I've tried to search to make sure this hasn't been mentioned yet and didn't see anything, if anyone else has seen a similar topic tell me and I'll delete this. so I've noticed illfonic making a lot of chad digs and references, the achievement named after him, the tip referring to him, and on their website with the pictures of the mocap actors it said "now imagine that's chad" and in several other ways. why are they making such a big deal about the preppy guy? what is the importance of chad that they are hinting at? I need to know. If anyone else has noticed these things please tell me your thoughts, please.

1 minute ago, TheButtonMasher said:

I think there's a bit of a difference.

A sweater vest that's it.

• Like 1

Just now, Y34RX3R0 said:

If you disagree with me. Youre literally Hitler 

Huh. I mean I'm British so I'm the biggest traitor ever, but huh.

1 hour ago, jedicurt said:

I've tried to search to make sure this hasn't been mentioned yet and didn't see anything, if anyone else has seen a similar topic tell me and I'll delete this. so I've noticed illfonic making a lot of chad digs and references, the achievement named after him, the tip referring to him, and on their website with the pictures of the mocap actors it said "now imagine that's chad" and in several other ways. why are they making such a big deal about the preppy guy? what is the importance of chad that they are hinting at? I need to know. If anyone else has noticed these things please tell me your thoughts, please.

Chad has gotten quite a bit of a following and I believe it stems from the infamous "chad face" at the beginning of each match. Just google "chad face" and you'll see tons of images of it (no need to include "Friday the 13th" to help filter the search). Chad is also the easiest counselor to role play as due to his character design. He looks like a rich snob that would probably abandon everyone at the first sign of trouble. Ironically, he's also arguably the best protector due to his high luck and speed which may be a smaller factor in his popularity. I don't think they're hinting at anything; they're just aware of his popularity and are using it.

Chad's just basically the major meme of all of Friday the 13th Game. Basically, when you think FT13TH Game, first thing you see is Chad's THICC opening face.

• Like 2

I feel like a lot of trolls play as Chad too, for some reason. Any time I've ever been team killed, had the car/boat stolen from me, etc. it was by someone playing as Chad.

I recently started using him as my secondary and he's quite fun to play as. Easy to get a few swings in on Jason, but he's so damn loud. ;)

Chad plays to the stereotypical rich, spoiled, bratty, douchey, bully everyone in the U.S. loves to hate in cinema. He is the F13 Game meme because we can't wait for him to die.

161939_55189805724_6289161_n.jpg

"Chad" in Revenge of the Nerds.

13087_2.jpg

"Chad" in Up the Creek.

2-travis-van-winkle-friday-the-13th-2009

"Chad"

002VWL_Daniel_Cosgrove_012.jpg

"Chad" in Van Wilder.

brad-night-of-the-creeps.jpg

"Chad" in Night of the Creeps.

He's a shifty bastard. Also confused with his equally douchey brother "Chip".

EDIT:

shooter_mcgavin_feture.jpg?quality=80

"Chad" all grown up in Happy Gilmore.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

If we all do our job right, Chad will never get to be a grown up...

1 hour ago, Tiffany said:

I feel like a lot of trolls play as Chad too, for some reason. Any time I've ever been team killed, had the car/boat stolen from me, etc. it was by someone playing as Chad.

I recently started using him as my secondary and he's quite fun to play as. Easy to get a few swings in on Jason, but he's so damn loud. ;)

Chad's actually not that loud but if you're used to using counselors like AJ or Tiffany, I suppose everyone else is somewhat loud. Chad has a stealth of 6 which really isn't bad although you will make some noise when moving. If you wanna see loud, use Vanessa or Buggzy, that warrants the quote "so damn loud".

1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

Chad plays to the stereotypical rich, spoiled, bratty, douchey, bully everyone in the U.S. loves to hate in cinema. He is the F13 Game meme because we can't wait for him to die.

13087_2.jpg

"Chad" in Up the Creek.

"Chad"

"Chad" in Van Wilder.

EDIT:

You forgot Bradley Cooper in Wedding Crashers.

• Like 1

That would be hilarious if one morning an update got rid of chad out of the game all together.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alkavian said:

13087_2.jpg

"Chad" in Up the Creek.

"Chad"

"Chad" in Van Wilder.

EDIT:

Dont forget johnny from karate kid though johnny was a badass rich kid while chad is a wimp would be nice to see a tough johnny type character in the game going with Brandon and adam

tmp_674-Johnny_Karate+Kid.jpg.cf1351534875.jpg

37 minutes ago, Blackbird68 said:

Dont forget johnny from karate kid though johnny was a badass rich kid while chad is a wimp would be nice to see a tough johnny type character in the game going with Brandon and adam

tmp_674-Johnny_Karate+Kid.jpg.cf1351534875.jpg

Why hello there "Chad"! Nice one @Blackbird68

2 hours ago, Tattooey said:

That would be hilarious if one morning an update got rid of chad out of the game all together.

There would probably be a riot and accusations of Savini Chad's being leaked that people could still play...<_<;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

There would probably be a riot and accusations of Savini Chad's being leaked that people could still play...<_<;)

I was just joking :P

• Like 1