Crawly Creature

Being able to hold a shotgun and gas/Battery at the same time

Its just a pain to find a shotgun, then you find a battery and having to let go of the shotgun So you can try and repair the car for the XP. But what my logic is that We really should be able to hold a shotgun and gas/battery at the same time. It may be likely for someone to have posted a topic similar to this, The fact that this is a small Issue leaves me to believe that Some players want this to be added.

Example: Your installing a battery then jason Shows up.

• Like 3

I agree! I always thought it was dumb that the shotgun is strapped to your back and somehow you can't use your hands to carry something else. It just doesn't make any sense...

No because it'll just make repairing the car that much easier and be fearless of Jason coming.

This is a game about making important decisions. Should I get the battery to help with my escape but leave myself vulnerable? Or should I keep the shotgun to protect myself and try to survive that way?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Archgamer said:

No because it'll just make repairing the car that much easier and be fearless of Jason coming.

This is a game about making important decisions. Should I get the battery to help with my escape but leave myself vulnerable? Or should I keep the shotgun to protect myself and try to survive that way?

Thats, just dumb. Even if the player dosen't have a shotgun and still is installing a battery, Jason shows up, While the people run off.

It is odd that the shotgun is on your back and you can't carry anything but then again it is odd that you can sprint full speed with a battery and a 5 gallon gas tank.
If you would like to add some realism they can let you carry both but then reduce your speed by 2/3 which would make you more vulnerable most likely. I'm thinking the way it is done is fine.

Balancing concerns would prevent this from occurring. We want counselors holding on to only a very limited amount of items at a given time. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UprightChair said:

@GunMedia_Ben has it ever been considered limiting inventory items to one of any item at any time?  That way people would not be able to hoard any item keys, pocket knives, etc

That would also mean if you find both sets of keys you couldn't drop one off at one car and head to the other. If you don't have a walkie or anyone nearby then there's no way to communicate where the other set was found. I get that you don't want people hoarding, but that makes it more difficult for the people that actually play as a team.

17 hours ago, Crawly Creature said:

Thats, just dumb. Even if the player dosen't have a shotgun and still is installing a battery, Jason shows up, While the people run off.

I do agree with you that people still run but I think at the heart of what the person is trying to get across, is that the game is about making important decisions. Though it may not be realistic to not be able to hold a gun and battery, I prefer it the way it is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Truth said:

That would also mean if you find both sets of keys you couldn't drop one off at one car and head to the other. If you don't have a walkie or anyone nearby then there's no way to communicate where the other set was found. I get that you don't want people hoarding, but that makes it more difficult for the people that actually play as a team.

More difficult but not impossible a player could run one set of keys then come back for the other.  It's also a little bit on the rarer side that both sets of keys spawn in the same house.  Would also say that if you've searched enough drawers to find two sets of keys you've probably found a radio or are close enough to someone to relay a message.  I only bring that up that way because if people are working well together it shouldn't be very detrimental to the cause. 

11 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

You could drop the shotgun at the car and then go get the battery/gas.

Then someone else takes your shotgun. ?

22 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

drop it somewhere close by in the bushes.

And then someone sees the "Pick Up" Icon.

Yeah! Let's keep making counselor's even better than they already are!

What a GREAT idea!

*sarcasm*

• Like 1

Short: No.

Longer: It's a feature that you must select - the gun and security vs the gas and helping out with the objective.

On 9/15/2017 at 5:00 PM, Mr. Blonde said:

Yeah! Let's keep making counselor's even better than they already are!

What a GREAT idea!

*sarcasm*

You have got to have the worst sarcasm humor....