Sign in to follow this  
ZooMalfunction

For everyone wondering when the updates are coming

Surely we all know the pattern by now?

We'll get an update on the 28th that breaks more than it fixes, and the main content (Part 4) will be delayed to promote the physical copy.

The Part 4 content will again break more than it fixes, and the entirely expected but unprepared for huge influx of people will break the servers, and the game will be literally and figuratively unplayable for weeks.

This cycle will repeat until the game simply dies from broken/late update fatigue.

• Like 5

I think the mass player drop-off during the two months with zero updates and lack of communication scared the developers so they announced every single thing they were working or even talking about all at once. Even though all the stuff was months away.

Preach. The game is unplayable in its current state. I played all night on the 29th after the patch was released and haven't touched it since due to the shameful amount of issues. 

If they screw the pooch again on the next patch I sincerely hope they do a full rollback, fire their crappy QA team and replace them with semi-competent employees before they try to release another update.

• Like 2

Just now, Psychosocial23 said:

Preach. The game is unplayable in its current state. I played all night on the 29th after the patch was released and haven't touched it since due to the shameful amount of issues. 

If they screw the pooch again on the next patch I sincerely hope they do a full rollback, fire their crappy QA team and replace them with semi-competent employees before they try to release another update.

Unplayable? Are you on Xbox?

but small team™ and soon™

Seriously though, it seems like every day more and more people are realizing that the game probably wont ever live up to what was promised. 

How many things have they teased so far? single player, new clothing system, spring break dlc, new jason, fix for old jasons, make retro jason better, new kills, new maps, new counslers?, bumper stickers (lolwut), dedicated servers (by the way before launch didnt they say there were coming to all systems, but only a month ago they decided that consoles actually need them, again lolwut). All without any hints of a date.

how about that hotfix for xbox one?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Psychosocial23 said:

I played this game almost every evening with friends since launch.

Despite our excitement at the new maps, the new bugs and insane change to window mechanics the update brought killed our enthusiasm, and we haven't played since.

We're all waiting for the next content drop, but if it screws the game again, I worry we're likely done.

We suffered through months of lobbies not starting, glitches, and toxic players, and eventually, fatigue at being an unpaid beta tester sits in. At some point you just want to be able to play a game that works.

When the new glitches wreck the things you enjoy, it's hard to want to continue.

for every1 liking horror games, end of next month 27-30th last year's open beta starts so just try that game out. If you're too sad about f13 and can't handle it anymore. *edited date

I have a lot of heart for this game, but the bugs and glitches and just overall problems are really starting to wear me out.

All the stuff they're teasing has me excited, but in the back of my mind there's this nagging feeling that once we finally do get one thing, a ton of new issues will present themselves. Like, new map = new exploits, glitches and bugs. And then we'll go through the same cycle again.

I think @2moar really summed up the current sentiment when he said "it seems like every day more and more people are realizing that the game probably wont ever live up to what was promised," and that makes me sad.

• Like 1

I genuinely love the game, but I simply can't beta test anymore.

I want a game that works and doesn't break in future, and that involves not breaking things that didn't need fixing, like the stupid changes to windows and even the new rounded fonts.

I'm happy to wait a few weeks longer for updates if it means having them actually work. Again, I feel like I've beta tested the game. I don't want to beta test DLC.

If you give me broken content, I'll simply not play until it's fixed, so you may as well not release it until it's ready. I still have to wait the same time, but at least I get to play the game in the interim.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

I think the mass player drop-off during the two months with zero updates and lack of communication scared the developers so they announced every single thing they were working or even talking about all at once. Even though all the stuff was months away.

Ding ding ding

52 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Surely we all know the pattern by now?

We'll get an update on the 28th that breaks more than it fixes, and the main content (Part 4) will be delayed to promote the physical copy.

The Part 4 content will again break more than it fixes, and the entirely expected but unprepared for huge influx of people will break the servers, and the game will be literally and figuratively unplayable for weeks.

This cycle will repeat until the game simply dies from broken/late update fatigue.

Don't forget a hotfix that's announced the next day and then released on PS4 and PC the day after the announcement. 

29 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

I genuinely love the game, but I simply can't beta test anymore.

I want a game that works and doesn't break in future, and that involves not breaking things that didn't need fixing, like the stupid changes to windows and even the new rounded fonts.

Yes, I love the game too. Every match I play has game breaking bugs that ruin the match or any chance of escape. It feels like a fun beta game.

It's the social part of it with everyone using mics that makes it fun.

You drink, play with your friends, and endure all the bugs as you laugh your ass off.

I have enough clips to create a new video. The next update has to be huge or players won't stick around.

Not much to do at level 101 to be honest. I play as Tiffany.

I am on the hunt for Pamela tapes to keep myself entertained. Epic Restful, Epic Preparedness and Epic Lightfoot.

Recover stamina faster. Start with a map. Avoid pings for Jason while running. Try to loot everything as fast as possible.

I try to help players escape when I find parts. I'll take them to where they need to go.

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

All I know is my countdown got shut down again so: expect delays.

The fact that it was referred to as spam was the ridiculous part. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thatdudescott said:

The fact that it was referred to as spam was the ridiculous part. 

Also got accused of trying to inflate my post count... :lol:

• Like 1