damnenchiladas

NEVER HIKE ALONE

Just watched it and I'm really impressed with everything and how it was produced. Actors were very good. My only complaint would be I want to see more and wish it was longer but understand how much time and cost is involved. Well Done ! Congrats !  Is there DVD or Bluray for purchase as I would like to add to my collection of Friday The 13th Movies ?

Saw this the day after its release. Very impressive, really. I would love to see Kyle and the NHA Jason added to this game. 

Please ask Ben to add NHA Jason to the game (after Pamela and Roy of course). Congrats on designing the free kick kill in game!

I finally watched this the day before yesterday and it was amazing! It was like 127 Hours meets Friday the 13th. I would love to see a continuation done in the style of the original Halloween II in a hospital, with Jason stalking the main character and Tommy Jarvis protecting him.

@damnenchiladas Just finished watching it and it's great! The perfect way to bring Jason into modern times. 

One of my favorite parts was when the coyotes were howling in the distance and then you hear Jason kill them. It's like he's the Jaws of the forest. A subtle but very effective layer to Jason that I don't think was ever touched upon before.

Great job! Looking forward to see what else you guys have to offer.

This was my the best Friday the 13th fan film ever imo

Does anyone know if this is getting a physical release?  Be nice to have this alongside the other Friday the 13th dvds on the shelf.

On 1/9/2018 at 3:13 AM, PurpleFloyd said:

Does anyone know if this is getting a physical release?  Be nice to have this alongside the other Friday the 13th dvds on the shelf.

Doubtful. It is a non-profit fan film that doesn't have franchise rights. If they did anything to turn a profit, it would become a legal shitstorm. They are also unlikely to spend more money to produce DVDs they won't get a profit for.

3 hours ago, Alkavian said:

Doubtful. It is a non-profit fan film that doesn't have franchise rights. If they did anything to turn a profit, it would become a legal shitstorm. They are also unlikely to spend more money to produce DVDs they won't get a profit for.

Fair enough ... makes sense. I guess the download and burn to DVD with custom cover is always an option.

1 minute ago, PurpleFloyd said:

Fair enough ... makes sense. I guess the download and burn to DVD with custom cover is always an option.

Probably the best choice.😁

Sadly, @damnenchiladas has been missing from the forums since December 27th. Hope he returns soon.

Finally watched this and really liked it. I went in not expecting much and not really knowing anything about it. Glad I saw it w/o it being ruined by spoilers. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

I am around! 

We are launching an indigogo campaign on March 15, 2017 to support a limited run of Blu Rays and DVDs. 

Gun is legally blocked from including NHA characters in the game. 

Feel free to post any more questions, I'll try to get to them soon. 

On 1/16/2018 at 7:37 PM, damnenchiladas said:

I'm guessing this is related to New Line?

8 hours ago, Alkavian said:

I'm guessing this is related to New Line?

No, not at all. Everything that appears within the game is under the official Friday the 13th property. We are not apart of the official franchise so we cannot legally share the same space. Including us as official material would technically recognize us and that would become a legal issue. 

We have not heard anything from any rights holders of the franchise. The legal battle is still being decided and Paramount still needs to transfer their distribution rights back to New Line / Warner Brothers. The judge is still deciding whether or not the case will be dismissed or go to trial. If it goes to trial then it's going to be a long time before we know the fate of Friday the 13th. 

All that said, the Gun has been a huge supporter the film on social media which was crucial during crowdfunding. This spring I was even invited to the second round of mocap kills so single player mode in Los Angeles. I met most of the Gun and IF teams along with Kane and the stunt crew. Got to observe a lot of things I can't talk about, but did let me guest design the kill "Free Kick," inspired by the Times Square Boom Box Punt in Part 8. The goal, is to see how many heads we can get flying around the map, through windows, and whatever else people come up with. I honestly did not think it would make it into the game because it was a last minute idea while there was still time on the floor.

Yeah, it sucks that the legal mess is getting in the way with a lot of things. but when you get to level 125 go ahead and punt a head off in the name of Never Hike Alone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, damnenchiladas said:

No, not at all. Everything that appears within the game is under the official Friday the 13th property. We are not apart of the official franchise so we cannot legally share the same space. Including us as official material would technically recognize us and that would become a legal issue. 

We have not heard anything from any rights holders of the franchise. The legal battle is still being decided and Paramount still needs to transfer their distribution rights back to New Line / Warner Brothers. The judge is still deciding whether or not the case will be dismissed or go to trial. If it goes to trial then it's going to be a long time before we know the fate of Friday the 13th. 

All that said, the Gun has been a huge supporter the film on social media which was crucial during crowdfunding. This spring I was even invited to the second round of mocap kills so single player mode in Los Angeles. I met most of the Gun and IF teams along with Kane and the stunt crew. Got to observe a lot of things I can't talk about, but did let me guest design the kill "Free Kick," inspired by the Times Square Boom Box Punt in Part 8. The goal, is to see how many heads we can get flying around the map, through windows, and whatever else people come up with. I honestly did not think it would make it into the game because it was a last minute idea while there was still time on the floor.

Yeah, it sucks that the legal mess is getting in the way with a lot of things. but when you get to level 125 go ahead and punt a head off in the name of Never Hike Alone. 

That was a beautiful succinct explanation! Thanks a bunch for taking the time to enlighten us in that regard. I'll be sure to punt one for you guys. 😃

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 2:37 AM, damnenchiladas said:

I am around! 

We are launching an indigogo campaign on March 15, 2017 to support a limited run of Blu Rays and DVDs. 

Feel free to post any more questions, I'll try to get to them soon. 

Great news!! Stick me down for a Blu-ray

7 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

@damnenchiladas AHAHA I get it! The "kickstarter" kill! 

LOL I didn't think of it like that @Redcat345 but I'll take it! 

"Free Kick" was about the 5th kill I pitched to them. With about 60-90 minutes left in the day, the gang was ahead of schedule and Ronnie asked me to come up with a kill under this criteria: Grab kill, no weapon, no environment, no stunt rigging (wires / pulleys) , free to add a direct reference to Never Hike Alone

I actually decided not to copy anything from NHA because I felt everything we did in the film was already represented in one way or another. Like, how many more head crushes do we need lol? So I pitched things I wanted to see in the game.

Here's a quick list of the rejected kills. 

Rejected Kills:
Part 6 Sheriff Garris Back Breaker:  Rigging of the characters doesn't allow that kind of movement.
Hammer Fist a Counselor's head out their ass:  Physics and animation do allow the head to move within the body of a character 
Pulling a counselor limb off and beating them to death with it: Once a limb is removed, it is not an asset Jason can hold 
Grabbing a Counselor's NHA style and removing it shoulders: Once a limb is removed, it is not an asset Jason can hold so the animation would look weird 

There were a few more rapid fire thoughts I can't remember, but I got the kick idea after talking with Kane during one of the breaks. He was telling us a funny story about the first take in Times Square in JTM where he kicked the boom box super hard, didn't see where it landed, and then tripped over it. Right after it kind of hit me that we could repurpose a direct Jason action from a film into a kill. Ronnie is an expert on how to get the counselors moved around into the right kill positions so he designed the lead up and then Kane improvised Jason looking up into the sky for the head. 

• Like 2

How come I never knew about this thread?

Just had to comment here. Watched this the other day and it was absolutely fantastic. A great achievement all around (and a fantastic idea for a modern Friday movie, the whole survivalist/Youtuber angle).

• Like 1

Great fan film. A run down camp map was hinted on the stretch goals for this game and I would love it to be the location in never hike alone. Its so creepy and you could have that weird big main building and the old blood-splattered crime scenes. 

• Like 1