Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gertz

Matchmaking Diagnosis Steps

1 post in this topic

Hey everyone

I know a lot of people are having issues with Matchmaking right now and all you have heard from us is its a first party issue and we are working with them. I have reached out to a few people and asked for details but I figured posting a FAQ for what the messages are and the results would allow you guys to help us diagnose the issue.

Break down
  • Matchmaking flow
    • We first hit out database to verify an internet connection. If it fails here we will prompt the player with the following message, "Session heartbeat failure! Verify internet connectivity." Then we send you back to the Press X to Start screen
    • If everything is good here we then start searching for a lobby. We contact the first parties (Sony, MS) for available servers that have players. It will continue to do this for approximately 90 seconds after which point it will attempt to create a new lobby if it doesn't find one for you to join.
    • To create a lobby we need to request it from the First Parties. If it fails here you will get the following message; "Failed to host game session! Verify you have an internet connection." This means that the request to create a new lobby with the First Party has failed.
  • Party Creation flow
    • When creating a party the steps are similar to above; if hitting our database fails we will send you back to the Press X to Start screen. If creating the party fails afterwards you will get an error message, this time its "Failed to create party session! Verify internet connectivity."

Quick verification steps

If you are encountering an issue and want to quickly check what may be going on

• Reset you console and reboot the game
  • Invite a friend to a party while in game
    • If it fails by prompting you with this message, "Session heartbeat failure! Verify internet connectivity." Then sends you back to "Press X to Start" let us know whats going on
    • If it fails by giving you the error message "Failed to create party session! Verify internet connectivity.", its likely first party services are having issues.
5 people like this