4 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

You're more optimistic about this then I am. I think it will just lead to nobody even bothering with the boat. 

thats how games have gone for last few months anyways. cant remember last time i went there first with the gas and not car..

2 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

thats how games have gone for last few months anyways. cant remember last time i went there first with the gas and not car..

Boat is actually my preferred method of escape. I won't take the gas that's clearly meant for the car to the boat. But if I find the gas close to the boat it's going in that boat. 

1 hour ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Yes he did. The boat was never meant to be heard because it’s easier to catch. 

Show me this "confirmation", cause when you do. I'll show you how you're wrong.

1 hour ago, malloymk said:

Seems like this thread would have been a good time to say, "it's a bug and there should be a noise alert, we're working on fixing it. Should only take us a year or so"

Nothing in his statement tells me that this is a bug. It does seem to lead me to believe (and others judging by this thread) that it is an intended game play mechanic.

I agree with you completely. He should have said something with meaning instead of 'you can still hear boat repairs' which leads me to believe that you could hear the boat start. Now you cannot and that's why he said you can STILL hear board repair mistakes.

We have nothing to talk about anymore. We are talking about sounds that may or may not be there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Boat is actually my preferred method of escape. I won't take the gas that's clearly meant for the car to the boat. But if I find the gas close to the boat it's going in that boat. 

I prob should have been doing this too. Most of my deaths have been from trying to get parts to the 4 seater. I care too much about my fellow counselors. Last night i jumped out the boat to allow my compadre to escape while i was drowning. ☠️

2 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I prob should have been doing this too. Most of my deaths have been from trying to get parts to the 4 seater. I care too much about my fellow counselors. Last night i jumped out the boat to allow my compadre to escape while i was drowning. ☠️

I don't simply do it because I like the boat escape. I always put the parts into the nearby objective. I'm just assuming that the parts for the other objective will be near it.

9 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I don't have the time or care to try and prove anything to you with a you tube clip. If you're really that concerned about it, you can look it up. I know that I have heard the boat start as Jason, if you have never heard it, who cares? Like I said, I would prefer it not be there in the first place. 

I’m going to put this to rest right now. There has never been a boat start up alert from across the map for Jason. Not at launch, not ever. The only time Jason would hear the boat start is if he was right near it.

I am a day 1 player as well, but unlike those purely depending on their memory, I decided to go through some of the earliest videos from May 2017 to confirm whether there 100% was or wasn’t a start up noise. 

Here is one video you can watch for yourself. Skip to about 23:00, where the boat is still stationary. It is moving 1-2 mins after that, yet there was no start up alert within that time at all. I remind you this is from May 2017, as early as it gets -

Make no mistake, what they have added in this latest patch is new. It is also thoughtless and misguided since the way the boat was balanced is that it potentially allowed for a quiet escape, with high risk of death if Jason noticed it moving on the map. Now, it is just a death trap.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Why does everyone care so much about this dang boat sound??? ?

I don't know either man , Maybe they want the devs to get sued ''because it is new content''? Well , it is definitely getting out of Hands now.

How should this even work with a starting sound? Jason has to be extra retarded or in the middle of beeing killed to make the boat escape possible. Another case of "Do they even play their own game?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

How should this even work with a starting sound? Jason has to be extra retarded or in the middle of beeing killed to make the boat escape possible. Another case of "Do they even play their own game?"

Maybe it’s to force people to use the boat perk?

14 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Maybe it’s to force people to use the boat perk?

Yeah sure, so you have useless perks equipped in every game where no boat spawns?  It´s pretty much like gambling now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Yeah sure, so you have useless perks equipped in every game where no boat spawns?  It´s pretty much like gambling now.

I know. I hate it every bit as much as you. 

@Tommy86 I posted that same video in the other thread. Its ludicrous how many people insist there was a boat noise at some point. It's also ludicrous how many people will just take the developers' word that this was some glitch fix. It's new content and it's completely misguided.

• Thanks 1

I know i said farewell but i heard about this and needed to come in and share something. As many seem to be adament there was a boat alert sound for Jason a long time ago and was for whatever reason was suddenly gone and now placed back in, i wanted to clear this up. Here is a video of a match in which if you see at 9:24 you will see Jason Jason just killed a counselor and got the alert that the cops were called and looks at his map and the boat is stationary at it's spawn location at the boat house. He then morphs to the phone house  He goes after that counselor and then at 10:05 he looks at his map and you see the boat is still stationary at it's spawn location. After killing the counselor he walks around a bit and at 10:33 he looks at his map and at this point the boat has already moved a good distance and at no point was there a boat alert sound. I have even loaded the audio of the video and analyzed it in my audio editing software to see if i could hear the boat noise and there wasn't once at all. This video was published on June 3rd 2017, one week after launch. So i can say 100% there was never a boat alert noise at any point from launch until them adding it in this patch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"But i heard a boat alert noise sometime in the past. You're wrong"  -  some idiot

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, malloymk said:

"But i heard a boat alert noise sometime in the past. You're wrong"  -  some idiot

Sadly for them they cannot argue against hard evidence

4 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Sadly for them they cannot argue against hard evidence

They'll try though. Which is actually even more sad.

Just now, malloymk said:

They'll try though. Which is actually even more sad.

Well people can try all they want, Hard evidence is indisputable

Never was boat start alert for Xbox .

Dumb move, yet again , for devs to add this of all things. Boat escapes are pretty much obsolete now . Why even bother going for boat. The silent boat start kept Jason on his toes, needing to constantly check his map to see if boat is moving. Now its easy mode

On 8/16/2018 at 11:22 AM, HowAreYa said:

I don't have to prove anything. @[IllFonic]Courier has confirmed it was something that has been in the game previously. I'm not going to waste my time by looking for clips if the sound was for a short time actually working. I know that and I know they're not lying to us. So you guys can keep complaining that they have added new content, but they haven't. And if you don't like this change, deal with it, because they decide how they want their game to be designed.

@[IllFonic]Courier posts in patch updates that certain bugs are fixed but we all find out later they weren't. so why couldn't this be any different??? plus its not like they're  say hey we added a new sound!! cuz if they did they would be up shit creek without a paddle

On 9/13/2017 at 2:23 PM, GunMedia_Ben said:

Boat is easier to catch and you can still hear failed attempts at repair ;). 

I am real curious how this lack of sound is being "fixed" when its never happened previously and clearly people don't want it. Was there a time when it made a sound? Been playing since release on Xbox and have to say it never made a noise. This seems like something new.

When exiting a car, we can fight back. If tipped over, can we stun Jason in the water with poclet knives now?

We would like to hear your guys' stance on why the change was made.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sfosterjr said:

@[IllFonic]Courier posts in patch updates that certain bugs are fixed but we all find out later they weren't. so why couldn't this be any different??? plus its not like they're  say hey we added a new sound!! cuz if they did they would be up shit creek without a paddle

But it's not new content. The sound ever worked and has been probably in the game files for a while, but something broke it, which isn''t suprising because alot of things break when they update.

14 minutes ago, HowAreYa said:

But it's not new content. The sound ever worked and has been probably in the game files for a while, but something broke it, which isn''t suprising because alot of things break when they update.

It's not new content, but there wasn't anything that "broke it". Can't be broken if it never existed in the first place (for Jason). Anyone who says otherwise is just a mindless white knight.