Deeify

Jason's Head

I know that's a weird subject title but, ever since I first watched through the entire F13th series, I noticed in the first 4 movies, Jason's Head shape was deformed and lopsided as it should be to keep with continuity.

Then, from Part VI through Part VIII, his head is a normal round shape.  Still decayed and rough looking but totally round.  They didn't seem to go back to the deformed shape until FvJ(JGTH is a whole different story).

Anyone else find this weird or should I just shut up and enjoy the flick?  (I'm thinking the latter).

3 minutes ago, Deeify said:

I know that's a weird subject title but, every since I first watched through the entire F13th series, I noticed in the first 4 movies, Jason's Head shape was deformed and lopsided as it should be to keep with continuity.

Then, from Part VI through Part VIII, his head is a normal round shape.  Still decayed and rough looking but totally round.  They didn't seem to go back to the deformed shape until FvJ(JGTH is a whole different story).

Anyone else find this weird or should I just shut up and enjoy the flick?  (I'm thinking the latter).

If Jason was suffering from hydrocephalus, then it stands to reason that when his skull was pierced at the end of The Final Chapter, the excess fluid was drained, thereby relieving the pressure that would have caused much of the deformity.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

If Jason was suffering from hydrocephalus, then it stands to reason that when his skull was pierced at the end of The Final Chapter, the excess fluid was drained, thereby relieving the pressure that would have caused much of the deformity.

I also second this as well.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

That's pretty good.  I guess the problem came back in FvJ?  Maybe that was Freddy's special way of messing with him.

4 hours ago, Deeify said:

That's pretty good.  I guess the problem came back in FvJ?  Maybe that was Freddy's special way of messing with him.

The water fear was straight plot.....back in when Jason returned because of Tommy Jarvis it was Jason who literally walked in the water no fears included to get him.....

21 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

5 hours ago, Deeify said:

49 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

The water fear was straight plot.....back in when Jason returned because of Tommy Jarvis it was Jason who literally walked in the water no fears included to get him.....

So I should have clarified. Hydrocephalus is a condition where fluid builds up in the brain, building pressure and causing enlargements and deformities to the head. I've chosen not to post photos for reasons of taste, but I'm sure you guys know how Google works if you need a visual reference. Crudely speaking, if Jason had the condition, and the machete to the head opened to the pocket of fluid, that pressure would be relieved and his head could have conceivably returned to a more normal shape.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

So I should have clarified. Hydrocephalus is a condition where fluid builds up in the brain, building pressure and causing enlargements and deformities to the head. I've chosen not to post photos for reasons of taste, but I'm sure you guys know how Google works if you need a visual reference. Crudely speaking, if Jason had the condition, and the machete to the head opened to the pocket of fluid, that pressure would be relieved and his head could have conceivably returned to a more normal shape.

My mother is a nurse and I know what you mean lol....but if you notice Tommy headshot to jason blood was flowing straight out.

Just now, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

My mother is a nurse and I know what you mean lol....but if you notice Tommy headshot to jason blood was flowing straight out.

My bad. I thought with the shift to 'fear of water', that the word has caused confusion. Carry on.