason has been nerfed presently far more than counselors.   They get so many advantages just by the window changes alone. 

I'm with you on this one.

It is so easy playing councelors now. Of course I get better but that is not all the truth.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

Jason is stressful!

I used to be able to kill most or all counselor's, but I haven't done that in a long time.

Same.  I have mentioned this in many a thread.  Even before the latest patch, being Jason was becoming more of a challenge and as you said above- less fun.  I too am enjoying being a counselor more. 

This all boils down to the F13 community being more experienced.  Smart players will mob up to complete objectives.  Even smarter players do 2 or 3 objectives simultaneously.  When I hear all my traps go off in succession, I know I am in trouble and playing with pros.  

I said before the only reason why I haven't switched my preference to counselor is because I want the achievements for being Jason.  Otherwise I'd be right with you, @I ❤️ A.J.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ker Juice said:

Same.  I have mentioned this in many a thread.  Even before the latest patch, being Jason was becoming more of a challenge and as you said above- less fun.  I too am enjoying being a counselor more. 

This all boils down to the F13 community being more experienced.  Smart players will mob up to complete objectives.  Even smarter players do 2 or 3 objectives simultaneously.  When I hear all my traps go off in succession, I know I am in trouble and playing with pros.  

I said before the only reason why I haven't switched my preference to counselor is because I want the achievements for being Jason.  Otherwise I'd be right with you, @I ❤️ A.J.

For me it's not just that counselors are getting smarter or have advantages on the small maps.  It's little things that add up.

The devs acknowledged that Jason breaking down doors is broken right now, due to some bug where only the first thing Jason hits registers.  So, typically this means the game thinks you hit the Cabin wall first, and then the door, so the door doesn't break.  Even if physically it's impossible based on where you are swinging.

This also means you can't damage more than one counselor at a time when they all gang up - which they do all the time now on small maps.

Politely waiting for a counselor to climb through a window, and then get up and walk away before breaking it is bullshit.  I thought they patched not being able to grab/hit counselors during window climbs but they slowly climb through all the time while I'm on Jason.  I think you still have to get them before they start climbing to hit, and VERY early to grab.

Jason being knocked to the edge of the map if he gets hit after grabbing the car driver needs to be fixed.  Again, this is more a problem now that counselors are grouping and attacking Jason now more than ever.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate playing as Jason, since the beginning. I usually use Jason Part 8, I managed to get some dudes killed, but nah, is not my thing at all. Running for my life (if I'm playing as Tiffany) or being the queen of the boat (with AJ) or kicking Jason's ass (hello, Adam) is definetely my thing. The counselor life is so much better, despite all the Jasons along the way lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

For me it's not just that counselors are getting smarter or have advantages on the small maps.  It's little things that add up.

The devs acknowledged that Jason breaking down doors is broken right now, due to some bug where only the first thing Jason hits registers.  So, typically this means the game things you hit the Cabin wall first, and then the door, so the door doesn't break.  Even if physically it's impossible based on where you are swinging.

This also means you can't damage more than one counselor at a time when they all gang up - which they do all the time now on small maps.

Politely waiting for a counselor to climb through a window, and then get up and walk away before breaking it is bullshit.  I thought they patched not being able to grab/hit counselors during window climbs but they slowly climb through all the time while I'm on Jason.  I think you still have to get them before they start climbing to hit, and VERY early to grab.

Jason being knocked to the edge of the map if he gets hit after grabbing the car driver needs to be fixed.  Again, this is more a problem now that counselors are grouping and attacking Jason now more than ever.

I agree- all the misc. bugs & changes makes matters worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, TiffanyCakes said:

You mean like how the counselors cried about their being too many pocket knives on the map and they minimized them ? You mean like how the counselors cried about their thick skin perk being too good and it going from 40 to 20 %? I'm whooping Jason's ass All day every day and I love beating up the retard with Tiffany .DESPITE my councelor being nerfed and DESPITE his new stretchy arms .he's still getting ownt .

Wats ur PS4 name? We can settle this in Crystal Lake, you run ur mouth too much honey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

I'm sorry but jason has been nerfed presently far more than counselors.   They get so many advantages just by the window changes alone. 

we aren't supposed to have invinciblity through windows .thats something they're fixing ..Some of you guys just aren't good Jason's period though still .There are good councilors/Jason's (Killings most councilors)who are going to win and adapt every time the game changes regardless. I'm not so blind that I won't admit that climbing through windows without being hit is kinda messed up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TiffanyCakes said:

we aren't supposed to have invinciblity through windows .thats something they're fixing ..Some of you guys just aren't good Jason's period though still .There are good councilors/Jason's (Killings most councilors)who are going to win and adapt every time the game changes regardless. I'm not so blind that I won't admit that climbing through windows without being hit is kinda messed up.

I can still get 8/8 kills as Jason despite all the disadvantages they inflicted on him with the changes and bugs.  

But there are times when counselors get away not due to skill, but due to some of the BS bugs or changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

Playing as Jason is no longer fun for me.  I can't remember the last time I killed all of the counselor's.  It's probably been a month.  Now, I'm lucky to get half of the counselor's.

Most games I kill about 3 out of 7 or 8.  I'm okay with 1 maybe 2 escaping, but when I kill less than half the counselor's, that's just not acceptable in my eyes.

It's becoming more and more frustrating every time.  I feel this immense amount of pressure to perform as a "good" Jason and it's just too much.

For the first time since I started playing this game, I'm setting my spawn preference to counselor.  My last 2 games, I was a counselor and I escaped both times.  Had much more fun both times than I've had as Jason in weeks.

You're not supposed to get all the counselors.  That's where there is a bonus for getting them all and not a penalty for not getting them all.  In every movie someone escapes/lives.  The Jason only players got spoiled with the one sided play.  It comes across like you don't get it ENTIRELY your way, you say $#$%^ you guys, I'm going home. 

I agree the new issues with breaking glass and problems with bashing doors plays a part, but only a part.  Will be happy when those changes are rolled back.  I don't get mad or "frustrated" when a counselor or two escapes.  I give them the hat tip and say well done. 

 

Some changes NEEDED to be done, you can't have so many Jason only players then the rest of the players base never escaping with so many 7/7 6/6 escapes (as there is always one $%#$%^ who leaves the moment they see they aren't Jason) and expect them to enjoy always losing.  If the players who die see someone escaped or came darn close then they psychologically want to play again and the that person, the one who escapes or nearly does.  When every dies on a total wipe over and over, you will get more and more and more Jason only players.

 

Why on earth do you see EVERY GAME nearly have 1-2 people leave as soon as, or shortly after, the Jason animation appears.  It is because when you're punished playing the counselors and it is a slogfest, you then only play the Jason side. 

 

I have zero sympathy for people who are so self-entitled to think they must get everyone and WIN ALL THE THINGS every time and like the movies if someone escapes on average then it isn't fun.  Boo hoo hoo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...