30 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

It's not new content, but there wasn't anything that "broke it". Can't be broken if it never existed in the first place (for Jason). Anyone who says otherwise is just a mindless white knight.

Tommy, you and your crew are great at examining assets and files in here. Was the sound file in there previously, but they never released it? After all, I just quoted Ben for reasons why it didn't exist before. 

34 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

It's not new content, but there wasn't anything that "broke it". Can't be broken if it never existed in the first place (for Jason). Anyone who says otherwise is just a mindless white knight.

Or some people like me played the game long enough to remember there was a sound. Believe it or not. But unfortunately, you guys haven't experienced this. The only thing I can say is claim them for creating new content, but that would be definitely pointless. So good luck with that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HowAreYa said:

But it's not new content. The sound ever worked and has been probably in the game files for a while, but something broke it, which isn''t suprising because alot of things break when they update.

Actually it is new, it was never in the game, proof is in this video of a match in which if you see at 9:24 you will see Jason Jason just killed a counselor and got the alert that the cops were called and looks at his map and the boat is stationary at it's spawn location at the boat house. He then morphs to the phone house  He goes after that counselor and then at 10:05 he looks at his map and you see the boat is still stationary at it's spawn location. After killing the counselor he walks around a bit and at 10:33 he looks at his map and at this point the boat has already moved a good distance and at no point was there a boat alert sound. Facts are facts and as you can see, there was no boat alert and this video was from June 3rd 2017 which was a week after launch.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Actually it is new, it was never in the game, proof is in this video of a match in which if you see at 9:24 you will see Jason Jason just killed a counselor and got the alert that the cops were called and looks at his map and the boat is stationary at it's spawn location at the boat house. He then morphs to the phone house  He goes after that counselor and then at 10:05 he looks at his map and you see the boat is still stationary at it's spawn location. After killing the counselor he walks around a bit and at 10:33 he looks at his map and at this point the boat has already moved a good distance and at no point was there a boat alert sound. Facts are facts and as you can see, there was no boat alert and this video was from June 3rd 2017 which was a week after launch.

It didn't have to be at launch, possibly later. It's weird that there aren't video's with the sound actually working. I can remember the sound worked for a short time but was gone for a while. That's just my experience. But still, if they added the sound as new content, we're still not getting any new content like Jason X. I can guarantee you that. They say it was a bug that they now have fixed, we can't change that.

• Thanks 1

On 8/19/2018 at 9:57 AM, HowAreYa said:

But it's not new content. The sound ever worked and has been probably in the game files for a while, but something broke it, which isn''t suprising because alot of things break when they update.

Uber Jason is in the game files too.

On 8/19/2018 at 11:52 AM, HowAreYa said:

It didn't have to be at launch, possibly later. It's weird that there aren't video's with the sound actually working. I can remember the sound worked for a short time but was gone for a while. That's just my experience. But still, if they added the sound as new content, we're still not getting any new content like Jason X. I can guarantee you that. They say it was a bug that they now have fixed, we can't change that.

It's not weird that there aren't any videos with a boat noise, because there never was a boat noise.

You're simply mis-remembering the boat noise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, HowAreYa said:

I can remember the sound worked for a short time but was gone for a while. That's just my experience.

That's the same experience I had to. The only logical solution to this, if the sound was never in the game for Jason, I must have been extremely close to the boat as it started  without realizing it. But I know for a fact, that I heard the boat start a few times as Jason.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

That's the same experience I had to. The only logical solution to this, if the sound was never in the game for Jason, I must have been extremely close to the boat as it started  without realizing it. But I know for a fact, that I heard the boat start a few times as Jason.

You can hear it as Jason if you are near the boat. You're probably right that that's what you remember. I know how that goes. I misremember stuff all the time.

Proof is in the pudding on this onr though.

28 minutes ago, malloymk said:

You can hear it as Jason if you are near the boat. You're probably right that that's what you remember. I know how that goes. I misremember stuff all the time.

Proof is in the pudding on this onr though.

Its the Mandela Effect. We think we remembee certain things, like a Sinbad movie called Shazaam! Or a monacle on the Monopoly guy. There are a ton of examples. Either way, it didn't happen.

2 hours ago, malloymk said:

It's not weird that there aren't any videos with a boat noise, because there never was a boat noise.

You're simply mis-remembering the boat noise.

No it's not mis-remembering. I'm certain there was, but still my experience. It's actually pointless discussing this when I'm not going to change my mind. So I'll end it here: I have experienced a sound of starting the boat as Jason anywhere I was located in a very previous build. You haven't. Maybe I'm wrong, or you are. We'll never know unless the dev's give us confirmation about it. If they lie about the change being new content, then they are in real problems because of the lawsuit. If they could add new content, we would already have Jason X instead of a sound. It just doesn't make sense. I really want to see the sound as new content. That would mean they can add more like Jason X and the Grendel map. But the lawsuit is just ruining the game.

14 minutes ago, HowAreYa said:

No it's not mis-remembering. I'm certain there was, but still my experience. It's actually pointless discussing this when I'm not going to change my mind. So I'll end it here: I have experienced a sound of starting the boat as Jason anywhere I was located in a very previous build. You haven't. Maybe I'm wrong, or you are. We'll never know unless the dev's give us confirmation about it. If they lie about the change being new content, then they are in real problems because of the lawsuit. If they could add new content, we would already have Jason X instead of a sound. It just doesn't make sense. I really want to see the sound as new content. That would mean they can add more like Jason X and the Grendel map. But the lawsuit is just ruining the game.

Considering you cN look up where i quoted Ben saying the reasons why it didn't make noise, there is video eveidence going back to last May and has never been evidence of anyone hearing it start: I am going to say you are suffering from Mandela Effect. Again. Maybe you were near it is all. Not calling you wrong, I am sure you know what you heard a while back, but it wasnt an alert like a trap or the car

26 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Considering you cN look up where i quoted Ben saying the reasons why it didn't make noise, there is video eveidence going back to last May and has never been evidence of anyone hearing it start: I am going to say you are suffering from Mandela Effect. Again. Maybe you were near it is all. Not calling you wrong, I am sure you know what you heard a while back, but it wasnt an alert like a trap or the car

I'm still pretty sure it was the boat sound. Mandela Effect sounds interesting, but I don't think that's the case. IF that's the case, well shit, my mind bamboozled me. But a confirmation of the dev team would be nice. Then we can stop this discussion, but they seem to not care about it at all.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, HowAreYa said:

But a confirmation of the dev team would be nice.

That's all that would have to happen to end the discussion. Just one person from the dev team come in and say, "Hey, there was a sound for the boat, but it went away and is now back" or "Hey! You are a bunch of idiots! There was never a sound unless you were close to the boat." But it doesn't look like any of them have the time to come and chime in.

After all the research and digging I had time to do, I am fairly certain that I must have been close to the boat when it started, and back then I was still a "noob" at the game so I didn't even realize where I was in relation to the boat on the map.

• Like 1

I can state with 100% certainty that there never was a boat alert noise. I have been playing since launch and unless you were near the boat you wouldn't hear it or get alerted to it. I posted the video from June 3rd 2017 a week after launch that shows a Jason not near the boat and he was never alerted to it being started. I have looked and looked through all my Jason gameplay and there was never an alert and everyone else's gameplay also shows there was never an alert. Proof has been shown that there never was one plain and simple.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Tommy, you and your crew are great at examining assets and files in here. Was the sound file in there previously, but they never released it? After all, I just quoted Ben for reasons why it didn't exist before. 

The sound file was definitely already in there, it is the same one Jason would hear when he was near the boat. Only difference now is he also hears it across the map. So while it isn’t new content, it is a new addition using existing content.

11 hours ago, HowAreYa said:

Or some people like me played the game long enough to remember there was a sound. Believe it or not. But unfortunately, you guys haven't experienced this. The only thing I can say is claim them for creating new content, but that would be definitely pointless. So good luck with that.

I am sorry to say your memory is wrong. There has been an abundance of videos posted from launch, which prove without a doubt there was never a boat start-up alert for Jason.

On the other hand, not even one person who “remembers” has been able to post any video at all that shows proof of a boat alert. So what does that tell you? It’s always the same answer, they can’t be bothered looking etc. which is just an excuse for the fact they can’t actually find anything to back up what they’re saying.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

The sound file was definitely already in there, it is the same one Jason would hear when he was near the boat. Only difference now is he also hears it across the map. So while it isn’t new content, it is a new addition using existing content.

I am sorry to say your memory is wrong. There has been an abundance of videos posted from launch, which prove without a doubt there was never a boat start-up alert for Jason.

On the other hand, not even one person who “remembers” has been able to post any video at all that shows proof of a boat alert. So what does that tell you? It’s always the same answer, they can’t be bothered looking etc. which is just an excuse for the fact they can’t actually find anything to back up what they’re saying.

Good point. I guess it would have to be assessed whether there is an alert function calling the boat sound asset, or if it had been just added.

7 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

That's all that would have to happen to end the discussion. Just one person from the dev team come in and say, "Hey, there was a sound for the boat, but it went away and is now back" or "Hey! You are a bunch of idiots! There was never a sound unless you were close to the boat." But it doesn't look like any of them have the time to come and chime in.

After all the research and digging I had time to do, I am fairly certain that I must have been close to the boat when it started, and back then I was still a "noob" at the game so I didn't even realize where I was in relation to the boat on the map.

Good luck. This game was dead to them the moment they found an out with the lawsuit announcement. They don’t give a fuck anymore. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Again, the boat starting sound across the map was my experience. If you guys experienced differently, good for you, but you guys just can't accept the fact that I experienced differently than the others and some guys, especially @malloymk, try to say that I'm crazy but I'm not. I know what I heard. I'm quitting this discussion now and forever because convincing me is pointless and just a waste of my and your time. The answer remains simple: if the dev's don't give a confirmation, it's not clear whether the sound was working in previous builds or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HowAreYa said:

Again, the boat starting sound across the map was my experience. If you guys experienced differently, good for you, but you guys just can't accept the fact that I experienced differently than the others and some guys, especially @malloymk, try to say that I'm crazy but I'm not. I know what I heard. I'm quitting this discussion now and forever because convincing me is pointless and just a waste of my and your time. The answer remains simple: if the dev's don't give a confirmation, it's not clear whether the sound was working in previous builds or not.

Sure, pal. 

Quick question. Is it that hard to just admit you're wrong? Especially in the wake of all of the video evidence that shows that there was no boat alert noise. I don't expect you to answer, nor do you need to. I just don't get why people just insist that they've experienced things that aren't real after they can be presented with evidence that shows they're wrong. 

3 hours ago, HowAreYa said:

We ALL experienced differently for the simple fact that you are wrong. That’s it. 

It's not bothering me that there's a sound for the boat now (I admit that I love Jason buffs, so I'm biased), but I do see that it makes the boat a far less viable option for escaping unless you luck out and randomly start the boat while Jason's morph is in cool-down.

Bumping for @xllxENIGMAxllx

Read the thread and watch the video. If you can provide proof there was a boat noise at launch, then you'll be the first to do so (including the developers).

• Haha 2

I'm off work today and have files saved as Jason from as far back as the original Packanack roof glitch, when friends could go up there and blast them with a shotgun. Don't know if a boat was started, but I'll look and post the results. Whatever I find, I'll let you guys know in a couple hours.

I looked and the video in the above post beat mine by two weeks, but I also had no sound when the boat started. Hey @Tommy86is it possible for one account to have something like a rogue sound file? Maybe one person can hear a sound that is encoded, but the rest of our accounts can't? Because it seems like all of us never heard the start up of the boat, yet @HowAreYa is adamant the sound was there. Just asking if that's even possible, or just How's personal experience.

1 hour ago, Redrum138 said:

Is it possible for one account to have something like a rogue sound file? Maybe one person can hear a sound that is encoded, but the rest of our accounts can't?

Kinda like how it use to be with the host only hearing certain audio cues like weapons or items getting dropped, right?  That was annoying.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

looked and the video in the above post beat mine by two weeks, but I also had no sound when the boat started. Hey @Tommy86is it possible for one account to have something like a rogue sound file? Maybe one person can hear a sound that is encoded, but the rest of our accounts can't? Because it seems like all of us never heard the start up of the boat, yet @HowAreYa is adamant the sound was there. Just asking if that's even possible, or just How's personal experience.

Haven’t read the thread but just replying to the tag. Anyone who says there was boat start-up at launch is full of it. @malloymk I can actually provide proof as I still have clips from that time, I remember this discussion from a while back and checking my clips just for that reason. It is complete and utter BS that a “glitch” prevented it from being heard in the past. It was simply never there to begin with. Devs must’ve been high af when they made this change tbh.

I will find those clips this weekend and post them so this topic can finally be put to rest. I also don’t believe anyone had a rogue sound file, only a rogue memory in their brain. Think about it - to put in a boat start-up sound completely defies the reason to go for boat obj in the first place. The whole reason was always that it had a silent start-up, but you were virtually screwed if / when it was seen on the map. A trade off. I guess a year later the devs simply forgot what the obj was all about. 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Haven’t read the thread but just replying to the tag. Anyone who says there was boat start-up at launch is full of it. @malloymk I can actually provide proof as I still have clips from that time, I remember this discussion from a while back and checking my clips just for that reason. It is complete and utter BS that a “glitch” prevented it from being heard in the past. It was simply never there to begin with. Devs must’ve been high af when they made this change tbh.

I will find those clips this weekend and post them so this topic can finally be put to rest. I also don’t believe anyone had a rogue sound file, only a rogue memory in their brain. Think about it - to put in a boat start-up sound completely defies the reason to go for boat obj in the first place. The whole reason was always that it had a silent start-up, but you were virtually screwed if / when it was seen on the map. A trade off. I guess a year later the devs simply forgot what the obj was all about. 😄

Thank you, I figured you could end that argument. It just wasn't there at all, unless you're close enough to hear it and not being aware of your proximity. Good game! I never heard it outside of proximity, plus I can tag multiple players who were also around at the start.