Perhaps it's just me, but I find when I'm Jason an taking my axe to the fortified door it can take five to six LONG hits and to go through all that for the counsellor to just jump out the window and run away or even see the waiting flare gun/shotgun/melee attack/bear trap waiting is just underwhelming. Granted you can normally catch up and catch them or put traps down at the windows but I would love it (from the POV of Jason & the Counsellor) if Jason had more power and a surprise appearance ability. Like he can go invisible (an in the interest of fairness be unable to attack) then suddenly appear and smash the door in with two to three hits, causing panic and excitement. 

To me, Jason can't really be to OP. 

Thoughts?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BigRed said:

Perhaps it's just me, but I find when I'm Jason an taking my axe to the fortified door it can take five to six LONG hits and to go through all that for the counsellor to just jump out the window and run away or even see the waiting flare gun/shotgun/melee attack/bear trap waiting is just underwhelming. Granted you can normally catch up and catch them or put traps down at the windows but I would love it (from the POV of Jason & the Counsellor) if Jason had more power and a surprise appearance ability. Like he can go invisible (an in the interest of fairness be unable to attack) then suddenly appear and smash the door in with two to three hits, causing panic and excitement. 

To me, Jason can't really be to OP. 

Thoughts?

Um NO, jason is already OP. He can already morph super fast and diff ones have pros and cons. Some can knock doors down in 3 hits and others cant. Have you even played as other jasons? if so you would know that. Break windows and knock down doors a player will eventually try and leave the house to escape. What do you think that people trying to survive should not have any ways to avoid from being caught? Lmao

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gamergal1591 said:

Um NO, jason is already OP. He can already morph super fast and diff ones have pros and cons. Some can knock doors down in 3 hits and others cant. Have you even played as other jasons? if so you would know that. Break windows and knock down doors a player will eventually try and leave the house to escape. What do you think that people trying to survive should not have any ways to avoid from being caught? Lmao

Yeah, I've had a go or two of each of the Jason's and settled on Part 3 for myself. It's rare I get Jason and rare I finish a match due to the host quitting. 

Re-attach that ass because no, I don't think there should be no way to avoid being caught but it should be really difficult. Essentially in fleeing if your stamina runs out or you're injured, you're dead. If you do not time your attack correctly on Jason, you're dead. 

For example, in Star Wars: Battlefront when you got a hero or villain it's all about being OP and that's what makes it fun. Jason should be the same, not taking ages to knock down a door. Even a grab struggle through the door when it's half broken in would be more fun than just waiting. It's like the long run around the tables. 

5 hours ago, BigRed said:

Yeah, I've had a go or two of each of the Jason's and settled on Part 3 for myself. It's rare I get Jason and rare I finish a match due to the host quitting. 

Re-attach that ass because no, I don't think there should be no way to avoid being caught but it should be really difficult. Essentially in fleeing if your stamina runs out or you're injured, you're dead. If you do not time your attack correctly on Jason, you're dead. 

For example, in Star Wars: Battlefront when you got a hero or villain it's all about being OP and that's what makes it fun. Jason should be the same, not taking ages to knock down a door. Even a grab struggle through the door when it's half broken in would be more fun than just waiting. It's like the long run around the tables. 

Jason is OP if your gabbed your basically screwed. If he could just automatically go through doors right off then you would really have no chance, DUH. Thats what rage is for in the middle of the game. The game is very balanced and you seem to just be whining. lol sorry 

• Like 1

Just now, gamergal1591 said:

Jason is OP if your gabbed your basically screwed. If he could just automatically go through doors right off then you would really have no chance, DUH. Thats what rage is for in the middle of the game. The game is very balanced and you seem to just be whining. lol sorry 

Right, for starters I'm not whining, you're not sorry, and you're*, twice. 

If you're grabbed you're not screwed. You have pocket knifes, other counsollers, and you have the chance to break free. Nor did I state that you should be able to walk through in one like in rage mode, I said less hits than five. 

"DUH."

• Like 1

It would be nice if Jason could reach through the hole in the door and remove the barricade as an alternative to fully breaking down the door. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BigRed said:

If you're grabbed you're not screwed. You have pocket knifes, other counsollers, and you have the chance to break free. Nor did I state that you should be able to walk through in one like in rage mode, I said less hits than five. 

"DUH."

I like the way you reply. LOL.

I play part 3 Jason as well! I HATE how sometimes Jason misses the door and it takes 7+ hits to break the door down. But the normal 5 hits is alright for me, personally. I just go into combat stance to avoid the long and overdrawn animation.

I often use my sense around the 3rd hit however, to make sure the counselor is still in the house, have you ever tried that?

I also think something should be added to balance out how counselors can hit Jason through a door, but rarely can he do the same.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

It would be nice if Jason could reach through the hole in the door and remove the barricade as an alternative to fully breaking down the door. 

I don't mind smashing the door down to be honest. A mini-game of grabbing the councellor  which could result in an execution or something would be pretty cool but I'm more than content with a couple of hits less on the door. 

27 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

I like the way you reply. LOL.

I play part 3 Jason as well! I HATE how sometimes Jason misses the door and it takes 7+ hits to break the door down. But the normal 5 hits is alright for me, personally. I just go into combat stance to avoid the long and overdrawn animation.

I often use my sense around the 3rd hit however, to make sure the counselor is still in the house, have you ever tried that?

I also think something should be added to balance out how counselors can hit Jason through a door, but rarely can he do the same.

Thank you, BetsyPalmer, an intellectual. 

I'm almost ready to unlock Part 9 Jason but I'll only go him once to get the trophy for playing as each of the Jason's as I really don't like the others personally. Part 2 is good but I prefer 3. 

Yeah, the door breaking is annoying. I normally press and hold the strike the button to try avoid the wild swings. Will try the combat stance approach too. 

Yeah, I use my sense a lot. I normally have no problem as Part 3 Jason, capturing and killing between five and seven each time now but it's when you've laid traps at the windows or have a few well armed councellors waiting for you so the second the door is broken through; firecrackers, flare gun, shotgun, bear trap, and they jump out the window. 

I've never been hit through the door before to be honest as I either get a run away or as mentioned above the ready for battle type. They have tried to hit me through the door but either due to the animation or the door they haven't been successful. 

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

At the cost of being vulnerable to attack.

Ooooh! I like this!

21 hours ago, BigRed said:

"DUH."

Pointing out spell checks do not take away from my point, Stop whining. knifes are rare and most of the time all you have to do is grab and walk away from a character trying to swing at you and do a kill. Jason should have to break down doors to give players a chance. The end. 

1 minute ago, gamergal1591 said:

Pointing out spell checks do not take away from my point, Stop whining. knifes are rare and most of the time all you have to do is grab and walk away from a character trying to swing at you and do a kill. Jason should have to break down doors to give players a chance. The end. 

Nor does my point just because you state "The end." It's not whining, which is why I asked for thoughts. It was for a discussion, which I'm having with someone else who agrees. "Lmao", "DUH", "the end."

Mmkay? Mmkay. 

4 minutes ago, BigRed said:

Nor does my point just because you state "The end." It's not whining, which is why I asked for thoughts. It was for a discussion, which I'm having with someone else who agrees. "Lmao", "DUH", "the end."

Mmkay? Mmkay. 

Does not mean others cannot point out your whining and stupid point, the end. 

Just now, gamergal1591 said:

Does not mean others cannot point out your whining and stupid point, the end. 

It's just you though... :-/

On 9/10/2017 at 8:59 AM, BigRed said:

I find when I'm Jason an taking my axe to the fortified door it can take five to six LONG hits

So pick a different Jason....

On 9/10/2017 at 8:59 AM, BigRed said:

Like he can go invisible (an in the interest of fairness be unable to attack) then suddenly appear

umm.... like shifting...?

Just now, Truth said:

Already said I don't like the other Jason's. 

No, not like shifting because I don't want to hurl along at a ridiculous speed. Essentially Stalkinh but invisible to mimic the classic horror movie 'appears beside tree/vanishes on second look' thing. 

1 minute ago, Truth said:

Lmao if you use shift and stalk at the same time... Jason will do exactly what your saying @BigRed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigRed said:

Already said I don't like the other Jason's. 

then suck it up...

• Like 1

Just now, ZiG ZaG said:

Lmao if you use shift and stalk at the same time... Jason will do exactly what your saying @BigRed

Apologies, as I've clearly not made my point clear enough. 

Essentially the stalk ability without being visible to the players. 

Just now, Truth said:

then suck it up...

I thought this was the discussion part of the forums? Where people discuss things in the game. 

Mental idea thinking it wouldn't have assholes. 

6 minutes ago, BigRed said:

Apologies, as I've clearly not made my point clear enough. 

That is why you use stalk then shift. During shift you are invisible.. correct? During shift you cannot attack until you appear.., correct? During stalk no one can hear you... correct?

Sounds like your suggestions is already in the game man.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BigRed said:

I thought this was the discussion part of the forums

This is suggestions....

7 minutes ago, BigRed said:

So you have absolutely no idea that Jason is anywhere near you? How do you survive if you never know where he is...?

Just now, ZiG ZaG said:

That is why you use stalk then shift. During shift you are invisible.. correct? During shift you cannot attack until you appear.., correct? During stalk no one can hear you... correct?

Sounds like your suggestions is already in the game man.

I'm under the belief that when you use stalk you can still physically see Jason, it just doesn't play his music? When shifting you are moving, the idea was not to be moving like shift AND invisible. 

Just now, BigRed said:

I'm under the belief that when you use stalk you can still physically see Jason, it just doesn't play his music? When shifting you are moving, the idea was not to be moving like shift AND invisible. 

Learn2controll the shift. They will not add something that is already in the game. Simple.