Sign in to follow this  
OedonSleep

Part V Imposter Jason Suggestion

Part V "Jason" always posed a problem for this game. He throws a wrench into the game mechanics and ambiance in all sorts of ways, plus people don't respond as strongly to a copycat, compared to the real deal.

So here's my solution: turn the copycat into a Tommy Jarvis style powerup for the more nefarious counselor. Put an item/phone/whatever that, if a counselor activates it, allows them to continue after death as the imposter.

Example: Chad finds "Dad's" emergency phone. Uses it to call "Dad" for help, crying he's gonna die. Chad dies. "Dad" shows up, vengeful, angry, but human.

Now counselors have a new problem to worry about, more players stick out matches, and players who want to be Jason have another chance to get the playstyle they want.

I imagine the copycat would be intuitive to play. You're human, an armed counselor is dangerous, but you'd be a bit tougher. Not immortal, but durable. Not supernatural, but quick. And you wouldn't be the biggest fish in this lake. Jason wouldn't take kindly to poachers on his turf.

What do you guys think?

Edit: Thanks for pointing out the search function, I didn't know other people has come to same conclusion before. At any rate I hope the devs find a way to incorporate Roy without compromising their design for the game.

No thanks, Roy ever makes this game he definitely needs to be his own "Jason". He was a badass. A lot of topics here on Roy, look through a few of them and you will see many reasons why. Also having one homicidal maniac per round is plenty.