Sign in to follow this  
TWarner

How important is it to you to have a SP Experience ?

For me, i really don't care about a SP mode but...... I would have the "chill mode" xD i think i will love to chill for 2minutes before to run like a rabbit to survive.

I'd like a single player experience, even if it is just playing against bots, simply so I can revisit the game a few years down the line.

I was already all in without it, but it would be nice...maybe the game will do well enough to warrant a sequel and we'll see one then? Crazier things have happened :)

I'd like a single player experience, even if it is just playing against bots, simply so I can revisit the game a few years down the line.

I was already all in without it, but it would be nice...maybe the game will do well enough to warrant a sequel and we'll see one then? Crazier things have happened :)

like carpenter coming back
  • Like 1

i enjoy the single player mode.Even though i'm terrible at the challenge mode,i liked the cinematic presentation and the cinematic kills.I was born with a learning disability,so i have a hard time with many video games.As a result,i don't really like player vs player stuff,so i liked the fact that single player modes were added in.The only other mode i wish the game had was 2 player offline split-screen co-op for counselors.My friends in my personal life know i'm a disabled gamer,so they're used to me needing an extra hand in video games.Too many times in online games,people are swearing at me,calling me names because my skills at playing games isn't as great as theirs,so i've seen how many online gamers don't want to help those less fortunate than themselves.As a result,i only play this game offline,and i'm okay with that,even though i am glad the online stuff is there for those who prefer it.It is nice to have both options available.

Not sure why we're necroing a a two year old thread but ok....

To put it bluntly, SP was absolutely necessary to me, to the point that I refused to buy the game until I had confirmation that Offline Bots had been implemented.

I don't give a shit about SP, it is boring, I only play multiplayer, it is the real fun of the game.

It would have been really cool if they had made a SP story mode. It seems like back before the game was ever out of Kickstarter, they had mentioned a story mode, but it must have been scrapped. SP is really Important to me at this point. When they turn the lights off on the game, that’s all we’ll have left.

1 hour ago, PsychoHippie said:

Not sure why we're necroing a a two year old thread but ok....

because if you dont dig through years of old threads your new thread will get locked because "this thread already exists" or even if a question has been "answered" (not really) u'll get locked so that gets buried an more people will just ask the same question when there was a perfectly legitimate popular thread about it already

Single Player Challenges are the best thing to happen to this game. It’s like playing an actual F13 movie. Now I wish they could add some of the SP elements to offline bots. 

2 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Single Player Challenges are the best thing to happen to this game. It’s like playing an actual F13 movie. Now I wish they could add some of the SP elements to offline bots. 

Not sure if sarcasm or not, but they weren't an unwelcome addition, for sure. The problem was that they were lacking in replayability, some of the scripting was a bit disjointed, but all in all it showed promise (i.e. I was hoping they'd pile on more scenarios later down the line). I guess since that's all that they're ever be, it does kinda bother me in the end when that's all the offline features are. Like a lot of people, I'll probably be shelving this hard after awhile.

Many people I knew were waiting to buy this game for the SP component. They didn't really know what to expect, but I don't think it was necessarily what we got. I think a much bigger campaign of sort was what they were expecting but I don't know how they could have done that. 

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Not sure if sarcasm or not, but they weren't an unwelcome addition, for sure. The problem was that they were lacking in replayability, some of the scripting was a bit disjointed, but all in all it showed promise (i.e. I was hoping they'd pile on more scenarios later down the line). I guess since that's all that they're ever be, it does kinda bother me in the end when that's all the offline features are. Like a lot of people, I'll probably be shelving this hard after awhile.

Many people I knew were waiting to buy this game for the SP component. They didn't really know what to expect, but I don't think it was necessarily what we got. I think a much bigger campaign of sort was what they were expecting but I don't know how they could have done that. 

That’s why I’m saying that adding single player challenge elements to offline bots would be a good thing. Having the more open offline bot mode and map, but where they behave like single player AI. Doing their activities, unaware that Jason is there at first. 

17 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

That’s why I’m saying that adding single player challenge elements to offline bots would be a good thing. Having the more open offline bot mode and map, but where they behave like single player AI. Doing their activities, unaware that Jason is there at first. 

Yeah, that would have been cool.

Without single player I wouldn't have bought the game.