Sign in to follow this  
BloodOnTheRocks

So is this game still about mobbing up on Jason?

Havent played in over a month mostly due to non bindable keys. But last I played the game was mostly everyone ganging up on Jason amd stun locking him. Is this still the case?

I think it depends on experience level of those around you.  A bunch of 101's with a full set of epic perks yeah probably or maybe worse they just repair everything in 5 minutes or so RNG depending of course. 

29 minutes ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

Havent played in over a month mostly due to non bindable keys. But last I played the game was mostly everyone ganging up on Jason amd stun locking him. Is this still the case?

"This was also having an unintended side effect of allowing counselors to gang up on Jason knowing he could only hit one counselor…he can now cause damage to multiple counselors at once…beware."   - From the Shack Notes. Gertz also mentioned it on the forums.

http://f13game.com/news/ShackUpdate1/

The upcoming fixes are addressing the mobbing problem a bit.

• Like 1

Anyone frustrated with counselors ganging up on Jason should be using Part 3 Jason exclusively.  With weapon strength as a strength, he can cut down surrounding counselors in 3 swings of his ax.

It is worse then ever imo. The small update turned Jason into a bit of a joke so if that is one of the reasons that you quit then now is not the time to come back. If two or more of the counselors are halfway decent Jason does not stand a chance against them if they loop.

Image result for Jason voorhees bullied as a kid

I think you guys need to play with better Jasons.

I just lol and prepare myself for a mountain of salt anytime counselors come at me thinking they are tough.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SolidusPrime said:

I think you guys need to play with better Jasons.

I just lol and prepare myself for a mountain of salt anytime counselors come at me thinking they are tough.

Right also people need to realize that you have a small chance of grabbing a counselor even when they are swinging at you I have mastered this tactic well so good luck with a swing because more then likely I will grab you the only way you can get me with a swing is if you are behind a door and suprise me but even then it's rare

Then here's the fact that Jason an almost 7 foot guy compared to a 5 foot councilor has a hit box that is tiny and weapons go through him a lot more lately, oh and that you can hit him and he won't drop the person either three people around him hitting with bats and machetes 4or 5 times and he doesn't drop you and kills you

I'd say less so, but if your looking for a slam dunk when 4 counselors get out of the 4 seater. Its not going to be easy. He can be stunned every way imaginable and unless your stunned in front of the driver door. They have a great chance of escaping. Part of the reason why if you think you are going to be chain stunned, try to get stunned in front of the driver door. They can't do shit about it, its the best reverse strategy really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

I'd say less so, but if your looking for a slam dunk when 4 counselors get out of the 4 seater. Its not going to be easy. He can be stunned every way imaginable and unless your stunned in front of the driver door. They have a great chance of escaping. Part of the reason why if you think you are going to be chain stunned, try to get stunned in front of the driver door. They can't do shit about it, its the best reverse strategy really.

That was frustrating too.....but I meant more at objective battles. It got to the point where pretty much every match as Jason I knew I was going to have  to face 5 counselors taking whacks at me and chain stunning me with firecrackers and flareguns. Stopped being fun to play Jason. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

That was frustrating too.....but I meant more at objective battles. It got to the point where pretty much every match as Jason I knew I was going to have  to face 5 counselors taking whacks at me and chain stunning me with firecrackers and flareguns. Stopped being fun to play Jason. 

I honestly haven't seen the gangbanging as much lately. Maybe the playerbase has changed, lost players and/or gained new players. I see way more solos, but that's just me.

Every time I've played as Jason lately, I've had multiple people gang up and attack me, which is a horrible strategy. On one map I was playing, literally six of the seven counselors charged at me. I wish I would've saved a video of it. I wish I could say it was like the corn field scene in Freddy vs. Jason, but I actually got stunned quite a bit. Still managed to kill 6/8 though. 

The mob mentality thing happen when team killing was removed. If you grab someone, 5 guys will be running up to you swinging without fear of hurting someone. 

On another note, there are still so many Jasons that don't pick up knives or use them. They are very valuable, especially if you can throw them well.

31 minutes ago, Archgamer said:

The mob mentality thing happen when team killing was removed. If you grab someone, 5 guys will be running up to you swinging without fear of hurting someone. 

On another note, there are still so many Jasons that don't pick up knives or use them. They are very valuable, especially if you can throw them well.

I havent played since before TKing was taken out. It was a thing before that. 

Its just unrealistic to me and not at all faithful to the movies and totally breaks immersion for me....not to mention simply isnt any fun. I dont think Jason should be invincible but nobody is even afraid of him anymore. You basically have to stamd amd take it till the weapons break and they've used all the firecrackers. Its annoying. 

I tend to use throwing knifes in group situations. Also dodging counselor swings is not that hard or if there are only few I usually resort to blocking.

Haven't been stun locked ever. Then again I just don't go in swinging my weapon mindlessly.

I really don't get how people say Jason is weaker after the last patch. I still hammer everyone I play with and I've been ganged up on by 4 counsellors and still beat them all by using block. It's really easy to win; just trap all the objectives and patrol whichever one has it's trap set off first. If you get ganged up on, combat stance block and a few swift stabs usually sort it pretty quick.

9 hours ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

I havent played since before TKing was taken out. It was a thing before that. 

Its just unrealistic to me and not at all faithful to the movies and totally breaks immersion for me....not to mention simply isnt any fun. I dont think Jason should be invincible but nobody is even afraid of him anymore. You basically have to stamd amd take it till the weapons break and they've used all the firecrackers. Its annoying. 

The complaint was the opposite in Beta. Part of the reason why things are the way they are now I feel. There were many who complained playing as counselor was a pointless experience and not at all fun. People still say that now sometimes particularly when spawn killed, but they have more of a chance now and they may have more fun with it.

Jason still mops the floor with counselors who do what they want and don't give a shit or those who just started playing the game. But if your playing against a party or a few competent counselors, then yes. The stun game is still there.

I think the easy fix is making fear matter more in terms of tripping, adding in falling, etc. However if you keep hoping for a Jason kills helpless counselors simulator. You'll probably have to wait for singleplayer against AI counselors.

@Laphin

He made a great video recently talking about organic gameplay and immersion in terms of the game. While its more about the lack of immersion and organic gameplay that comes with shift-grab with counselors against Jason. There is no doubt the game lacks immersion and organic gameplay on BOTH sides.

Jason is still strong no doubt, however the community still has valid arguments in favor of pre-patch Jason.  I can still crush the majority of counselors because they just don't communicate or work as a team in public matches, however taking Jason's ability to free-swing windows or damage counselors going through windows was a bad call and needs to be fixed. If that is done I believe most Jason players will be content, with that being said a good group of counselors will run circles around Jason because of that new window patch.

Mobbing Jason is pretty likely to happen on the small maps, yeah, especially if there are a few players on mics.  It's just very easy for everyone to meet up with gear and weapons then charge the car fearlessly.  On those maps I feel like the pressure is mainly on Jason much more than the counselors.  Not a lot of room for errors, really.