Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Theiceman105

Should Tommy start with a pocket knife?

41 posts in this topic

I get he has 10 in all stats, but usually when Tommy is called all of the houses are clean, and nobody will give up a pocket knife 90% of the time. It will help you be able to do your job which is helping people escape.

Most Tommy Jarvis players I see are dead within a minute or less, all im going to say

I think if Tommy spawned with a knife everytime, Jason would never grab kill him.  He would always chop him to death knowing he had a knife.

3 people like this

He should start with the trinity, knife, crackers, first aid spray I mean he is warned on the radio

2 people like this

I'd like a very rare spawn to be Tommy not casually walking to the camp after hearing the emergency call, but showing up in a 2-seater that cannot leave the map unless he picks up a counselor.  

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Dandan10 said:

He should start with the trinity, knife, crackers, first aid spray I mean he is warned on the radio

Starting with all 3 could make him too OP, as you can use the firecrackers as a makeshift pocket knife 

No, if anything he should start with medspray. You can dodge a shift grab, especially with his stats, but a knife or two and you're dead without meds.

2 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

No, if anything he should start with medspray. You can dodge a shift grab, especially with his stats, but a knife or two and you're dead without meds.

Thick skin

I don't think thick skin applies to Tommy, he's certainly always seemed more vulnerable than the character I die before playing as him.

Any perk you take as a councilor carries over to Tommy, stat wise not item wise

He is the ying to Jason's yang.  You'd think he would come in a little more prepared than he does with his single shot gun and walkie.  It would be cool if he spawned with a knife but probably OP.  

There should be a 33% chance of a pocket knife, a 33% chance of healing spray and a 34% chance of fire crackers.

4 people like this

With the growing number of tommy spawn campers, i gotta say i agree, if anything just make it so he "loses it" within the first minute or less of his life. 

I think having his loadout be a bit more random but always including the shotty would be a great idea.

4 hours ago, Dandan10 said:

I agree, he should start with something. Maybe not a knife, because a well placed shot with the rifle will buy him time to run away and make it harder for Jason to find him again However, maybe some firecrackers, or maybe they can bring in new items that only Tommy can start with? I don't know what those would be, exactly. Cause he already jumps right in with a rifle and radio, so just some items in his inventory like a first aid spray and some other things would be nice. If everyone knows he has a knife at the start, a seasoned Jason isn't going to grab him, he'll just slash him to death.

firecrackers and med spray would be fine.

Pocket knife is not. I do think that some places should get refreshed once tommy spawns though. I feel it's important to highlight that i'm not saying ALL spots, but some within a certain radius (if possible)

5 hours ago, Deeify said:

I think if Tommy spawned with a knife everytime, Jason would never grab kill him.  He would always chop him to death knowing he had a knife.

I would.

Yea I agree, maybe ... 

I think most Tommy's would try to help others if they knew they had a "second chance"

Unless they was going against a slasher Jason.

With that said, as a ex-Jason player, if I knew that was a thing (Tommy starting with a Knife) I would always slash Tommy's, so in that since it wouldn't make a difference because every Jason Tommy went up against would automatically slash to kill him.

6 hours ago, TheButtonMasher said:

There should be a 33% chance of a pocket knife, a 33% chance of healing spray and a 34% chance of fire crackers.

this. spawning with a pocket knife every time would be worthless because no jason in their right mind would try a grab with him anyway. if it were random, the pocket knife could actually still be useful. 

Slashing is easier to avoid. If he grabs Tommy, there's no pocket knife anymore and the stun doesn't last that long.

This will make Tommy more objective based. And people below level 20 or 30 shouldn't be allowed to be Tommy, as they'd try to kill him with a fire poker.

Would be interesting to play test for balance. But I don't see why not. It would help a lot, especially considering the state of the round when Tommy usually arrives. I don't think it would be OP either.

8 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Would be interesting to play test for balance. But I don't see why not. It would help a lot, especially considering the state of the round when Tommy usually arrives. I don't think it would be OP either.

Well said

8 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

HE STARTS WITH A SHOTGUN, PEOPLE!

tumblr_mv37b2ua4U1s2wsvgo1_500.giftumblr_ofki2dIczD1u3ev8zo1_540.giftumblr_md2tcbZg5j1rne776o3_500.gifgiphy-1-1.gif

Needs a chainsaw too. ;)

No. Maybe a random item (which would include a possible pocket knife) in slot 1. 

19 hours ago, NScarlato said:

I'd like a very rare spawn to be Tommy not casually walking to the camp after hearing the emergency call, but showing up in a 2-seater that cannot leave the map unless he picks up a counselor.  

In a Mr Bean mini cooper with a recliner chair straped to the roof, and every time Jason is stunned around it there is a laugh track. Tommy should also spawn with a Thanksgiving turkey on his head he can use to stun Jason with.

Edited by Zarakye94