Yoda

Jason Part 4 Theories?

124 posts in this topic

What're your theories for the new Jason in the upcoming update? Such as the new custom kills, his strengths, weaknesses etc.

I hope his strengths are:

+Can Run (most likely will)

+Destruction

+Shift

His weaknesses could be:

-Grip strength (part 4 actor was less bulky than 3)

-Morph

-Stun resistance

His weapon kills could be using a meat cleaver and lodging it into the counselor's face (poor crispin glover), and slitting the counselor's throat and twisting it a full 180.

Just learned his weapon will be the meat cleaver used on Crispin! Even better news!

Jason Part 4

Strengths:

+Stalk

+Can Run

+Sense

Weaknesses:

-Hit Points

-Grip Strength

-Morph

1 person likes this

Part 4 

strengths

+ run

+ Stalk

+ destruction

weaknesses

- HP

- morph

- stun resistance 

1 person likes this

Strengths:

Can Run

Morph

Sense

Weaknesses:

Shift

Stalk

Stun Resistance 

My reasoning is that if he can run, then shift needs to be nerfed for balancing. The sense is a strength since part 3's sense is a weakness and I find sense to be very useful when it comes to sound pings. Morph is a strength since only part 2 has morph as a strength and it should add some variety.

Part IV needs normal or buffed Stun Resistance because he took many blows without falling down. When he grabbed Tommy it took Trish a lot of hammer strikes to free her brother.

It's confirmed by @wes that it's a pig slicer as his weapon watch slash n casts video on it

I'd go for:

* Can Run

* Morph+

* Destruction

* Shift-

* Low HP

* Traps-

Having an extra Morpher and extra Destruction Jason (disregarding Savini) gives people who want those traits more options.

He'd need to lose traps to balance him out, and also differentiate him from Part 2 who he'd also share the Shift-.

Shift- is essential, as otherwise with Run and Morph+, his mobility would be too strong.

Run is essential as a human Jason, and low HP is a nod to him being the last 'mortal' Jason, and being definitively killed.

Running, Morphing, and kicking in doors means he'd be the most dangerous Jason in the early game, but having low traps, health, and a lack of Shift means he'd be weaker later on.

Pig splitter...I really am liking the name of this weapon & it's different from the axes we already have. 

4 people like this

When you guys say run do you actually mean jog like part 3 and 2 or actually sprint run?

1 person likes this

He needs to be able to sprint imo and have a stamina bar like the counselors do, to make him completely different than the other Jasons and he should have low morph and shift abilities, lower than any other Jason to balance him out due to his sprinting ability imo. 

3 people like this

30 minutes ago, TheReaper666 said:

He needs to be able to sprint imo and have a stamina bar like the counselors do, to make him completely different than the other Jasons and he should have low morph and shift abilities, lower than any other Jason to balance him out due to his sprinting ability imo. 

I Agree completely I think he should sprint and when the bar runs out he jogs like the other two that would definitely be a new addition

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Blackbird68 said:

When you guys say run do you actually mean jog like part 3 and 2 or actually sprint run?

Jog.

Changing the subject, I would like to see Part 4 without a Grip Strength weakness, but I don't know which disadvantage would replace it :(. Can you guys help me out?

I've been thinking more about Jason's 4 weaknesses and strengths, and I hope the developers give him a strength we haven't seen yet.

Destruction for example was a big surprise when they announced all the Jason's stats before release date. We never saw that in the beta. Only part 8 has it, including Savini. And it makes them both somewhat unique, so I'm thinking with out drastically changing the way Jason 4 plays, what else can they do to enhance or take away some of his strengths.

Here's my new take on Part 4

Strengths

+ Running

+ Stalk

+ Silent steps.

Weaknesses

- HP

- defence

- Grip strength 

I think a new ability should be Silent steps. How would this work. Well it's not an ability Jason 4 earns. he just starts with it, and keeps it the entire game.

In addition maybe they can also minimize J4 music radius by 20% 

Now imagine being a Councillor, you're at Packanack, and Jason morphs by, but you don't know he's there, until he's standing at the door.  You panic and run upstairs, and hide. Jason enters stalk mode, and this combined with his Silent steps, tricks you into thinking he's gone, as currently all Jason's lumbering footsteps can be a dead give away that he's still around in stalk mode. You can hear when Jason is inside a cabin, as it produces a stomping sound that's different inside vs outside. So by making J4 silent, or near silent that would take away this audio cue that a lot of people listen too, even if they don't realize it.

I think this ability would make J4 the scariest Jason, and he deserves that title. 

Sprint + Jog + Shift would be stupidly broken.  I get that Jason is meant to be OP, but that would virtually eliminate the evasion tactics that are available to the counselors.

Best guess for strengths/Weaknesses

Strengths:

- Can Run

- Improved stalking

- Improved shifting (to reflect his speed from part 4)

Weaknesses 

- reduced destruction

- Weak against stuns (supported in movie by his tendency for hesitation and confusion during the final act)

-  Reduced Swim Speed (to balance increased shift)

For one if your running around with stalk your using it wrong if you stand still stalk lasts for ages, but yes pt4 is the quietest Jason ever. Yet with a big old axe wound to the head easier to hurt and stun (a young kid kills him) (Tommy)

+Stalk, +run, +grab

-hp, -stun resistance, 4 traps

Not sure what else i like the quieter steps thing some else said and maybe slow in the water not that with the smaller maps water even matters anymore

24 minutes ago, Dandan10 said:

For one if your running around with stalk your using it wrong if you stand still stalk lasts for ages, but yes pt4 is the quietest Jason ever. Yet with a big old axe wound to the head easier to hurt and stun (a young kid kills him) (Tommy)

+Stalk, +run, +grab

-hp, -stun resistance, 4 traps

Not sure what else i like the quieter steps thing some else said and maybe slow in the water not that with the smaller maps water even matters anymore

Yes Stalk is really designed for Jason to stand still, and wait around corners or outside windows.

However with my idea about Silent Steps. this would also work even with out stalk mode. Because even though you will hear Jason's proximity music you can't tell exactly where he is, is he inside the cabin, or is he outside?

I recently jumpscared a councillor without stalk, just by waiting at the bottom of the stairs inside packinack. The councillor ran right into my grab. The guy knew I was around, but he  thought I was outside, and he just ran right into me. Scared the crap out of him.

So by giving Jason Silent steps. Jason could walk right into a cabin, and approach a councillor (Who didn't barricade the door) who's back is turned and desperately searching drawers for a pocket knife, just to turn around too have Jason standing directly behind him.

Don't know about soundless but quieter yes soundless would be waaaaay OP, he'd need some massive downfall to counter that even increased stun time wouldn't balance that I think

guys i made a entire topic about this but i watched the movie and this is what i think

Strengths

+ Water Speed

+Stalk

+Can Run

Weaknesses

-Hit Points

-Morph

-Traps

Reasons

+Water speed because in the movie he gets 2 water kills

+Stalk He killed many people without alerting anyone

+can run because he did run in the movie

-Hit points took 1 hit of a machete to knock off mask

-Morph took him awhile to get to the house from the hostiptal

-Traps couldve think of anything else

Edited by FlameRiderSD
edited because forgot to add reasons

1 hour ago, Dandan10 said:

Don't know about soundless but quieter yes soundless would be waaaaay OP, he'd need some massive downfall to counter that even increased stun time wouldn't balance that I think

Yeah maybe a 50% footsteps reduction. He'd still have proximity music, so you would know he's around.

Some good ideas here.

-+Run

+Destruction

+Stalk

- Morph

- Less HP

- Weapon Strength (Took multiple hits to put Rob down, took two hits to put down Jimbo)

I would add water speed as a strength if water escapes became a permanent fixture on maps, but they aren't as of now. So his water speed would remain neutral unless the devs decide to up the strengths and weaknesses for each Jason to 4 and 4.

Should we theorize whether or not this Jason will be free DLC or paid DLC, since it is apparently against the moderators' discretion for us to simply ask the question?

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:48 PM, Miss AJ said:

Pig splitter...I really am liking the name of this weapon & it's different from the axes we already have. 

I think the name and intended function of the knife on meat instead of being a misappropriated tool for cutting vegetation brings it a whole new kind of intimidation. It seems a bit more sadistic in nature to me.

The strength and weaknesses i think part 4 should have are:

+ can run

+ shift

+ morph

- hitpoints

- stun resistance

- destruction (takes 7 hits to knock down doors instead of 5)

overall this would make him an extremely agile jason, but the thing that would really slow him down is going into cabins. The lesser destruction would be a great balancing point. The fact that he is using a pig splitter would mean it would be tougher to break down doors. Another option to swap out for the negative stun resistance would be negative traps, but i feel like this weakness would be a bit extreme.