Sign in to follow this  
Dkop27

I'm a little scared for this game.

I recently made the mistake of looking at the steam player count, and I'm genuinely concerned that we're gonna lose this game. Today we were at 1000 players. To put this in perspective, Lawbreakers has 250. We have four times as many players as LAWBREAKERS! I don't want this game to die. It's too much fun.

6 minutes ago, Dkop27 said:

I recently made the mistake of looking at the steam player count, and I'm genuinely concerned that we're gonna lose this game. Today we were at 1000 players. To put this in perspective, Lawbreakers has 250. We have four times as many players as LAWBREAKERS! I don't want this game to die. It's too much fun.

This game hasn't even come out yet ;)

• Like 1

Just now, Dkop27 said:

What?

It's only been released digitally so far! I bet or Guarantee when the physical release hits Walmart target GameStop about 80% of the population will be dumb founded "holy crap a jason game?" Or an older dad or mom browsing Walmart "there's a friday the 13th movie game?" Or "hey mom hey mom can You buy me the new jason game?" 

$$$ 

• Like 7

At first I'd wonder which gamers haven't at least heard of this game yet, but then the example were people at Walmart.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

It's only been released digitally so far! I bet or Guarantee when the physical release hits Walmart target GameStop about 80% of the population will be dumb founded "holy crap a jason game?" Or an older dad or mom browsing Walmart "there's a friday the 13th movie game?" Or "hey mom hey mom can You buy me the new jason game?" 

$$$ 

That won't matter much for the PC version. PC sales are mostly digital and I doubt you'll find any physical copies of the PC version in stores.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dkop27 said:

There are 781 on at the moment according to Steam Charts. This game is currently dead on PC.

1 hour ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

$$$ 

I'd take that bet. :)

46 minutes ago, Dandan10 said:

Also a lot more console players are still playing this a lot

Without any data to back up your statement I'm going to say thinking consoles are doing way better is purely wishful thinking.

• Like 2

It's possible after the hot"fix" broke the game worse than it was prior to the patch before it (meaning before the team killing patch at all) that people gave up and are waiting for it to be acceptably playable again. 

Edited by VenomSymbiote
  • Like 6

Well PC gamers are pretty fickle anyways, they flock to new games and leave them in months. They can never be expected to play anything that isn't hugely competitive, constantly changing, or being opened for mods for any real length of time. 

The only PC games that will truly withhold a playerbase will be games like Counter Strike, Overwatch, PUBG, fuckin Rocket League, shit like that. Were you can flaunt how "good" you are to others in head to head "combat".

The vast majority do not play games for fun, they play to prove something and to win. Casual games have almost no place for PC players. 

RPGs are were they get their casual fixes. Other then that, 5 months is about the usual lifeline of non competitive games.

TLDR: this is all my own opinion based on my experiences and perception. Im no expert.

• Like 3

After the latest update I cannot play the game at all. I cannot even start it up and by looking at Steam forums I can see I am not the only one.

I think the game will have its own little cult following, much like the NES game. I think singleplayer will intrigue a lot of people and bring them back depending on how well its done.

I think multiplayer is a concern no doubt. Too much inconsistency, too much pandering to the casual crowd. I think with the casuals leaving in droves and likely to stay away as the months move on. The devs should consider swinging the pendulum back towards Jason a bit more. More importantly immersion and organic gameplay.

That said, I don't think this game will have a consistent 20k playerbase say like Left 4 Dead 2 ten years after. I don't think there is any shot of that.

Again everyone thinks digital is popular, it is maybe on PC but when it comes out physically on shelf it with be an awakening to the clueless public eye ;)

@NScarlato 99.9% of people shop at Target / Walmart ... last night alone via digital I had 3 new players say they just found out about the game!!!!

3 hours ago, VenomSymbiote said:

It's possible after the hot"fix" broke the game worse than it was prior to the patch before it (meaning before the team killing patch at all) that people gave up and are waiting for it to be acceptably playable again. 

Truth, I have noticed a lot of my friends and community members stop playing on the PS4 since that patch. I would like to see how @NthnButAGoodTime community is doing as well to confirm my findings. Both of us have large PS4 F13 communities.

Let's see:

1.) Game has no depth and was made mainly for casuals to play occasionally on weekend nights.

2.) Game is super repetitive and gets boring and stale faster than your average video game today.

3.) Jason isn't that good in his own game and goes toe to toe with the counselor's instead of completely crapping on them and it being an extreme challenge to "escape"

4.) There's no rank modes, different game modes to choose from, or lobby customization options to change the gameplay to suit your needs

And you really wonder why the game is "dying"? LOL

• Like 3

6 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

$$$ 

And i will be waiting for them. Pick axe in hand and potato sack over my head ;)

• Like 1

I haven't been playing- it's been maybe a week? I don't know. Too much time and effort to get in a round without an issue. This game is broken and everytime they try to fix it they break it in new ways. It's not even little stuff, it's game-altering stuff.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Let's see:

1.) Game has no depth and was made mainly for casuals to play occasionally on weekend nights.

2.) Game is super repetitive and gets boring and stale faster than your average video game today.

3.) Jason isn't that good in his own game and goes toe to toe with the counselor's instead of completely crapping on them and it being an extreme challenge to "escape"

4.) There's no rank modes, different game modes to choose from, or lobby customization options to change the gameplay to suit your needs

And you really wonder why the game is "dying"? LOL

1. Yes. Fun game to mess around with friends and laugh at bugs every match. I have heard more girls on mics than any other game I have played in the last 13 years. :lol:

2. Call Of Duty. Need I say more. Same thing since 2003. Has many game modes. Most players only play one mode. Team Deathmatch. Market is flooded with FPS games.

3. New patch sucks the fun out of being Jason while adding new bugs to the game. Was fun to be Jason before the patch. So many game breaking issues right now in every match.

4. Never was developed to be competitive. There will never be a ranked mode. The game is not balanced for MLG, eSports or professional tournaments.

New modes would be great. Single player will be added soon™ in 2018. Maybe add in a mode that has 2 Jason's competing for the most kills while counselors escape?

tommy-jarvis-friday-the-13th-meme-740x40friday-the-13th-blade-meme-522x410.jpg.o

• Like 4

Yeah im not sure where this super competitive narrative keeps coming from and those that find the need to discredit it or even argue about it.

In particular around here. Other than @Rydog who seems to have taken a break or disappeared or gave up the dream. I don't see many arguments being made about this being Street Fighter 2, League of Legends or whatever other title you want to name. It almost feels like a phantom argument to be used as another means to crap on the game and the devs, like the legit reasons aren't plenty enough to use to crap on the game and the devs.

• Like 1

The game is in a lull at the moment , but the fact is they sold 1.8 million copies, so they will eventually come back. Maybe people got bored, or tired of the glitches. Single player and J4 DLC will bring a lot of people back. Let's just hope it's not a buggy mess like the last patch.

I also believe Steam sales make up a small portion. This game released on 3 platforms, and is usually in the top 10 of streamed PS4 games. Even after the release of destiny 2

Just last month f13 was the 7th most downloaded game on PS4, so it's still selling. 

• Like 1

It's a normal thing. I play on PC and I'm waiting for the new content like most of the people. I didn't opened the game this week yet, but it doesn't mean I will not play the game anymore. Sometimes a break is good, you know? But I always have a great time with Friday the 13th. If the game depended on me, it would last for many years (hopefully)

The biggest base of players are on console and with all the new dlc coming plus new Maps/Jason and features, and physical release around the corner, there's going to be a big spike in players across PlayStation, XBOX, and Steam.

12 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

$$$ 

I never thought about this, but it's true.  Not a lot of people even know about this game.  If you didn't follow this game during development or you didn't hear about it from a friend, you didn't know about it.  Casual gamers don't go to the marketplace online and look at digital downloads.  They buy physical copies.  Not only that, but a visible copy of the game in a store stands out more than being online.

• Like 1