Killerfalcon74

Community's opinion on spawn killing?

I don't mind whatever rules groups of friends want to play by in private matches, of course! So, no worries.

One thing is this... some find it to be a wonderful thrill to get an early kill. It's like found money. Or waking up to some great news.

"Awww, this counselor just fell right into my lap... it's my lucky day!"

It's the same thrill you might get from finding a pocket knife in your first drawer! :D

Hehe, I'm just sayin'! Plus, I do really find it odd to hold Jason to such standards, while the counselors are all free to do whatever they can during that time period.

No hate or anything from me about it though. It's not like it really happens all that much, but I just don't see any point to this rule (that's for each person to decide though). I just don't like the slant of it.

Spawn CAMPING is foul play in games. And the only instance of that in this game is if a Jason player knows Tommy's spawn points and intentionally heads to them to kill Tommy before the player has control (never seen this or had it done to me or anything, but I was surprised to read about it on the forums, heh!).

Peoples is peoples!

I had no idea there was anything wrong with killing a counselor at the beginning of a game. For me, the sooner you kill them, the less of them there are to gang up on you later.  

This is not a dick move. A dick move is when someone says they are going AFK, and Jason puts a trap behind them. Counselor comes back and hits the trap. A dick move is killing Tommy Jarvis before the movie even stops playing (he spawns at the same time the movie starts playing). A dick move is killing a counselor that is glitched somewhere. A dick move is taking advantage of exploits. 

Killing a counselor at the very beginning of a game is just "playing the game."

• Like 2

Even as Lachappa you should not have much trouble playing keep away from Jason in the early game before he gets Shift. The only way Jason is going to kill you at the start of the match is if he hits you with a few knives before you can get a healing item, or you just stop moving and let him catch you. Because of this, I don't even seriously try to kill anyone until I'm about to unlock Shift. Now, if Jason tries to tunnel you like this early on you probably will die eventually but chances are the police will be called in that time so your team will ultimately win.

1 hour ago, Nomadder said:

I don't mind whatever rules groups of friends want to play by in private matches, of course! So, no worries.

One thing is this... some find it to be a wonderful thrill to get an early kill. It's like found money. Or waking up to some great news.

"Awww, this counselor just fell right into my lap... it's my lucky day!"

It's the same thrill you might get from finding a pocket knife in your first drawer! :D

Hehe, I'm just sayin'! Plus, I do really find it odd to hold Jason to such standards, while the counselors are all free to do whatever they can during that time period.

No hate or anything from me about it though. It's not like it really happens all that much, but I just don't see any point to this rule (that's for each person to decide though). I just don't like the slant of it.

Spawn CAMPING is foul play in games. And the only instance of that in this game is if a Jason player knows Tommy's spawn points and intentionally heads to them to kill Tommy before the player has control (never seen this or had it done to me or anything, but I was surprised to read about it on the forums, heh!).

Peoples is peoples!

Exactly man. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it. I'm not judging anyone for doing it. It's just within my circle, we don't. It's a curtesy we extend to each other. I imagine  many of the people who defend it also play alot of quick matches. I don't blame them. I've seen these quick matches and it wouldn't take much to jade a person on there lol. 

And in response to the whole "quick death vs quick escape" arguement, I do see a difference.

It's similar to sitting in a chair quietly vs being put in a time out. 

It's like giving away your last Capri-Sun vs someone taking it from you. 

Is Jason's game ruined when he doesn't kill everyone? That seems to be what everyone is saying here. "If you let him go once, he might escape!" So? I care about the people I play with. If two of them escape, GOOD!

Maybe that's where I differ. I genuinely feel bad when I drop 8. It's easy. Not bragging, and it definitely doesn't happen every game, but it's not hard to do by any means. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2017 at 6:05 PM, Killerfalcon74 said:

Personally, I don't mind if Jason begins chasing me before I've searched one drawer. I'm glad to be the distraction while everyone goes to the untrapped objectives. 

My girlfriend, however, can't stand it. She's unlucky and it always seems to be her lol. 

So My group will kick people who do this. I'm not trying to police Jason. He can kill my however he wants. I just consider it bad sportsmanship. 

I was just wondering if my group is the only one who does this? 

"Kill them Jason! Make them suffer like we did!" - Pamela Voorhees 

If you spawn near the main house, car with four seats or the phone GTFO. Come back later. Good Jason's are coming to trap the area! Or even better hide! Until Jason gets Sense he won't be able to find you. 

I love killing people who tell me how to play as Jason. One player asked "What's with all the slashing?" Because my plan is to chop you until your limping before grabbing you. That way you need a health spray AND a pocket knife to survive. I made a baby's cry over the mic and chopped him to death. I explained later to the lobby after the match that if you're complaining about slashing you have a pocket knife. My second favorite is the kids who ask to team up because I have them cornered and they haven't learned how to play yet. So their solution is "I guess I will just cheat." My answer to them is always brief and brutal. I kill them and say "I will kill them all anyway but thanks."  Then there is the host who wants to run the game. "If you kill me I will quit." He says right before he realizes I do not negotiate with game terrorists. "Ask me if I care." I say as I tear his jaw out to a black screen. I love hearing "Hey Jason smash the power box and I will repair it. If we do it over and over we can get more XP!" I smash the power box and let the poor misguided soul start reparing the power box only to be grabbed and murdered to the sound of me saying "I don't need new pants." Another one of my favorite things is when the group says whoever is Jason the next match let us kill you. I never acknowledge that I will let anyone kill me but if the match starts I stand by the car and wait. When the first counselor shows up I say "Hit me" then I grab and kill them. When the second one runs up I say "Hit me" if he or she asks "Why you kill this guy?" I say "He wanted to be Tommy." Then I kill that person too. Then I Morph away from the bodies and wait some more. I have killed half the field with this tactic in a match before they realized I wasn't playing kill the Jason. When they ask "Why did you kill everyone." I say "I didn't say I was going to let you kill me." In short Jason is the killer. He kills you. That is what he does. I recommend running.

• Like 2

I don't have a problem with it, myself.

Sure, it sucks if you die within a minute of a game starting (had that a couple times) but it's certainly a learning experience.

Few things beat the terrified rush of spawning next to the car AND the fuse box. Even when I'm Eric, I beat feet outta there as fast as humanly possible and go search a quieter spot.

A Jason coming after you that early doesn't have his Shift up even, so don't be afraid to straight line book it away to a cabin or two. Worst mistake is to try to be clever or play ring-a-rosy in a circle, when it doesn't matter if he can't do more than a light jog as he can corner you when you run out of stamina anyway.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nomadder said:

Peoples is peoples!

Here you go. They thought I was cheating with hacks lol:lol:

7 hours ago, Killerfalcon74 said:

2 morphs people. That's all I ask for. That's like 60 seconds.

If you're on PS4 feel free to add me. 

I don't play this game competitively, just for fun.

• Like 2

On 9/13/2017 at 2:49 AM, Killerfalcon74 said:

Maybe that's where I differ. I genuinely feel bad when I drop 8. It's easy. Not bragging, and it definitely doesn't happen every game, but it's not hard to do by any means. 

Ah, see, I think we found a root psychological difference here! This is why I love talking, listening, and sharing thoughts. Thanks for the reply!

See, I honestly feel bad for a Jason player any time someone escapes! :D If any more than 1-2 escape, I do feel badly for that Jason player... and I also sort of feel a responsibility (a fun responsibility, mind you) to do my best to live up to Jason's legacy.

And this is all just about feel for me. The game is huge on feel. As a counselor, I love seeing Jason win. I mean, sure, I try and do my best (and may get caught up just as much as in any fun video game when things don't go my way, haha), but the biggest part of my enjoyment is that feel of Jason being a legendary horror slasher. And I'd rather lose every damn match as a counselor than see more than 2 people escape from anyone else playing Jason. :D

Now, I don't ask other players to shift their playing in favor of what I want to see. I just enjoy playing the game, from the beginning to the end. 

My style of play is truly not about being competitive. I've never been a leader-board type person, I think badges/achievements are for deranged lunatics that shouldn't play games that I play (half joking about that, lol, but I really don't need 'em, don't like 'em, and always hope games don't get caught up in catering to those who do obsess... i mean like... them!!). So, I don't like how some, of different mindsets, lump anyone who is in favor of Jason killing right away as just being competitive players (never mind some of the more insulting things people have said about it). Believe me, I don't get ego boosts from how I play a video game!!!! :lol:

I just don't see it as a bad thing or a punishment to get killed, as a counselor, in this game.

I see it sort of like this... I'm not going to feel badly about being dunked on by Jordan. Jason can kill me. It's fun. I'll be back at it next match.

And we could paint people not wanting to be killed in the first minute as taking the game too seriously. I'm just pointing out that anyone on either side of this can make that case. That's what people do when they find differences and don't want to understand each other, preferring to cast dispersion instead.

ALL that being said... the amount of times I'll kill someone within the first minute are very few and far between... and certainly understand not going after anyone during that time. For me, it's all a decision in the moment. If I think it is worth it, for whatever reason, I may do it. I also may let them go. I mean, I especially understand it amongst friends that are playing round after round together. To me, everything is situational.

Still... bottom line... I enjoy Jason getting 8/8, whether I am Jason or not. And I feel bad when it goes otherwise, whether I am Jason or not.

Just how we're built, I guess! :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nomadder said:

Ah, see, I think we found a root psychological difference here! This is why I love talking, listening, and sharing thoughts. Thanks for the reply!

See, I honestly feel bad for a Jason player any time someone escapes! :D If any more than 1-2 escape, I do feel badly for that Jason player... and I also sort of feel a responsibility (a fun responsibility, mind you) to do my best to live up to Jason's legacy.

And this is all just about feel for me. The game is huge on feel. As a counselor, I love seeing Jason win. I mean, sure, I try and do my best (and may get caught up just as much as in any fun video game when things don't go my way, haha), but the biggest part of my enjoyment is that feel of Jason being a legendary horror slasher. And I'd rather lose every damn match as a counselor than see more than 2 people escape from anyone else playing Jason. :D

Now, I don't ask other players to shift their playing in favor of what I want to see. I just enjoy playing the game, from the beginning to the end. 

My style of play is truly not about being competitive. I've never been a leader-board type person, I think badges/achievements are for deranged lunatics that shouldn't play games that I play (half joking about that, lol, but I really don't need 'em, don't like 'em, and always hope games don't get caught up in catering to those who do obsess... i mean like... them!!). So, I don't like how some, of different mindsets, lump anyone who is in favor of Jason killing right away as just being competitive players (never mind some of the more insulting things people have said about it). Believe me, I don't get ego boosts from how I play a video game!!!! :lol:

I just don't see it as a bad thing or a punishment to get killed, as a counselor, in this game.

I see it sort of like this... I'm not going to feel badly about being dunked on by Jordan. Jason can kill me. It's fun. I'll be back at it next match.

And we could paint people not wanting to be killed in the first minute as taking the game too seriously. I'm just pointing out that anyone on either side of this can make that case. That's what people do when they find differences and don't want to understand each other, preferring to cast dispersion instead.

ALL that being said... the amount of times I'll kill someone within the first minute are very few and far between... and certainly understand not going after anyone during that time. For me, it's all a decision in the moment. If I think it is worth it, for whatever reason, I may do it. I also may let them go. I mean, I especially understand it amongst friends that are playing round after round together. To me, everything is situational.

Still... bottom line... I enjoy Jason getting 8/8, whether I am Jason or not. And I feel bad when it goes otherwise, whether I am Jason or not.

Just how we're built, I guess! :D

Well written. Honestly, I agree with most of your points. The exception being the 8/8 thing. How many Jason movies are there where no one survived? I can't name one. It has been a long time since I watched them, though, so It could be true.

As far as the leaderboards go, I would welcome the addition. Not for competitive reasons. More for personal tracking. I would love to see my knife throw accuracy or number or most car starts in one g are. Some interesting stats, you understand. 

You seem like an enjoyable player, Nomadder. We are always looking for more fun people on Xbox. Especially now that all my friends are playing destiny ?