Sign in to follow this  
JayBone Greenly

It (2017)

Enjoyed it mostly but there was something irritating about Pennywise.  I want to say to much CG maybe like every time I saw Pennywise he just looked fake or off to me don't know how to explain it exactly.  

• Like 1

On September 12, 2017 at 2:15 PM, UprightChair said:

Enjoyed it mostly but there was something irritating about Pennywise.  I want to say to much CG maybe like every time I saw Pennywise he just looked fake or off to me don't know how to explain it exactly.  

If it was his eyes it's actually because bill skarsgard (butchered name I know) is able to relax one of his eyes and have it drift off into a different direction and the director used that in the film to give him a more awkward unnatural look

On 9/15/2017 at 4:44 PM, Jason4prez said:

If it was his eyes it's actually because bill skarsgard (butchered name I know) is able to relax one of his eyes and have it drift off into a different direction and the director used that in the film to give him a more awkward unnatural look

it creates a good effect of how he isnt a clown as thats how pennywise should be

looks like a clown but not quite

26 minutes ago, FlameRiderSD said:

it creates a good effect of how he isnt a clown as thats how pennywise should be

looks like a clown but not quite

He looks unnatural and off and it's great 

like also i hate how people complain about the teeth while in the book it says that "The clown face changed to something horrible that made his nightmares of the cellar look like sweet dreams and destroyed his sanity in one clawing moment" only thing i wish they kept was the conversation of you'll float too

I finally got to watch this film for the first time today, and i may rant or give spoilers, so apologies in advance.

The remake felt like Strange Things meets Stand By Me. The dad's relationship with Beverly was overly accentuated when the first film touched on the matter in a classy way. Pennywise did seem overly CG. Curry's voice was way creepier whereas Skarsgard seemed too high pitched and annoying to me, personally. In the book, was the bathroom blood scene over the too, Evil Dead style? I think the soundtrack and too many montages took away from the terror aspect, namely the bathroom clean up scene. It was much more pure to horror in the original. I felt this movie tried entirely too hard to cash in on the 80s pop culture retro aspect. I enjoyed the innocent period of the 50s more than mullet head, trams am driving douche bags.   I swear if they said let's stick together, then split up one more time I was walking out! Dumb ads kids. Also, what happened with the silver coming into play? I felt some scenes in the original were more terrifying, such as the two photo books Georgie with the blood pour, and Pennywise making the carnival move in the picture are great examples. Overall, Curry seemed more calm, collective and powerful to me than Skarsgard who came off as hyper and panicked. The kids in the original seemed smarter and tougher, where the kids in this film remind me of whiny, emo teenagers today. I think thr first seemed to build more suspense, which is betted horror to me. The remake seemed more about quick jump scares and updated soundtracks, which follows the trend of most remakes.

For positives, what they were able to do with Pennywise was great. The 75 foot tall aspect really came out. How he played on their fears was great. His mouth opening made me think of the book. I am curious as to how the dead lights will come into play more in Chapter 2. Pennywise's "trophy" room was amazing. Georgie's scene at the beginning I enjoyed. 

I haven't read the book since 6th grade and I am 35 now, so clearly I don't remember much, but I feel this film changed a lot. 

Saw it for the second time this weekend and loved it (though I totally take HansonGoons point about the kids saying they should stick together then wandering off ... annoying!).

Watched the original TV movie when I got home from the cinema Saturday and as good as Tim Curry's performance is in it, it struggles to compare now just because of how well the new one is made ... no dodgy effects, no cheap sets, bigger scale, etc.

I'm fine with shifting it to the 1980s, as I'm an 80s kid and I love horror films from the era. Plus its still going to fit in with the time jump King envisaged.  I'm hoping they go darker for Chapter Two though. The musical montages and 'softer' stuff seemed to fit as it was a film that focused on kids, but if the sequel is going to be all about the adults we need a more adult theme.

The kids did such a great job in the movie. Also, I felt they did a great job with changing a few things (speech/etc) as they set it in the 80's. I was also hyper critical going in as It is my favorite book of all time.

I've seen it twice and want to see it one more time before it leaves theaters.