1 minute ago, malloymk said:

Did you hear it across the map? Or were you standing near the boat?

Different places on the map, but it was the same sound you hear as the boat starts. The few times I did hear it, I didn't have shift or morph available so I watched on the map as the boat escaped.

The sound was at launch for sure there, but it seems like a bug broke it for a while. So, it's not new content. They fixed what needed to be fixed, because boat escapes are supposed to be more dangerous, otherwise it would be an (too) easy escape.

Just now, Dragonfire82877 said:

Different places on the map, but it was the same sound you hear as the boat starts. The few times I did hear it, I didn't have shift or morph available so I watched on the map as the boat escaped.

I'll be honest. I think you're either 100% mistaken or lying. Are you mis-interpreting the propellor skill check fail noise for the boat starting? That's literally the only noise it could have been.

2 minutes ago, HowAreYa said:

The sound was at launch for sure there, but it seems like a bug broke it for a while. So, it's not new content. They fixed what needed to be fixed, because boat escapes are supposed to be more dangerous, otherwise it would be an (too) easy escape.

It was never there at launch. Ben even confirmed it in this thread. 

4 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

It was never there at launch. Ben even confirmed it in this thread. 

I can remember that Jason could hear a sound when the boat started when the game launched. And maybe Ben responded here like how he thought it was intended, but maybe Wes or the dev's knew better.

9 minutes ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

He didn't confirm or deny anything.

Yes he did. The boat was never meant to be heard because it’s easier to catch. 

6 minutes ago, HowAreYa said:

I can remember that Jason could hear a sound when the boat started when the game launched. And maybe Ben responded here like how he thought it was intended, but maybe Wes or the dev's knew better.

Only if you were close to the dock. Jason could never hear it start like the car. Even at launch. 

4 minutes ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

He didn't confirm or deny anything.

Seems like this thread would have been a good time to say, "it's a bug and there should be a noise alert, we're working on fixing it. Should only take us a year or so"

Nothing in his statement tells me that this is a bug. It does seem to lead me to believe (and others judging by this thread) that it is an intended game play mechanic.

5 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Only if you were close to the dock. Jason could never hear it start like the car. Even at launch. 

I'm sorry to tell you, but that's not true. Jason could hear the boat anywhere when it started. Maybe it was only on PC, but there was a starting sound, without a doubt.

7 minutes ago, HowAreYa said:

I'm sorry to tell you, but that's not true. Jason could hear the boat anywhere when it started. Maybe it was only on PC, but there was a starting sound, without a doubt.

Prove it. Plenty of youtube and twitch clips out there. Shouldn't be hard to come up with one.

I could have sworn that at some point during the launch, back last spring/summer, Jason did hear the boat start. That changed pretty quick within some patch cause I seem to remember hearing it, then later talking out loud that how could that boat escape because I heard nothing... i could be wrong though.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Prove it. Plenty of youtube and twitch clips out there. Shouldn't be hard to come up with one.

I don't have to prove anything. @[IllFonic]Courier has confirmed it was something that has been in the game previously. I'm not going to waste my time by looking for clips if the sound was for a short time actually working. I know that and I know they're not lying to us. So you guys can keep complaining that they have added new content, but they haven't. And if you don't like this change, deal with it, because they decide how they want their game to be designed.

1 minute ago, HowAreYa said:

I don't have to prove anything. @[IllFonic]Courier has confirmed it was something that has been in the game previously. I'm not going to waste my time by looking for clips if the sound was for a short time actually working. I know that and I know they're not lying to us. So you guys can keep complaining that they have added new content, but they haven't. And if you don't like this change, deal with it, because they decide how they want their game to be designed.

How do you know they're not lying?They've misled us intentionally or unintentionally several times.

Literally for months people were bringing up rubberbanding and they said it was a lag issue, when it clearly was not. 

I could go on, but won't waste my time either. It's not like you'll change your mind anyway.

48 minutes ago, malloymk said:

I'll be honest. I think you're either 100% mistaken or lying. Are you mis-interpreting the propellor skill check fail noise for the boat starting? That's literally the only noise it could have been.

I know what the boat starting sound is, and I know what the skill check fail sounds like. I'm not mistaken what I heard. Why would I lie about this? What could I possibly gain or achieve from lying about what I heard? I heard it back in February, the sound eventually was patched out. That's all I know. I don't know if it was removed by mistake or on purpose, I really don't care. I would prefer the sound stay out of the game, but that is my opinion, and seems to be a popular one.

In the future though, just because you don't agree with someone or have had a different experience with the game than someone else, it doesn't mean that they are ignorant dummies that has no idea what's going on and must be mistaken, or that their lying about what they have seen or heard.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I know what the boat starting sound is, and I know what the skill check fail sounds like. I'm not mistaken what I heard. Why would I lie about this? What could I possibly gain or achieve from lying about what I heard? I heard it back in February, the sound eventually was patched out. That's all I know. I don't know if it was removed by mistake or on purpose, I really don't care. I would prefer the sound stay out of the game, but that is my opinion, and seems to be a popular one.

In the future though, just because you don't agree with someone or have had a different experience with the game than someone else, it doesn't mean that they are ignorant dummies that has no idea what's going on and must be mistaken, or that their lying about what they have seen or heard.

I'm sure there are plenty of youtube clips you can find showing me there is a noise for starting up the boat that Jason can hear across the map. Go find just one.

Otherwise, yeah I'm going to be inclined that you're mistaken or just some guy on the internet lying to make a point. I don't know you personally, so with the information I do have, it's not unreasonable to think that you're wrong or being misleading. Sorry about that.

15 minutes ago, malloymk said:

How do you know they're not lying?They've misled us intentionally or unintentionally several times.

Literally for months people were bringing up rubberbanding and they said it was a lag issue, when it clearly was not. 

I could go on, but won't waste my time either. It's not like you'll change your mind anyway.

Because changing my mind would be lying to myself.

Just now, badassgixxer05 said:

Why does everyone care so much about this dang boat sound??? ?

Two things stick out to me:

1 - it's debatable and clearly just my opinion, but I do think it's a horrible idea to implement.

2 - I find it strange that people insist that there was a noise, but offer no real evidence that there was a noise.

And again, depending on what you believe from the devs, this would be new content.

26 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Why does everyone care so much about this dang boat sound??? ?

I dont remember there ever being a boat start-up sound. There of course could have been and I just don't remember it. As to why people care, well adding (or  possibly readding) a sound renders the boat pretty much useless.

4 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I dont remember there ever being a boat start-up sound. There of course could have been and I just don't remember it. As to why people care, well adding (or  possibly readding) a sound renders the boat pretty much useless.

eh, just cant start it and bolt for the exit. Have to be a little more strategic now i guess. Once its started though, something Jason always have to be on watch for. Could help get other objectives done.

7 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

eh, just cant start it and bolt for the exit. Have to be a little more strategic now i guess. Once its started though, something Jason always have to be on watch for. Could help get other objectives done.

You're more optimistic about this then I am. I think it will just lead to nobody even bothering with the boat. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, malloymk said:

I'm sure there are plenty of youtube clips you can find showing me there is a noise for starting up the boat that Jason can hear across the map. Go find just one.

Otherwise, yeah I'm going to be inclined that you're mistaken or just some guy on the internet lying to make a point. I don't know you personally, so with the information I do have, it's not unreasonable to think that you're wrong or being misleading. Sorry about that.

I don't have the time or care to try and prove anything to you with a you tube clip. If you're really that concerned about it, you can look it up. I know that I have heard the boat start as Jason, if you have never heard it, who cares? Like I said, I would prefer it not be there in the first place.