Dante_725

What annoys you in this game?

38 posts in this topic

When it comes to this game, there are alot of things to get annoyed about. I just want to know what makes you guys annoyed and see if most of us get annoyed at the same things. 

• Insta-kills - Whether it's a basic choke or head punch, this happens all the time and basically makes the strength characters useless
  • People that get Tommy and don't know what to do - Tommy is a protector for the remaining counselors or used to kill Jason. Almost every Tommy I see tries to escape by themselves or doesn't know how to kill Jason even when everything is set-up (which happens quite often as well)
  • People that don't communicate - This happens all the time and can really change the outcome of the game in some situations. I have to message people to come to game chat so we can communicate and 90% of the time when they do, we escape.
  • People that help Jason - Self explanatory
  • Characters with low repair even though there is a high repair character close by - Okay I can admit that I do this with Chad (I usually mess up once or not at all) but this is still a problem unless you know you can do it.
  • (Last one) People who have the *fuse*, a shotgun, med spray, pocketknives, etc. and escape with them

3 minutes ago, Dante_725 said:

When it comes to this game, there are alot of things to get annoyed about. I just want to know what makes you guys annoyed and see if most of us get annoyed at the same things. 

• Insta-kills - Whether it's a basic choke or head punch, this happens all the time and basically makes the strength characters useless
  • People that get Tommy and don't know what to do - Tommy is a protector for the remaining counselors or used to kill Jason. Almost every Tommy I see tries to escape by themselves or doesn't know how to kill Jason even when everything is set-up (which happens quite often as well)
  • People that don't communicate - This happens all the time and can really change the outcome of the game in some situations. I have to message people to come to game chat so we can communicate and 90% of the time when they do, we escape.
  • People that help Jason - Self explanatory
  • Characters with low repair even though there is a high repair character close by - Okay I can admit that I do this with Chad (I usually mess up once or not at all) but this is still a problem unless you know you can do it.
  • (Last one) People who have the *fuse*, a shotgun, med spray, pocketknives, etc. and escape with them

I agree with everything but the Insta-Kill thing. People seem to forget all the events that lead up to being grabbed. Strength characters are not useless if you play their role correctly. Usually you want to be with someone or have a pocket knife while fighting Jason. If one of my friends is with me, we can fight Jason and save each other out of grabs almost everytime. There is also bating Jason to grab or swing and the  knocking him out. An experienced counsler should give Jason alot of trouble before being grabbed and "insta killed."

By far the most annoying thing is players who do not communicate and players that do not want to work as a team. 

1) The servers. Connection timeouts, host quits etc....etc...

2) The one-hand choke insta-kill. It screams unskilled, lazy and boring.( I actually don't mind the other quick kills due to them being "colorful").

3) No boats(or other vehicles) to escape in outside of the cars on smaller maps(hopefully to be addressed down the road?).

4) Ragers who quit mid-kill( I've noticed,in my gameplay at least, this is mostly a problem stemming from children who probably shouldn't be playing this game anyway). 

5) Communication. I'm 50/50 on this. Most useful when I'm playing solo when I really need to relay info to strangers in quick matches. Not nearly as much when I'm grouped with a buddy or two(party chat ftw!). 

6) Last but not least : MORE SLOTS FOR INVENTORIED  PERKS!!!!!  I would absolutely love it if we can get one slot for each type of perk than can be obtained( i.e. 1 slot for Tinker. 1 slot for Marathon etc...etc. Have one slot available for newly rolled perks, which you could move to the appropriate slot as an upgrade or sell it back.)

I have noticed on xbox that sometimes the characters shoulders look huge and stretched in the game menu when either switching characters or clothing, If you see this then the same will happen in game when they crouch or get scared looking around. To fix it you have to quite the game entirely and restart it. I do not know what causes this but it annoys the hell out of me. Reminds me of female characters high heels stretching in grand theft auto 5.

1. Lack of Single Player- To be honest, I am not an online player too much. I play video games to relax and escape people, so for this game it kinda irritates me. Once single player bots drop, I am pretty much done with the online for a while.

2. Dumb teammates- no need to explain. 

3. AFK Tommy- They need to fix this badly. 

4. Matchmaking in general- can't wait for the dedicated servers 

5. Finally, I wish the game was a little more scary than it is.

I can handle new players / people who don't know what to do even if it can be a little annoying.  Aside from obvious trolls / glitchers, I just hate obnoxious people.

A few nights ago I had a Vanessa follow me around (already annoying as I'm AJ).  She gave me the fuse and as I was putting it in, turned on her flashlight on the fuse box which momentarily distracted me as it was also where my skill check box was and I messed up.  

"AJ - HOW THE FUCK DID YOU MESS THIS UP?  DONT YOU HAVE ONE SKILL CHECK FOR THIS?  GUYS, AJ MESSED UP THE FUSE.  CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?  I SHOULD HAVE DONE IT AS VANESSA."

This went on for 5 minutes.  Meanwhile Jason showed up at the phone and I hid and Vanessa sprinted away.  A couple minutes later the cops were called after I put the fuse in with no mistakes.

"AJ MUST HAVE DROPPED THE FUSE FOR SOMEONE COMPETANT TO PUT IT IN.  THAT AJ SUCKS.  WORST AJ I EVER SAW."

It didn't end.  This was an actual adult as well, and not a child.

1 person likes this

59 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

I can handle new players / people who don't know what to do even if it can be a little annoying.  Aside from obvious trolls / glitchers, I just hate obnoxious people.

A few nights ago I had a Vanessa follow me around (already annoying as I'm AJ).  She gave me the fuse and as I was putting it in, turned on her flashlight on the fuse box which momentarily distracted me as it was also where my skill check box was and I messed up.  

"AJ - HOW THE FUCK DID YOU MESS THIS UP?  DONT YOU HAVE ONE SKILL CHECK FOR THIS?  GUYS, AJ MESSED UP THE FUSE.  CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?  I SHOULD HAVE DONE IT AS VANESSA."

This went on for 5 minutes.  Meanwhile Jason showed up at the phone and I hid and Vanessa sprinted away.  A couple minutes later the cops were called after I put the fuse in with no mistakes.

"AJ MUST HAVE DROPPED THE FUSE FOR SOMEONE COMPETANT TO PUT IT IN.  THAT AJ SUCKS.  WORST AJ I EVER SAW."

It didn't end.  This was an actual adult as well, and not a child.

Wow what a jerk. AJ has three or four checks too. No one has one. Deborah has two and she has 10 Repair.

Not being able to remap keys for PC is my only complaint. I'm left handed and can't stand controllers. Would be playing constantly if i was able to.

1) lag.  Nothing like opening a drawer only to be teleported to the other side of the cabin or trying to enter a window and it does the 2 step on you and ends up in potatoing through the window instead.  Partly my internet and pairing with the host.  I know that.  Hopefully dedicated servers will help.

2) playing as Jason and getting the flashlight clicked at you 3000 times cause the counselor was able to jump through a window.  Woohoo!  Bad enough I already feel like my skill level is inferior compared to the guys I normally play with.  The flashlight thing just compounds it.   

3) bugs.  Like getting stuck after breaking down a door.  Having to burn shift or morph just to get out of it.  Or the big one that really pisses me off....not being able to grab coming out of shift.  Not sure why this occurs, but it does.  Shift, hit l2, Jason just stands there.....wtf?   Start spamming the grab button and nothing happens.  Sometimes comes out in combat stance?  That one may be explainable.  

4) car flips for no reason.  Part of the bug list but still annoying.  

I could list more, but don't have time. 

I hate how most times Jason grabs someone the animation shows him picking up out of the ground. Happens way too often. 

I really hate the window throw kill, understood from the second story buildings but just throwing them through a window is lame for a kill considering as a counselor you dive through them the same way, instead he should smash their heads on the jagged glass and saw their heads off with it.

Yes people working with Jason sucks too, not much you can do about it since you can't betray anymore, maybe an option to vote out/ boot counselors in game could fix this? Farcry had an option like this. 

Glitches and bugs. Like I was just in a game as Jason, hunting down my last counselor. Then for some reason I wasn't able to use by weapon. I could grab, go into battle stance, run, morph etc. But I couldn't use my weapon at all. This counselor locked themselves in a room in a cabin and I couldn't smash my way in. So I think to myself I'll wait til rage mode kicks in and then just smash my way in. That didn't work either.

Stupid bugs like this spoil the game.

1. When my game crashes to the blue screen (PS4). It makes me sad, especially if I finally get to be Jason or almost have an escape set up.

2. When I take the time to fix the car all on my own, and find that someone starts it and leaves while I'm trying to run to catch up. They clearly can see me, and others, trying to get in but they won't stop even if Jason is far enough away to let people in. So a car with THREE other seats gets wasted because ONE person just speeds off into the night.

3. People leaving and taking the fuse, or car parts with them essentially stranding everyone else. I saw someone a few days ago they got the boat fixed, right? Awesome. I'm already dead at this point, so I don't care. But, when this Kenny gets murdered by Jason before he could escape on the motor boat, he dropped the car keys. Yeah, he was gonna strand everyone else by taking the only set of car keys with him. Karma got him in the end, honestly I'm surprised he didn't rage quit when Jason got him. 

4. People who get chosen to be Tommy Jarvis, and all they do is hide, escape on their own, and/or refuse to help anyone. Tommy Jarvis is essentially the means to kill Jason when he arrives, and is supposed to encourage the surviving counselors to fight Jason, or at the very least help them get out to safety. Killing Jason is 500 XP plus another 500 XP for finishing the match, plus any other XP you got so it's a good way to level up if you can do it.

5. People who use glitches to win.

6. People who just stand there or hide the entire match, not even helping out. AFK is one thing, but I just don't get how people play like that? No wonder the game must be boring to them!

I don't see much of #1 but the rest are, unsurprisingly, more common to stumble across.

Teamkilling, the various bugs and glitches, how repetitious the gameplay can be, etc.

I'm most annoyed that the game is a broken mess in general.

1 person likes this

What annoys me the most is how players keep Pressing Ready and unready, and also players who keep holding players up when starting a Match.

1 - Servers (of course)

2 - People who left the match just after being killed (cmon, really? You can't wait a few minutes to play again? Especially if you are the host?)

3 - Annoying kids (geez)

4 - Large cabins with absolutely NO good items. 

5 - People escaping with the fuse, battery, etc lol

6 - People spending the entire match hiding (seriously, I like to main AJ and I would never do that. Just... Don't. Annoying.)

7 - When Jason likes to camp right in front of the cars. Like, dude... Give us a break. (okay, I can't complain about that haha)

8 - When Tommy Jarvis don't help anyone and escapes alone with the car (four-seat.) ARGH! 

Mostly just rage quitters and trolls... nothing else really annoys me. 

People that work with Jason, I rarely play public matches but when I do most of time everyone encounters a group. It's most satisfying when you're the last one alive and you survive the last 10 minutes against the helpers.B)

Only thing that annoys me are the little kids who play the game. I've met a few who aren't as bad but I've meet soo many that made me just wanna jump out a window. I get flooded with friend requests from kids when I play. I also get kids who claim are are so much better and will escape. I laugh when they are the first to die. And when you get kids who are Jason are so annoying. I once had this kid chasing me for the whole game and everyone escaped. I manged to get to the cops and the kid was claiming I was hacking xD But that's something I can get over, it's annoying but there are a lot worse things that could happen in real life. 

3 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Only thing that annoys me are the little kids who play the game. I've met a few who aren't as bad but I've meet soo many that made me just wanna jump out a window. I get flooded with friend requests from kids when I play. I also get kids who claim are are so much better and will escape. I laugh when they are the first to die. And when you get kids who are Jason are so annoying. I once had this kid chasing me for the whole game and everyone escaped. I manged to get to the cops and the kid was claiming I was hacking xD But that's something I can get over, it's annoying but there are a lot worse things that could happen in real life. 

Guess you'd hate me then

6 minutes ago, TheButtonMasher said:

Guess you'd hate me then

Never said I hated kids. I said I found some annoying. I've meet some good ones who don't make me want to jump out a window. but there are a lot who do. So unless your 9 and call everyone the N word and claim your the best player the game has ever seen then your just annoying. But I highly doubt that 

Host Kicks/Lost Connections.

I'm Lvl 55 but should probably be Lvl 90. I have lost 10's of Thousands of XP because of Host Kick/Lost Connection issues.

When I am not host, I have a Host Kick/Lost Connection issue about 40% of the time. It's pretty ridiculous.

Currently the single most annoying thing I can think of is unbreakable doors.  Especially the simple lock one hit doors oh man when they refuse to break all I can think is this door is made of some combination of anamantium and mithrl god damn dwarven technology 

1 person likes this

1. Connection issues

2. Host quittng/ rage quitters

3. Jason helpers

4. Small maps

5. Jasons on mic

6. All the other mic annoyances : Music, people having conversations with other people at home, cocky loudmouths, sore losers.