Sign in to follow this  
SnakeSound222

Phone call shorter on small maps?

So I was playing as Jason on Packanack Small. An Adam had repaired the phone and had just started the call. I was within running distance of the box and right before I arrived, the call ended. All he said was something like "Is the police? Jason's killing us here, please come rescue us!". I had morphed in front of the box. I know the phone calls are not less than ten seconds. The My Dad's a Cop perk only increases the time it takes for the cops to arrive. So what happened? Glitch or intentional change?

I don't know about changes but I know that the better my ping is the faster those a prompts seem to spin.  So maybe if it was the host making the call and your ping was less than beautiful the sound you heard might have been laggy meaning by the time you heard it it had already happened a little while ago. 

On 9/13/2017 at 1:38 PM, UprightChair said:

I don't know about changes but I know that the better my ping is the faster those a prompts seem to spin.  So maybe if it was the host making the call and your ping was less than beautiful the sound you heard might have been laggy meaning by the time you heard it it had already happened a little while ago. 

It wasn't my ping. My ping is never a problem.

I think it's to do with luck because now I've noticed how quick the counselor can start the car now based on their luck stat. I'm not sure if it's the same when you call the cops.

9 minutes ago, BoxingRouge said:

I think it's to do with luck because now I've noticed how quick the counselor can start the car now based on their luck stat. I'm not sure if it's the same when you call the cops.

I really don't get why Luck affects the car and phone because it's really simple to just put the keys in and turn them or talk to police. 

47 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

I really don't get why Luck affects the car and phone because it's really simple to just put the keys in and turn them or talk to police. 

Right, me and the group I play with bought the discussion up yesterday, we were all confused.

• Like 1

Also related to police phone call, I am beyond ANNOYED, this has happened to me multiple times since f13's last shitty patch, where they are mid call and you break the phone box and there's no animation, it just stays fixed and lets the person keep calling. This game is so wack.

18 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Because in horror movies, even when cars SHOULD work, sometimes they have shitty "luck" and the car still doesn't start...Or you have that moment that they jump into a random car and manage to - luckily - start it.

It makes perfect sense to have luck increase those chances.

18 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

giphy.gifBPThBCQ.gif?noredirect381db243c8375e2e3dba6dae0e964c49.gif

• Like 2

On 9/16/2017 at 0:12 PM, SnakeSound222 said:

1966-MG-MGB-021.jpg

I guess you've never owned one of these? Bastards each have their own personality and boy do they love to not start when they are not in the mood. Gotta carry a couple of chickens with you to sacrifice on a cold day. Hang a rabbit's foot from the gear shift for good measure. Oh! And talk nicely to them...they are sensitive.

• Like 2

I haven't noticed this, but I also wouldn't mind if it took LONGER for the cops to arrive on smaller maps, say from 5 minutes to 8 minutes and the cop perk would decrease from the higher timer instead.

11 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

1966-MG-MGB-021.jpg

I guess you've never owned one of these? Bastards each have their own personality and boy do they love to not start when they are not in the mood. Gotta carry a couple of chickens with you to sacrifice on a cold day. Hang a rabbit's foot from the gear shift for good measure. Oh! And talk nicely to them...they are sensitive.

You have it easy, my car hates me 

article-2017721-0D1DEF0400000578-126_634

• Like 1