I love Friday the 13th, It's a fantastic game. The gameplay is amazing! The patches are great! New content is phenomenal! There's only one thing that ruins it for me and the rest of the F13 community....And that is "Shift Grabbing".

I can't stand getting shift grabbed, there's no way getting out of it, unless you have a pocket knife. It would be really cool if Jason could get a cooldown for grabs coming right out of the shift. Jason has a cooldown for throwing knives, so how about a cooldown for grabbing after a shift. I think it would be a great solution for shift grabbing.

I think it's ridiculous that Jason can appear out of nowhere like a wizard and BOOM! You're dead. I get it Jason is OP, but shift grabbing makes him more OP than he is. Especially, when there's no counter-play to a shift grab.

Nobody likes dying randomly off a shift grab. Neither do they like having no way to counter it, besides pocket knife.

Here are some great links for everybody to check out.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/6da722/concern_instant_grabkill_after_shift_will_annoy/

http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/topic/2720-jason-shift-insta-grab-problem-how-to-fix/

That's enough ranting from me ?
Everyone have a good night and enjoy killing counselors/escaping Jason.

Well, the camera zooms in when Jason is attempting to Shift Grab you, another way to counter it is to throw fire crackers down right when the camera goes in. That way, Jason has to turn at the last second to grab you. This doesn't always work, but it's a nice way to keep Jason off you a bit.

When he's shifting don't run the same way. I usually run around in a circle and then pick a different direction to run in. Barely ever get shift grabbed.

@Alkavian has started putting together a handy dandy strategy guide in the thread listed above. I highly recommend checking it out, as he has some pretty useful tactics to counter getting shift-grabbed. Hope it helps.

1 hour ago, MotorCityMadman said:

There's only one thing that ruins it for me and the rest of the F13 community....And that is "Shift Grabbing".

You don't speak for the F13 community. 

• Like 3

Shift grabbing is avoidable. If it happens too often, you are likely putting yourself in bad situations. Alkavian's guide is good information on how to dodge one, but make sure you don't make yourself an easy target. Use intervening terrain and remain unpredictable.  Limit your exposure in the wide open spaces as much as possible and don't run out of stamina if possible.

Avoiding a shift grab is actually fairly easy. Just zig zag, make a few sharp turns, or my favorite, start running right at him. Elite Jason's will def land shift grabs because they will be stalking you and do it from a distance. I have been caught off guard a few times (mostly from part 9) but it certainly isn't OP. 

Edit: Also, the battle counselor meta is evolving. With proper timing, you can pop combat stance, attack, and stun Jason coming out of a shift. It's marvelous. 

• Like 1

Most of the time I run in his direction when he tries to shift, it's a bold move but most of the time it works. Or as soon as I know he's about to grab me I either run left or right.

Shift grab is cheezy, as much for how it looks as how it plays.  You can zigzag around and get away from it quite often, but it doesn't feel very Friday the 13th somehow to have Jason turn into a ghost and fly around then magically appear in front of someone.  It doesn't mirror the jumpscare of the movies.  That's what stalk is for.  Frankly it's just a clumsy way to keep Jason strong when dealing with fast counselors running around objects in circles and, as such, is kind of baked into the cake now. 

• Like 1

See the guide Alkavian made.  It gives a good path and explains how to avoid it.  I don't mind the shift grab as it is an art that some have perfected. 

2 hours ago, PrettyBoyNick said:

Avoiding a shift grab is actually fairly easy. Just zig zag, make a few sharp turns, or my favorite, start running right at him. Elite Jason's will def land shift grabs because they will be stalking you and do it from a distance. I have been caught off guard a few times (mostly from part 9) but it certainly isn't OP. 

Edit: Also, the battle counselor meta is evolving. With proper timing, you can pop combat stance, attack, and stun Jason coming out of a shift. It's marvelous. 

I actually stunned a very damn good Jason player three times the other night coming out of shift.  It was very entertaining.  I think it may have been the first time it has happened to him.  Seemed very shocked.  

4 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I actually stunned a very damn good Jason player three times the other night coming out of shift.  It was very entertaining.  I think it may have been the first time it has happened to him.  Seemed very shocked.  

Lol nice! I only like to do it if I have a pocket knife (I haven't quite mastered it, I feel like it is reactionary) but I have landed it twice. It happened to me as Jason the other night and I immediately knew this player knew what the fuck was up! lol

2 hours ago, MotorCityMadman said:

I love Friday the 13th, It's a fantastic game. The gameplay is amazing! The patches are great! New content is phenomenal! There's only one thing that ruins it for me and the rest of the F13 community....And that is "Shift Grabbing".

I can't stand getting shift grabbed, there's no way getting out of it, unless you have a pocket knife. It would be really cool if Jason could get a cooldown for grabs coming right out of the shift. Jason has a cooldown for throwing knives, so how about a cooldown for grabbing after a shift. I think it would be a great solution for shift grabbing.

I think it's ridiculous that Jason can appear out of nowhere like a wizard and BOOM! You're dead. I get it Jason is OP, but shift grabbing makes him more OP than he is. Especially, when there's no counter-play to a shift grab.

Nobody likes dying randomly off a shift grab. Neither do they like having no way to counter it, besides pocket knife.

Here are some great links for everybody to check out.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/6da722/concern_instant_grabkill_after_shift_will_annoy/

http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/topic/2720-jason-shift-insta-grab-problem-how-to-fix/

That's enough ranting from me ?
Everyone have a good night and enjoy killing counselors/escaping Jason.

I am not going to waste my time and repeat what has been said on these forums multiple times by people replying to these type threads. With that said, the only thing I have left to say is NO! NO! NO!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

You don't speak for the F13 community. 

My thoughts exactly. Like everyone else says, a shift grab actually isn't that difficult to avoid. As long as you keep an eye on your mini-map and look behind you every now and then while Jason is chasing you, you can probably avoid 90% of his shift grab attempts. If Jason enters stalk mode and shift grabs you out of nowhere, I simply consider that a strategic use of shift grab; more power to the Jason player for knowing how to utilize all of his abilities.

21 minutes ago, PrettyBoyNick said:

Lol nice! I only like to do it if I have a pocket knife (I haven't quite mastered it, I feel like it is reactionary) but I have landed it twice. It happened to me as Jason the other night and I immediately knew this player knew what the fuck was up! lol

It is very tricky to time, but most really good Jasons know to lead a running victim, so I just watch the red marker and swing away.  Most of the time, it is a direct connect on the first attempt.  But, if you miss....you know what the outcome is.  I can imagine that "what just happened?" moment for the Jason player.  It is kinda like being able to sneak up with Tommy and stunning him with the gun from about half a football field away.  Lol.  

3 hours ago, MotorCityMadman said:

EvergreenMaleIberianemeraldlizard-small.

anigif_enhanced-8965-1484063239-2.gif?do

• Like 3

Already a lot of threads about this. Please use the search function.

• Like 1