I ❤️ A.J.

I'm done playing as Jason

3 minutes ago, OohNavySeals said:

I think my biggest nightmare when playing as Jason has to be this one Vanessa player, I got lucky and took everyone else fairly quickly but spent 12 minutes chasing this one and failed. I think she must have gathered every object from every cabin and stored it in the path she was planning to go. 4 Pen Knives, 2 fire crackers, 2 first aid sprays and 2 flare guns later and she got away. 

Part of me was raging, the other part applauded the effort it must have took to set that lot up!

In that situation I would try to hit them with knives when they aren't expecting it. Once they are limping you shift onto them and start beating them to death unless you suspect they don't have a pocket knife.

10 minutes ago, OohNavySeals said:

I think my biggest nightmare when playing as Jason has to be this one Vanessa player, I got lucky and took everyone else fairly quickly but spent 12 minutes chasing this one and failed. I think she must have gathered every object from every cabin and stored it in the path she was planning to go. 4 Pen Knives, 2 fire crackers, 2 first aid sprays and 2 flare guns later and she got away. 

Part of me was raging, the other part applauded the effort it must have took to set that lot up!

That does take some planning, but if she had all that stuff, it makes me wonder just how much her other counselors were actually doing in terms of searching for anything. Unless she was pawning them off their dead corpses too, haha!

6 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

In that situation I would try to hit them with knives when they aren't expecting it. Once they are limping you shift onto them and start beating them to death unless you suspect they don't have a pocket knife.

I was Savini Jason a few days ago, and someone was waiting for me by the police. I knew they were gonna hit me with a knife because they had nothing else in their hands, so I just stabbed them over and over with the trident. Sure enough, when they died, 3 pocket knives fell to the pavement. 

18 minutes ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

See that's the thing.  You said you escape 75% of the time.  You shouldn't be doing that though.  I don't think anyone should escape 75% of the time.  There's something wrong with that figure.

I know it's an estimate and all of our findings are anecdotal in nature, but the devs should know. They should be tracking data on escape averages per game and then fine tune off of that.  If they aren't, then they should!

I say a good average is somewhere in the ballpark of 70% - 80% of counselor's should be killed and that's across all games. Anything outside of that average and I say the game needs tweaking.

The small maps are the easiest to escape on.

Most games the cops are called in 5 minutes. All you have to do is play a little sneaky for 10 minutes and then evade Jason at the exit. Or if you have a pocketknife let hem grab you at the exit just for the points.

@Nickypoolicious please don't multi-post; I've merged your previous posts. You can use the edit function to change stuff. but wait until someone else has made a post before you make a new one :)

I know right. Who knows what the players playing as counselors are saying when they shoot you and run off. "Later Bitch!" "Fucken Worst jason :D" "This person has no idea how to play Jason". One time i got stunned, Players escaped in the car, they said "Later BITCH!" This was before I even had a mic, so I was basically MAD that moment.

A double post right after a double post warning.

Anyway, the best way to play Jason is to play a Jason with at least 5 traps, trap the phone, both cars and then just patrol the objectives with morph, especially the four seater. Don't go off hunting people in a corner of the map until most people are dead.

21 minutes ago, OohNavySeals said:

That is excellent playing by her :)

9 minutes ago, Fooobar said:

That is excellent playing by her :)

Yeah, it was my own fault, just saw red and went on the chase, I should have realised she was leading me a certain way on purpose and morphed ahead of her instead!

I think the biggest problem for Jason is the timer. Even with all the escapes and tricks and small maps. It creates the pressure.

Jason has to kill the counselors within the time frame...or they win. Its just that simple. The counselors literally don't have to do anything besides loop and camp, and since the cabins work to their advantage, especially with the right perks. As counselor, with a well coordinated group. You could literally go around cabin to cabin, camp and run and Jason would likely be outed by the timer. They wouldn't have to escape in the cars, the boat, the cops or kill him.

There is NO downside for counselor to drag the game out, even with the likelihood of supplies drying out. Yes Jason gets rage eventually, but all rage amounts to is quicker cooldowns and busting through doors where counselors can get free hits almost every time.

Perhaps if there were reason for counselor to be more objective based and less wasting time. It almost feels like fear should be something that becomes a problem for counselors as the match goes on. As they fear getting out alive more. On top of the reduction of hud, less stamina and tripping. Things like opening doors or going through windows or locking doors becomes a skill check event instead of just opening them easily. Like in every slasher film known to man, when the characters would frantically struggle with opening or closing or locking doors or windows. The same thing could happen to counselors as the game goes on. Now looping and camping becomes more of an issue when everything turns into a skill check event.

To make things worse, when running from Jason. You start to trip AND FALL to the ground like in every slasher film known to man. The panic and fear from running makes you fall to the ground more, leaving you vulnerable to be killed. No more running forever with the only downside being waiting for stamina while an undead Jason hopelessly tries to catch you with shift or knives. Now you have to be smart about running even more than before. This would also prevent the gang assaults against Jason when trying to escape or trolling in general. Now the counselors are so fearful, when they get close to him, they start falling and tripping MUCH MORE, falling backwards and whatnot. No more free stuns when your falling on the ground waiting to be killed.

So there should be downside to counselor play lasting 20 minutes. As counselor, your objective should be to leave as fast as possible...or else because you know...serial killer on the loose. If the timer is going to work against Jason like it does. Then the timer should work against the counselors too. Only makes sense.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

@Nickypoolicious please don't multi-post; I've merged your previous posts. You can use the edit function to change stuff. but wait until someone else has made a post before you make a new one :)

Yeah my bad on the double post lol, I'm a security guard all alone in a big warehouse on midnights so I tend to type more quickly and more often that I forget to watch stuff like that.

27 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

A double post right after a double post warning.

Anyway, the best way to play Jason is to play a Jason with at least 5 traps, trap the phone, both cars and then just patrol the objectives with morph, especially the four seater. Don't go off hunting people in a corner of the map until most people are dead.

I suppose worst things have happened lol. I agree with you though. I like to lay my traps and cut the power, before closing in on my prey.

$hit just last night i got my ass handed to me as jason... 1/8

i was pissed like a muffuka!!! most ppl in the room had mics and i overheard 1 asking "how did u disarm 2 traps at the same time?" is that even possible?

i dont mind getting beat but damn!!!! that was a 1/8 lol it as an ugly match.... the match before i survived till the end, started the car but didnt wanna drive so i let the last remaining player drive then he drives to the exit, waits for jason to take me out the back seat then drives off.... fuq these pieces of shit players!!! i should have  ran over his dumb ass instead of waiting and picking him up.... FUQ.... HIM!!!

@I ❤️ A.J.

I'm seeing a new trend of Jason players rage quitting as soon as the car is fixed. 4 players escape and Jason leaves instantly.

After the patch most games go 0/8 , 1/8, or 3/8. Rare to see 8/8 on Xbox One. Only if it's an experienced player killing a team of new players.

The slow A window animation, god mode in windows, and broken door breaking is what sucks the fun out of it.

I have tried to hit doors that only need 1 hit to break and missed them 6 to 10 times holding RT.

Barricaded cabin doors get you stuck at the end of the last swing with RT. High chance to miss hits too.

The counselor runs to the other side of the map while you waste time on one unbreakable door.

Combat stance was nerfed and is not effective to break anything anymore. I miss hits while trying to hold RT on cabin walls.

Can't swing to break windows or hit counselors climbing through windows. Can't press A on windows until they finished the slow animation of climbing through it.

Xbox One players are stuck with no hot fix and have to wait. Quickplay is still a broken mess. Empty lobbies since the first patch. Same after new patch.

At launch Quickplay never worked. I have played private matches all the way to 101.

The next patch needs to be a huge update and resolve game breaking bugs. Many players will stop playing if it fails the Microsoft patch certification process again.

PC and PS4 can get updates the day they get announced. Xbox has to wait 1 month. That is why you see the 28th release dates each patch.

I agree that playing Jason is not as fun anymore. It was a challenge before the patch to escape. Now it's common to see full lobbies escape after the patch.

When did you see a Friday The 13th movie where everybody escaped Jason and no one dies?

Never Hike Alone is not out yet. 0/1 killed :lol:

• Like 1

When I'm Jason and 4 people escape in the car at the start (extremely rare, even on small maps) I console myself with the fact that it's highly unlikely the rest of the players will find the things they need to escape, so I can take the rest of the match slow and stalk the 3 or 4 remaining people.

1 minute ago, GhostWolfViking said:

I'm seeing a new trend of Jason players rage quitting as soon as the car is fixed. 4 players escape and Jason leaves instantly.

After the patch most games go 0/8 , 1/8, or 3/8. Rare to see 8/8 on Xbox One. Only if it's an experienced player killing a team of new players.

The slow A window animation, god mode in windows, and broken door breaking is what sucks the fun out of it.

I have tried to hit doors that only need 1 hit to break and missed them 6 to 10 times holding RT.

Barricaded cabin doors get you stuck at the end of the last swing with RT. High chance to miss hits too.

The counselor runs to the other side of the map while you waste time on one unbreakable door.

Combat stance was nerfed and is not effective to break anything anymore. I miss hits while trying to hold RT on cabin walls.

Can't swing to break windows or hit counselors climbing through windows. Can't press A on windows until they finished the slow animation of climbing through it.

Xbox One players are stuck with no hot fix and have to wait. Quickplay is still a broken mess. Empty lobbies since the first patch. Same after new patch.

At launch Quickplay never worked. I have played private matches all the way to 101.

The next patch needs to be a huge update and resolve game breaking bugs. Many players will stop playing if it fails the Microsoft patch certification process again.

PC and PS4 can get updates the day they get announced. Xbox has to wait 1 month. That is why you see the 28th release dates each patch.

I agree that playing Jason is not as fun anymore. It was a challenge before the patch to escape. Now it's common to see full lobbies escape after the patch.

When did you see a Friday The 13th movie where everybody escaped Jason and no one dies?

Never Hike Alone is not out yet. 0/1 killed :lol:

all this shit is true.. jason has no ballz now....u play on xbox?  i play on ps4 so weve had this prob since the hotfix patch...

I agree that the window smashing needs some sort of fix. The ONLY benefit to smashing the windows now is that broken windows do injure the counselors if they climb, or jump, through them. I hope they can maybe bring it back to what it was, or somehow make it better with the current mechanic in place. Maybe up the damage received by broken windows? This may discourage players to constantly go through them even with med sprays on hand. Then again, we could just see an influx of suicidal counselors that kill themselves on windows rather than dying by Jason's hands.

4 hours ago, Kodiak said:

It does indeed feel like there's some added pressure on Jason players. I feel like because I use Savini Jason every game and he's really rare on Steam, I have to be good with him. I've never been defeated as Jason and most of the time, I get the full wipe (except for the idiots who quit whilst I'm killing them). I've kind of set my own personal standard of 'every game, everyone has to die'.

On a side note, I actually had the displeasure of encountering a notorious forum member in a lobby last night. I had to quit 5 minutes into the game as I was going out and my friend arrived sooner than I expected, but as usual I saw he's still cheating. This time using some kind of weapon swing glitch to get about 5-6 ft ahead of where he was last standing every time he swings, at the expense of barely any stamina.

I can see you being under pressure as a Savini Jason, but that is due to Savini Jason being OP as hell. Everyone automatically thinks you should kill everyone with him. I know sometimes RNG favors the counselors and there is nothing you can do. But most of the time, you should be getting 7/7 or 8/8.

I have seen some Savini's only kill half, and I am like really?

I am sure with you being a mod on the forums, that tells me you are really involved with the game. So I am sure whatever Jason you used, you would do well. Savini just makes it easy mode for you :P

And yea, he looks cool as hell :)

5 hours ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

Playing as Jason is no longer fun for me.  I can't remember the last time I killed all of the counselor's.  It's probably been a month.  Now, I'm lucky to get half of the counselor's.

Most games I kill about 3 out of 7 or 8.  I'm okay with 1 maybe 2 escaping, but when I kill less than half the counselor's, that's just not acceptable in my eyes.

It's becoming more and more frustrating every time.  I feel this immense amount of pressure to perform as a "good" Jason and it's just too much.

For the first time since I started playing this game, I'm setting my spawn preference to counselor.  My last 2 games, I was a counselor and I escaped both times.  Had much more fun both times than I've had as Jason in weeks.

I think some of it is the players are getting better, reading guides, watching you tube video's,. reading THESE forums. Some people want to blame it on the recent changes, yes that messed up some parts of the game. But a lot of it is the players are getting better, therefore you gotta raise your game. Just keep at it, you will adapt :)

To be fair i've been in lobbies where part 7 jason wipes the lobby clean. also when rage kicks in is when you stack your body count. killing the remaining ones with rage is fairly easy.

3 minutes ago, pro5pt0 said:

I can see you being under pressure as a Savini Jason, but that is due to Savini Jason being OP as hell. Everyone automatically thinks you should kill everyone with him. I know sometimes RNG favors the counselors and there is nothing you can do. But most of the time, you should be getting 7/7 or 8/8.

I have seen some Savini's only kill half, and I am like really?

I am sure with you being a mod on the forums, that tells me you are really involved with the game. So I am sure whatever Jason you used, you would do well. Savini just makes it easy mode for you :P

And yea, he looks cool as hell :)

Well, he's not really OP right now. Only 2 of his 3 strengths work; his weapon strength doesn't so he only has +Shift and +Destruction right now.

I was a beta player before I was a mod :) I've been quite involved with the game since October 16. 

Also, please avoid double posting - I've merged your posts into one. You can use the edit function to change content, but wait until someone else has posted something before you make a new one please.

On ps4 my last game with Jason part 3 was an eight out of eight against good players with mics. They even got the car going and I was able to stop it multiple times. They claimed vengeance! But I escaped the next round too and had to go to sleep. But hey sometimes everyone escapes. Sometimes one single person escapes. Escape happens. One of the problems with this game is when you are Jason you feel a lot of pressure to kill everyone. Relax and take a deep breath. Enjoy the chase. I will say that the XBOX players really need the hot fix if they don't have it yet. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I will say that the XBOX players really need the hot fix if they don't have it yet. 

Nah bro, you don't want this "Hotfix" I think its more like a "Hotbreak" lol :P

Which is probably why they have not implemented it yet 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, pro5pt0 said:

Nah bro, you don't want this "Hotfix" I think its more like a "Hotbreak" lol :P

Which is probably why they have not implemented it yet 

Well breaking windows on PS4 is better. Killing the doors is quick if you hold the attack button down like it was intended. No stun locking Jason out of existence. I think it was a decent fix for ps4.

4 hours ago, Kodiak said:

It does indeed feel like there's some added pressure on Jason players. I feel like because I use Savini Jason every game and he's really rare on Steam, I have to be good with him. I've never been defeated as Jason and most of the time, I get the full wipe (except for the idiots who quit whilst I'm killing them). I've kind of set my own personal standard of 'every game, everyone has to die'.

On a side note, I actually had the displeasure of encountering a notorious forum member in a lobby last night. I had to quit 5 minutes into the game as I was going out and my friend arrived sooner than I expected, but as usual I saw he's still cheating. This time using some kind of weapon swing glitch to get about 5-6 ft ahead of where he was last standing every time he swings, at the expense of barely any stamina.

What's up with the name and shame? Thought that was against forum rules..

4 hours ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

See that's the thing.  You said you escape 75% of the time.  You shouldn't be doing that though.  I don't think anyone should escape 75% of the time.  There's something wrong with that figure.

I know it's an estimate and all of our findings are anecdotal in nature, but the devs should know. They should be tracking data on escape averages per game and then fine tune off of that.  If they aren't, then they should!

I say a good average is somewhere in the ballpark of 70% - 80% of counselor's should be killed and that's across all games. Anything outside of that average and I say the game needs tweaking.

You are absolutely correct, if more than 1 or 2 people are escaping during any match there is something seriously wrong. I have run into some truly awful Jason players and crashed during more matches than I have played but there should still be some good usable raw data to take a peek at.

Pre-patch a lot of us higher level players were using part 7 to challenge ourselves but that is no longer the case as he no longer just sucks, he is utterly and completely useless and even the best Jason players are having difficulty killing the majority no matter what part they use. 

I truly wish the small map update never happened.

4 hours ago, Fooobar said:

The door bugs is verified. It take like double the time to break a door now compared to for one month ago.

The traps are evaded using glitches so placing the traps nicely doesn't help.

I have reported all these bugs but you never get any answer back so I'm getting tired of reporting bugs. I know they have much to do but at least answering a report is common sense...

Reporting cheaters seems like a total waste of time too.

You are correct on all of this. None of the bugs i've reported since day one have been fixed.

And yes, reporting cheaters is pointless unless they are legitimately hacking. I randomly check the profiles of cheaters that I reported MONTHS ago and not a single one has received a ban other than a speed hacker I came across on PC. He got a VAC ban so some justice was done but I can't really give Gun props for that one.

I don't think Gun wants to continue banning people in fear of losing more player base and receiving further bad press after that big dumb reddit argument blew up in their faces.

Just now, Alien_Number_Six said:

Well breaking windows on PS4 is better. Killing the doors is quick if you hold the attack button down like it was intended. No stun locking Jason out of existence. I think it was a decent fix for ps4.

Last time I tried hitting the door in combat stance didn't work well at all. Will try again tonight.

@Psychosocial23 this particular user has been on these forums before posting content on how to cheat. Generally, we see people bringing gamertags and other bits of information that identify profiles to the forums to name and shame them. Now I think about it, it is kind of naming and shaming so I'll remove his name.