JasonVoorhees13

few days away from single player or delay

56 posts in this topic

Friday sept 22 is the last day of summer. All of us backers/kickstarters knew it would be last min or delayed single player and bots. So here we are sept 12 with only 10 days away from end of summer and it looks like we will be disappointed again by these guys i hope not. let the count down start

2 minutes ago, JasonVoorhees13 said:

Friday sept 22 is the last day of summer. All of us backers/kickstarters knew it would be last min or delayed single player and bots. So here we are sept 12 with only 10 days away from end of summer and it looks like we will be disappointed again by these guys i hope not. let the count down start

;)

2 people like this

Soon

(But probably not that soon  :P )

Honestly though, I wouldn't rush them.  I think the initial release itself was rushed to meet established time tables and the results weren't pretty.  When the AI single player comes out we want it to work, not be some kind of mess like the rushed out single player on Battlefront ended up being.

4 people like this

I have a feeling it will come out the same day as the physical launch, but I could be wrong. Either that, or we'll get the spring break DLC the same day as the physical launch. The latter seems more plausible 

1 person likes this

Careful. Apparently countdown threads offer no discussion and are forbidden.

I'm glad this was brought to our attention now though. Countdown threads are new to this forum and there's definitely not a 22 page countdown thread that exists in limbo.

*sniff* hm.. smells lIke bullshit 

3 people like this

Seems like the other thread was closed for spam...

:rolleyes:

So everyone make sure to share your opinions and suggestions on single player here...

6 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

November. Bet on it.

1 person likes this

Honestly I wouldn't mind if single player is delayed I just hate the fact they're waiting on the last possible second to tell us.To me it's really disingenuous.

3 people like this

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

They did pretty much the same thing when it came to the game's release date.

It's exactly the same thing.

4 people like this

6 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

Honestly I wouldn't mind if single player is delayed I just hate the fact they're waiting on the last possible second to tell us.To me it's really disingenuous.

Don't worry.

Since they closed the harmless countdown thread,that means Gun or illfonic is working on the second or third draft of the:

'We released the game broken so now our time and resources are focused on actually fixing the game we released before we deliver the thing we delayed the game for in the first place" post.

giphy.gif

5 people like this

16 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Don't worry.

Since they closed the harmless countdown thread,that means Gun or illfonic is working on the second or third draft of the:

'We released the game broken so now our time and resources are focused on actually fixing the game we released before we deliver the thing we delayed the game for in the first place" post.

giphy.gif

The paradox of the situation makes it funnier.

4 people like this

I would say it's delayed till October 13the and then we will probly get a trailer for it with no actual release date.  I'm cool with that but I bet they drop all the dlc we're waiting for and then show a trailer. 

Reposting this here from the other, now locked thread since it seems relevant:

I'm pretty confident that Single Player Mode will not be launching with the October 13th physical release. I just checked the game's page on GameStop's website and under product details it says:

• Access all upcoming DLC when available including a free download of Single Player missions where you play as Jason! Future DLC to include Offline matches with AI Bots, new maps, characters, counselor outfits, Jason skins and much more!

The bullet basically states that the Single Player missions won't be available upon initial purchase and will instead be downloadable at a later date. :rolleyes:

2 people like this

I understand staying silent on a release date, but no official statement of "clearly it won't make end of summer and probably not even by physical release date" is kind of crappy. I know they basically said it without those words though.

Do you guys like that they are not releasing dates or deadlines anymore, or do you still prefer the false hope?

Part of me likes hoping and waiting for a certain time frame. This whole "soon" said GUN, "2018" said forum member is becoming too accurate. How long has a simple DLC clothing pack been teased for and we are looking at possibly around physical date release? Then again should we worry about new content when old content is still so broken that I barely see my friends on the game anymore? Hell,  I am almost thinking Xbox patch won't hit until physical release at this point! Sigh...

1 person likes this

Eh, I'm probably one of the most patient people on the planet when it comes to games that I'm a fan of and Friday the 13th is no exception. I'm feeling a delay coming, but if it that is the case then I can hope that the single player side of the game runs a little smoother since it shouldn't require an online connection to dull the experience. As for the new content in multiplayer, I'm excited and they'll have my money, and I'll get it when I get it. I play on PS4, and only have a minimal amount of issues in terms of the occasional blue crash, but really in my recent experience my issues have been the rage quitters when I finally get to be Jason Voorhees. Luckily, I've been getting put in lobbies enough alone and thankfully it fills up quickly so that when matches start I don't have to worry about the host leaving since I am the host most of the time. It's the people that rage quit because they get killed, denying me my XP and body count. But, likewise, they also get denied their XP when they quit so it's whatever. I just recently got the game on Steam too, courtesy of my girlfriend, so we'll both be playing on there, too. :) 

21 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I'm leaning towards delay here.

It's definitely delayed.

8 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Careful. Apparently countdown threads offer no discussion and are forbidden.

I'm glad this was brought to our attention now though. Countdown threads are new to this forum and there's definitely not a 22 page countdown thread that exists in limbo.

*sniff* hm.. smells lIke bullshit 

They only lock the ones they don't like. :P

8 hours ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

This is exactly what they did when giving the release date. It's pretty shady. :)

8 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

Don't worry.

giphy.gif

Pretty much exactly. :lol:

3 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I understand staying silent on a release date, but no official statement of "clearly it won't make end of summer and probably not even by physical release date" is kind of crappy. I know they basically said it without those words though.

Do you guys like that they are not releasing dates or deadlines anymore, or do you still prefer the false hope?

Part of me likes hoping and waiting for a certain time frame. This whole "soon" said GUN, "2018" said forum member is becoming too accurate. How long has a simple DLC clothing pack been teased for and we are looking at possibly around physical date release? Then again should we worry about new content when old content is still so broken that I barely see my friends on the game anymore? Hell,  I am almost thinking Xbox patch won't hit until physical release at this point! Sigh...

For most things I'm fine with them being quiet but the single player release was a promise. Ben said "We will never lie to you." but they keep making excuses for why they're lying to us and people keep buying them.

On 9/12/2017 at 6:31 PM, bewareofbears said:

;)

I tried to reply to your thread Bear, but it seems they closed it. Bunch of Forum Na*** around here eh?

With that said, yea I hope they do release a single player within the time frame. I think it will bring people back to the game that have left/stopped playing recently due to bugs/patches/glitches

1 person likes this

The only reason the other Thread was closed is because the Mod was bored as hell, like always probably. Instead of closing some that exist 100 times already these are being closed for "spam" and being a no "discussion" Thread. 

1 person likes this

Just now, pro5pt0 said:

I tried to reply to your thread Bear, but it seems they closed it. Bunch of Forum Na*** around here eh?

With that said, yea I hope they do release a single player within the time frame. I think it will bring people back to the game that have left/stopped playing recently due to bugs/patches/glitches

They said I was spamming the board to inflate my post count... :rolleyes:

Single player will likely draw some people in but I can't imagine it will bring everyone back. Gun has been really inconsistent in general. They release trailers for things without dates- who does that? Anyway, I think single player is delayed. If it isn't I'll admit to being wrong but I'd bet on it. :)

5 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

It's definitely delayed.

They only lock the ones they don't like. :P

This is exactly what they did when giving the release date. It's pretty shady. :)

Pretty much exactly. :lol:

For most things I'm fine with them being quiet but the single player release was a promise. Ben said "We will never lie to you." but they keep making excuses for why they're lying to us and people keep buying them.

Oh he's flat out lied, Savini is proof enough on that.

9 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Then again should we worry about new content when old content is still so broken that I barely see my friends on the game anymore? Hell,  I am almost thinking Xbox patch won't hit until physical release at this point! Sigh...

Agree 100%.

The last patch/lack of hotfix completely fucked over the Xbox community. Even the group we formed has basically stopped playing since then. I don't see any reason to even boot up the game (on Xbox) at this point. It's awful.

I'm patient. I can wait all the reasonable amount of time it takes to release patches. But what I'm NOT ok with is when a patch goes live and breaks more than it fixes. That's completely unacceptable. When you do that, you OWE the players a fix ASAP. You also owe them a huge apology. You don't sit back and attempt to shove the next bits of DLC down our throat when the game is in the state it's in.

And I don't blame Illfonic for this. Their heads are in the right place. My finger is firmly pointed at the heads of Gun - @wes @Randygbk @GunMedia_Ben 

The Spring Break pack better be out within the next week with how much attention they're giving it. But I personally don't wanna hear shit about new content until you can fix what's already broken. Because I don't buy DLC to attempt to save a game I'm not playing...I buy DLC for FUNCTIONAL games I'm already enjoying.

3 people like this