I ❤️ A.J.

I'm done playing as Jason

113 posts in this topic

Playing as Jason is no longer fun for me.  I can't remember the last time I killed all of the counselor's.  It's probably been a month.  Now, I'm lucky to get half of the counselor's.

Most games I kill about 3 out of 7 or 8.  I'm okay with 1 maybe 2 escaping, but when I kill less than half the counselor's, that's just not acceptable in my eyes.

It's becoming more and more frustrating every time.  I feel this immense amount of pressure to perform as a "good" Jason and it's just too much.

For the first time since I started playing this game, I'm setting my spawn preference to counselor.  My last 2 games, I was a counselor and I escaped both times.  Had much more fun both times than I've had as Jason in weeks.

4 minutes ago, TheButtonMasher said:

I suppose you'll have to just play as AJ.

i know that's who i'm gonna play as... ;)

3 people like this

I'm not a very good Jason to be honest and usually only get half, though I occasionally get a full wipe out when people see I'm a naff Jason and get too cocky!

I think playing Counsellor is definitely more fun though, being Jason can be stressful!

13 minutes ago, OohNavySeals said:

I'm not a very good Jason to be honest and usually only get half, though I occasionally get a full wipe out when people see I'm a naff Jason and get too cocky!

I think playing Counsellor is definitely more fun though, being Jason can be stressful!

Jason is stressful!

I used to be able to kill most or all counselor's, but I haven't done that in a long time.

2 people like this

32 minutes ago, Max Walker said:

i know that's who i'm gonna play as... ;)

So sexy!  ❤

1 person likes this

The real shame is that your not alone in this mindset OP.

The game is starting to belly up, we need good fixes and balancing and new content if this game is to survive.

I love this game an havent played it in weeks. Its just the same match over and over. The same complaints, the same strategies, the same bad jokes.

Shame.

2 people like this

38 minutes ago, TheButtonMasher said:

I suppose you'll have to just play as AJ.

Would you be surprised if I were to tell you that I've been playing as Vanessa?

I mean, I love A.J.  She's super sexy and she fixes stuff, but she has too much junk in her truck!  I just like being able to run.

For me, I am a fairly decent Jason so if counselors are able to get away then good on them. I average about 6 or 7 every time I'm Jason, the only thing that irks me is the people that don't have the balls to die so they rage quit like little crybabies and quit the match before I get my XP/body count. 

2 people like this

50 minutes ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

Playing as Jason is no longer fun for me.  I can't remember the last time I killed all of the counselor's.  It's probably been a month.  Now, I'm lucky to get half of the counselor's.

Most games I kill about 3 out of 7 or 8.  I'm okay with 1 maybe 2 escaping, but when I kill less than half the counselor's, that's just not acceptable in my eyes.

It's becoming more and more frustrating every time.  I feel this immense amount of pressure to perform as a "good" Jason and it's just too much.

For the first time since I started playing this game, I'm setting my spawn preference to counselor.  My last 2 games, I was a counselor and I escaped both times.  Had much more fun both times than I've had as Jason in weeks.

Its because the devs keep listening and trying to please these crybaby counselors instead of just letting Jason be Jason, I personally think the game was amazing just before the August 28th patch that removed team killing, and I know thats not a popular idea here in this forum, but its majority opinion of people who play the game on PS4 but dont follow the devs om theor twitter and facebook. There are other opinions out there in those 1.8million sales besides the couple thousand on this forum

1 person likes this

I don't think that's true. Some think Jason has been nerfed but I can't count how many lobbies I've been in and gotten everyone or at least 5 or more. I still have fun playing as Jason...if a group is smart enough to escape, I'm happy. If not, I'm taking everyone down. And I'm not someone claiming to be the best Jason player ever but I just don't get why some have been some soured since the patch. Even the night of I managed a 7/8 and I was highly shocked...then the night morning I got a 3/8.

Like I've said before, no matter how good you are, if a group is coordinated and work together, it's no guarantee you're going to get everyone every single time. I've had times where I've cleared out everyone back to back and other times where I managed 3/4 kills out of two or three Jason matches. Imo, it's part of the game...sometimes you get 'em all, other times more than you'd like escape. But for me, it doesn't take away from the fun of it all.

Just my $0.02, though.

1 person likes this

Doors that doesn't break. People glitching avoiding traps. People hiding in spots Jason can't reach.

These things makes it hard (sometime impossible) to play Jason and killing everybody.

I'm had it to. Playing councelor is now much more fun. And I escape 75% of the times.

3 people like this

2 minutes ago, Fooobar said:

Doors that doesn't break. People glitching avoiding traps. People hiding in spots Jason can't reach.

These things makes it hard (sometime impossible) to play Jason and killing everybody.

I'm had it to. Playing councelor is now much more fun. And I escape 75% of the times.

I have no trouble breaking doors and people have always done that, it just means you should more expertly place your traps so there's absolutely no way for them to get around them. And considering there have been fixes, I haven't encountered a lot of people hiding in places I can't reach. Most of the times they try, they end up raging when I grab them and get that kill in.

And if you are encountering problems, best thing to do is to screenshot/record it and send it to JasonKillsBugs.com. That's the point of the site, to get rid of problematic glitches and bugs so the gaming experience is smoother.

my stalk+shift+window slash is broken.... that and when i use that technique and it "misses" i need to wait for the  counselor to get off his/her ass befor i could break the window... :(

32 minutes ago, Nickypoolicious said:

For me, I am a fairly decent Jason so if counselors are able to get away then good on them. I average about 6 or 7 every time I'm Jason, the only thing that irks me is the people that don't have the balls to die so they rage quit like little crybabies and quit the match before I get my XP/body count. 

I do hate the rage quitters, even if I die early on I stay to the end, gives me XP and time to make a brew or take down some Doritos!

Having played on both PS4 and PC this happens way more on PC, every time I've played as Jason on PC at least 2 people have quit out before I can kill them each time, I only seem to have had one on PS4 and usually around 6 players stay in the lobby for the next match.

6 minutes ago, OohNavySeals said:

I do hate the rage quitters, even if I die early on I stay to the end, gives me XP and time to make a brew or take down some Doritos!

Having played on both PS4 and PC this happens way more on PC, every time I've played as Jason on PC at least 2 people have quit out before I can kill them each time, I only seem to have had one on PS4 and usually around 6 players stay in the lobby for the next match.

I've had half a match rage quit, on PS4, during the middle of the kill animation when I played as Jason. I don't think they liked that Part 7 Jason was actually killing them.

In the films though, Jason doesn't kill everyone. So if a female counselor is the sole survivor and manages to outsmart me and escape, then I mark them down in my little black book.... I mean, I count that as a good match. I don't have a black book, SHUT UP!

3 people like this

1 minute ago, OohNavySeals said:

I'll always agree the rampant ragequitting needs to be dealt with, but even that hasn't made me want to not play Jason ever. Because, honestly, more often than not, I'm lucky enough to get a group that plays properly so if I kill everyone, no ragequits. But still, like I said, there needs to be a new system implemented to deal with it so if you grab someone and they quit it automatically counts as a kill.

I've had people quit when I grab them even though they had a pocket knife. They're so used to quitting on reflex the second they get grabbed that they will forget they have a knife.

It does indeed feel like there's some added pressure on Jason players. I feel like because I use Savini Jason every game and he's really rare on Steam, I have to be good with him. I've never been defeated as Jason and most of the time, I get the full wipe (except for the idiots who quit whilst I'm killing them). I've kind of set my own personal standard of 'every game, everyone has to die'.

On a side note, I actually had the displeasure of encountering a notorious forum member in a lobby last night. I had to quit 5 minutes into the game as I was going out and my friend arrived sooner than I expected, but as usual I saw he's still cheating. This time using some kind of weapon swing glitch to get about 5-6 ft ahead of where he was last standing every time he swings, at the expense of barely any stamina.

1 person likes this

Yeah, he even made a thread on the Steam forum showing people how to do that exploit. Even posted the timing to help them make a macro for it.

10 minutes ago, Emperiex said:

I have no trouble breaking doors and people have always done that, it just means you should more expertly place your traps so there's absolutely no way for them to get around them. And considering there have been fixes, I haven't encountered a lot of people hiding in places I can't reach. Most of the times they try, they end up raging when I grab them and get that kill in.

And if you are encountering problems, best thing to do is to screenshot/record it and send it to JasonKillsBugs.com. That's the point of the site, to get rid of problematic glitches and bugs so the gaming experience is smoother.

The door bugs is verified. It take like double the time to break a door now compared to for one month ago.

The traps are evaded using glitches so placing the traps nicely doesn't help.

I have reported all these bugs but you never get any answer back so I'm getting tired of reporting bugs. I know they have much to do but at least answering a report is common sense...

Reporting cheaters seems like a total waste of time too.

14 minutes ago, Fooobar said:

See that's the thing.  You said you escape 75% of the time.  You shouldn't be doing that though.  I don't think anyone should escape 75% of the time.  There's something wrong with that figure.

I know it's an estimate and all of our findings are anecdotal in nature, but the devs should know. They should be tracking data on escape averages per game and then fine tune off of that.  If they aren't, then they should!

I say a good average is somewhere in the ballpark of 70% - 80% of counselor's should be killed and that's across all games. Anything outside of that average and I say the game needs tweaking.

4 people like this

Just now, I ❤️ A.J. said:

See that's the thing.  You said you escape 75% of the time.  You shouldn't be doing that though.  I don't think anyone should escape 75% of the time.  There's something wrong with that figure.

I know it's an estimate and all of our findings are anecdotal in nature, but the devs should know. They should be tracking data on escape averages per game and then fine tune off of that.  If they aren't, then they should!

I say a good average is somewhere in the ballpark of 70% - 80% of counselor's should be killed and that's across all games. Anything outside of that average and I say the game needs tweaking.

So many variables can go into why a counselor is escaping very often in matches. Jason is not very skilled, or is AFK, or counselors are just that good getting stuff together and out of there, glitch exploiting, et cetera, et cetera you know those so I won't bore you with those details. But, lately I've been getting pretty good as Eric LaChappa or Jenny Myers, so I've managed to escape Jason and get to the police or car pretty often now. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I still die quite often too. I'm sure the devs are tracking that data the same way they are tracking the volume of people quitting too early in matches because they're rage quitting to troll Jason out of his XP.

I think my biggest nightmare when playing as Jason has to be this one Vanessa player, I got lucky and took everyone else fairly quickly but spent 12 minutes chasing this one and failed. I think she must have gathered every object from every cabin and stored it in the path she was planning to go. 4 Pen Knives, 2 fire crackers, 2 first aid sprays and 2 flare guns later and she got away. 

Part of me was raging, the other part applauded the effort it must have took to set that lot up!