HowAreYa

Bans for leaving matches

1 hour ago, pro5pt0 said:

Since I started my F13 pals community 80-90% of the time we play nothing but private matches. For the last 1.5-2 months my F13 experience has been much better because of this change. Every now and then we don't have enough for a private match so we will do a quick play. But even then I have 3-4 friends with me. And I just keep queue'n up till it creates a public match. That way we don't have the main drawback of public games, the host rage quitting, or bad host disconnects. Then I see these type threads, which does nothing more than reinforce the way I choose to currently play this game. Private matches or nothing! Make some friends, or join a community and your F13 experience will be night and day! Good luck! :)

Thanks for the advice! I appreciate that. ;)

I only ever quit as a counselor before being killed if the Jason player was using the blocking exploit to block my traps and stuns. Shit players like that don't deserve points. 

I don't think you can ban for quitting until they patch certain exploits. If a Jason is exploiting it's no fun and also if a counselor is exploiting it's no fun as Jason. 
If a counselor is in a spot I can't reach or doing something that guarantees them a victory I understand if you were to quit and not give them the feeling of success or the xp.

Not that I've quit before, I'm just saying that I understand in some instances if there is exploiting you'd lose interest in the game and want to leave.

I had guy trolling me through the whole match as Vanessa, when I was Part 3 Jason. Kept window hopping, and getting his flares to nail me. Then going on mic bragging at how much he's outsmarting me and laughing, life is great for him. It's down to just me and him, and he's at the garage shed near the police escape on Crystal Lake. I chase him with Shift and he's back through a window, still taunting me. I turn on Stalk and Morph literally just about where I was and move out of the sight of the windows. So he thinks I'm gone now, and my Shift is recharged, and he decides to make a run for the police, to safety, and I shift over to him and grab him and perform the Stomp kill, he says "FUCK THIS!" and rage quits before the animation finishes so the match ends while you still hear the sound of the animation playing lol. Even though I didn't get the XP or kill count, I still felt great finally knocking this guy off the cloud he was flying on HAHA!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On September 8, 2017 at 2:38 PM, rickyount02 said:

If people were unable to leave once a grab started the problem would virtually disappear. They would probably find another way to be dick's but at least you'd get the kill and we wouldn't need to discuss it.

For those players, that's the big F U to Jason. "Oh you're over powered and you caught me, but I'm a turd so check this out. Leaves." This mentality is such trash and no one should defend it. 

I'm not a Jason sympathizer either. I'm more in the, be a decent human being, camp.

I can't believe how many people that play this game are just horrible people online. They may be normal upstanding adults IRL but when it comes to the anonymity of the internet, they're awful.

The rage and insults are profound. I have had ppl body block me at doors and windows so jason can grab me, yea im a quitter. I used to be like the ones who stayed and did the right thing. Now with all the trolling, i do the chad thing. This company made a amazing game, but its also the worst development company in gaming. I have never seen a company who makes the game literally unplayable after every patch.

LJugdNG.jpg

Third match today and there were only leavers.. At least 4 each match. It really got out of hand. I'm wondering when this will be discussed and the dev's actually do something against this. This is insane. Got 1/7 in this match as Jason btw. 4 left without reason and 2 left because I was killing them.

6 minutes ago, HowAreYa said:

LJugdNG.jpg

Third match today and there were only leavers.. At least 4 each match. It really got out of hand. I'm wondering when this will be discussed and the dev's actually do something against this. This is insane. Got 1/7 in this match as Jason btw. 4 left without reason and 2 left because I was killing them.

Frequent leaving to deny Jason the kill is against the rules now. I got fed up with this shit myself, and now I record every match now. I literally had the entire lobby leave on me before I got the kill more than once yesterday. It's satisfying at first, but when you play 3-4 matches and only get credit for 3-4 kills, it's fucking annoying.

When I see those guys in matches later on, I always call them out on their cowardice.

• Like 1

out of all matches I played,  I only left a match once, early in the match, because I was gonna join someone that invited me during match.

but I'm not gonna leave a match after that cause I don't want any behind the scenes mistakening of why I left the match, don't wanna be seen like some rage quitter when that's not the case.

I've only left matches when people are straight up teaming or when my cat presses the power button because she likes laying on the PS4.

Most of the time I'll stay though. I like to teach people a lesson by surviving and they end up leaving XD best feeling in the world tbh. I would say the times I left from teaming were because I just dealt with several lobbies of teamers - back to back -and I just wanted to play a decent game.