A few days ago, a friend and I we're discussing about future possibilities for the vehicles. At one point, we've noticed in our matches that alot of vehicles were leaving with just the driver. Thus, the idea came up about giving bonus points for each passenger that drivers pick up and escape with. So, I'm tossing this idea out and see what kind of traction it gets. Feel free to post below your thoughts and I'll be looking forward to seeing what pops up ?

• Like 2

I love the bonus points idea, but one issue I see arising is that when Jason stops the car everyone piles out, some melee ensues and often times someone else jumps in the driver's seat.  Who gets the bonus points then?  Still the original driver?  Or the one who eventually escapes with the passengers?  Perhaps the person who originally starts the car deserves the bonus points even if someone else eventually drives it off the map? On the other hand (and I use myself as an example)  I am trash at driving and so I encourage someone else to drive most of the time when/if Jason stops the car while I'm driving. PerhapsI should forfeit my bonus XP for passing the buck?  Great idea either way Ghost Rider.  It would be interesting to see and it might cut down on people leaving with the 4 seater otherwise empty (and the other set of keys in their pocket).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 8bitbobby said:

I love the bonus points idea, but one issue I see arising is that when Jason stops the car everyone piles out, some melee ensues and often times someone else jumps in the driver's seat.  Who gets the bonus points then?  Still the original driver?  Or the one who eventually escapes with the passengers?  Perhaps the person who originally starts the car deserves the bonus points even if someone else eventually drives it off the map? On the other hand (and I use myself as an example)  I am trash at driving and so I encourage someone else to drive most of the time when/if Jason stops the car while I'm driving. PerhapsI should forfeit my bonus XP for passing the buck?  Great idea either way Ghost Rider.  It would be interesting to see and it might cut down on people leaving with the 4 seater otherwise empty (and the other set of keys in their pocket).

These are valid concerns. My opinion would be to award points to the driver who actually makes the escape, just to alleviate any confusion. I think it could also encourage more players to attempt the driving aspect( I'm not that great at driving myself), and thus potentially improve their skills.

Good idea, but what about everyone in the vehicle getting the bonus instead of just the driver?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

Good idea, but what about everyone in the vehicle getting the bonus instead of just the driver?

Could potentially offer a smaller bonus as a passenger, but primarily would like to see greater reward going to the driver, as they are the one in control of the vehicle, keeping the responsibility and incentive mainly on the driver.

Personally, I do not care much about xp and neither do most other people who have already unlocked a bunch of epic perks, all the kills and have gotten to 101 or high enough to where they don't really care about xp.
Until they have some potential use for xp so that people will want/need more I don't see this stopping people from just leaving by themselves. 

I am not saying that this is not a good idea, it actually is a very good idea. They just need to make xp a more valuable thing people will want.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

Personally, I do not care much about xp and neither do most other people who have already unlocked a bunch of epic perks, all the kills and have gotten to 101 or high enough to where they don't really care about xp.

Maybe a cp bonus would be better then. Even if you have great perks already, there's always a chance you'll get better ones.

• Like 1

Just now, Truth said:

Maybe a cp bonus would be better then. Even if you have great perks already, there's always a chance you'll get better ones.

I agree, but some people already have the best epic versions of perks or so close that 1% more effectiveness doesn't really matter when it's already super high. 
Like I said, they just need another way that cp is used and it'd be great. Like instead of just unlocking outfits, you had to buy with cp or have each Jason have a standard weapon but the ability to buy new ones with cp or upgrade his weapon with cp. Maybe even have a perk roll on Jason which would randomly do different strengths and weakness like a perk roll. Perhaps use cp to buy Jason skins. 
...These are all spitball ideas and I know they're flawed, just trying to make the point that as of now once you hit a certain level and get certain perks cp is worthless.
(For instance I got lucky on perk rolls at a low level and have Epics that give +45-50% and - 0-4%)

2 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

Until they have some potential use for xp so that people will want/need more I don't see this stopping people from just leaving by themselves. 

I am not saying that this is not a good idea, it actually is a very good idea. They just need to make xp a more valuable thing people will want.

I agree that XP is not the be-all/end-all, but there's alot of people that do care about it, for better or worse. I also agree that it may not stop those you mentioned, but it may incentivize others to take a risk or two outside of their normal gameplay. Who knows, situations could transpire which could lead to some very amusing gameplay ?

11 minutes ago, Truth said:

This could be put on the table as a viable option as well.

On 2017-09-13 at 8:45 PM, Truth said:

Even better.

• Like 1