HowAreYa

Bans for leaving matches

So, I still see people leaving if they're not Jason or they're dying in an animation. The "new" Code of Conduct says that people are getting a temporary ban for leaving, but it hasn't happened so far. I think this needs to be discussed. I just got a match as Jason and the last guy was hiding in a cabin. After I broke the door he missed his shotgun shot, said "shit" and left. 5/7 instead of 7/7. One left of course of not being Jason.

I didn't find a topic about getting a temporary ban for leaving mid-match. If there is, I'm sorry.

What if there is a legit reason. What if someone turns off your console? What if you have leave for an emergency? What if the power went out? What if you just felt like playing another game? 

• Like 3

That's the problem is, sometimes it's not your fault to leave so the best way is to log trends.  If they have an extended record of abandoning games then, yes, a temp ban should be warranted.  If it's like one or two or even 3 withing a month, we could assume they aren't maliciously abandoning the game.

• Like 1

There are only 2 reasons I will ever leave a match before it's finished:

1.  If Jason chases me across the map while ignoring all other counselors, for whatever reason, and I don't particularly care what it is.  I'm sick of shitty Jasons who do that.

2. If I'm on a "team" of counselors who don't do anything, no repairs, no helping others, and one just follows me (or others) around searching drawers and hoarding med sprays/knives (especially annoying if I'm already searching the house).

Either of these 2 things is done, I'm gone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cpt_Obviuos said:

1.  If Jason chases me across the map while ignoring all other counselors, for whatever reason, and I don't particularly care what it is.  I'm sick of shitty Jasons who do that.

2. If I'm on a "team" of counselors who don't do anything, no repairs, no helping others, and one just follows me (or others) around searching drawers and hoarding med sprays/knives (especially annoying if I'm already searching the house).

In either of those scenarios, If you wait till Jason grabs you to quit then you're no different from them.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mojitodominic said:

In either of those scenarios, If you wait till Jason grabs you to quit then you're no different from them.

I agree with you. As Jason it's not fun at all to kill a few counselors. You just want them all. If you started a match, you'll have to finish it till you're officially dead in my opinion. Leaving after being killed is not a problem, but while being killed is. No matter if the other survivers or Jason are idiots.

• Like 1

The simple fix is put a timer of 30 seconds. If you quit , turn off you router, ps4 whatever, you stay on the match for 30 seconds before leaving. Something like The Division Does in the Dark Zone. Of course I have no clue what are the implications in terms of coding.

1 minute ago, mojitodominic said:

The simple fix is put a timer of 30 seconds. If you quit , turn off you router, ps4 whatever, you stay on the match for 30 seconds before leaving. Something like The Division Does in the Dark Zone. Of course I have no clue what are the implications in terms of coding.

Would like to see this, but I think the devs are too busy with fixing bugs and making new content, so we won't see it happen for a long time.

7 minutes ago, mojitodominic said:

If people were unable to leave once a grab started the problem would virtually disappear. They would probably find another way to be dick's but at least you'd get the kill and we wouldn't need to discuss it.

For those players, that's the big F U to Jason. "Oh you're over powered and you caught me, but I'm a turd so check this out. Leaves." This mentality is such trash and no one should defend it. 

I'm not a Jason sympathizer either. I'm more in the, be a decent human being, camp.

I can't believe how many people that play this game are just horrible people online. They may be normal upstanding adults IRL but when it comes to the anonymity of the internet, they're awful.

The rage and insults are profound.

• Like 1

I was in a match maybe 2 hrs ago playing as J8. I had killed every counselor but 1, 3 players left after getting killed. The last remaining player was in a cabin, I shifted to the door and they left the match - ending it. I got 7/8. This is the first time I've had another player leave before I can even attempt to chase them.

Half the lobby had left when the post-match scene played.

• Like 1

a lot of online games do this, like if you quit so many times in a short time you get a short ban, and if you keep it up the ban goes to like 24 hours, so you do get a bit of leeway if your internet goes out or something important come up.

Of Course, something else to keep in mind, and i will continue to harp on this until they actual put it in the freaking game, is the rules aren't actually anywhere near the game right now, so until there is a TOS/EULA in the game, don't expect this to be implemented until that happens, But then again with this game, they are doing everything backwards, so who knows, maybe they will ban more people for breaking rules no in the game. :unsure:

5 hours ago, mojitodominic said:

Agreed.  I don't wait, if I've dove through several windows of several houses and Jason's still on me, I quit then, before he grabs me.  That's a straight bitch move, IMO.

Same with my #2, if the other counselors aren't doing anything, I go, before it gets ugly.  Or I might stick around if the others are really bad just for shits and giggles.

Honestly I think what bothers me most about someone leaving is still going through the animation and wasted time.  Basically those situations where as you're stuck in the animation killing someone and you can hear something else that's requires your attention.  Granted the response is the same whether they quit or not but having nothing to show for it is a bummer.

12 hours ago, Cpt_Obviuos said:

Hate to point out the obvious but those aren't good reasons for quitting. Surviving when Jason has it in for you or when others aren't working together might be tougher but it makes victory that much sweeter. 

If you quit before dying it should just give Jason the kill and player the death. The cause of death displayed should be 'scared to death'. They should also create a viewable stats page so you can view a players kills, deaths, escapes, etc and scared to death stat should be one of the viewable stats. Also, bans for excessive quitting before dying. They said they would be doing bans but I don't think they have started because I still see a ton of people quitting. 

• Like 3

From what I see you would have to ban everyone. We have all quit a match at one point or another. I recorded a clip of spawning right at the phone box.

Jason morphs to my exact spot to kill me. I instantly quit. It was less than 10 seconds. I spent 5 minutes waiting for the lobby to start.

I'm not going to waste 20 minutes watching everyone. Not fun or worth my time.

PLEASE FIX THE SPAWN SYSTEM!

I waited 20 minutes waiting to join my friends game. Next game I get in and I die at the phone box right at the start. I quit right away.

Not waisting 40 minutes of time waiting to play. That is bullshit. Don't ban players for leaving. Fix your game and make it worth my time to stay.

Maybe add a mini game to play in spectate mode.

• Like 1

If i have to quit a match early, i sprint to jason shouting "hey kill me i gotta go!" most of the time they are very happy to get that kill an thank me for not just quitting. 

Sometimes i get the "are you sure man? I'll let you just stand there if youll brb" an one single time o had a jason ayer convinced i wad just trying to get killed to be tommy so we cld kill him, took an extra 2 mins to convince him i just had to go lol actually my fiance grabbed my mic an said "just kill his ass so we can leave!" an the dude roared with laughter as he grabbed an then throwing axed me. It was a good time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

From what I see you would have to ban everyone. We have all quit a match at one point or another. I recorded a clip of spawning right at the phone box.

Jason morphs to my exact spot to kill me. I instantly quit. It was less than 10 seconds. I spent 5 minutes waiting for the lobby to start.

I'm not going to waste 20 minutes watching everyone. Not fun or worth my time.

PLEASE FIX THE SPAWN SYSTEM!

I waited 20 minutes waiting to join my friends game. Next game I get in and I die at the phone box right at the start. I quit right away.

Not waisting 40 minutes of time waiting to play. That is bullshit. Don't ban players for leaving. Fix your game and make it worth my time to stay.

Maybe add a mini game to play in spectate mode.

But you leave before he kills you. Leaving isn't a problem if you don't want to wait 20 minutes, but before dying is. If you're death, it's okay if you leave. As Jason you also won't like it if they do the same to you.

11 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

From what I see you would have to ban everyone. We have all quit a match at one point or another. 

The only times I ever quit matches is when other players were team killing.

Just played 2 matches. As Jason, 4 left mid-kill. I really hate this. The behaviour of a part of the community definitely didn't change after the new CoC. As counselor, I saw someone teaming with Jason (has actually nothing to do with the subject of this topic, but I just mention it). I know it's bannable, but it wasn't obvious enough as proof. I checked his profile and he was Jason's friend. And after he started the car and people got in, Jason only picked the passengers and let the driver escape. I gotta hate playing this game again unfortunately. Something has to be done about this. Bugs and exploits are much less irritating at the moment. I don't even dare using a long animation kill, because they'll probably leave as usually.

Yeah, that's another thing, counselors who help their homeboy Jason out, they make me want to quit the game.  It's hard enough trying to find a good match without that crap going on too.  And the only reason these people think it's so funny is because nobody can reach through their monitors and choke them.

But I'm working on inventing such a monitor.  You little fuckers.

• Like 1

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This is not a behavior that justifies a ban.

Besides, as I've also pointed out before, one way to prevent people from lobby hopping until they spawn as Jason is to flag anyone who leaves a match early, and set them to automatically be a counselor in the next match. It's a slap on the wrist for someone who DC's accidentally, but it puts a lid on the lobby hopping, as they would be continually flagged to be a counselor.

On 9/8/2017 at 2:29 PM, The Razor's Edge said:

I was in a match maybe 2 hrs ago playing as J8. I had killed every counselor but 1, 3 players left after getting killed. The last remaining player was in a cabin, I shifted to the door and they left the match - ending it. I got 7/8. This is the first time I've had another player leave before I can even attempt to chase them.

Half the lobby had left when the post-match scene played.

this happens to me when i play jason!! I dont mind it much cuz i still count it as a perfect 8/8 but it takes out the fun of the hunt!!!

• Like 1

On 9/8/2017 at 8:56 AM, HowAreYa said:

So, I still see people leaving if they're not Jason or they're dying in an animation. The "new" Code of Conduct says that people are getting a temporary ban for leaving, but it hasn't happened so far. I think this needs to be discussed. I just got a match as Jason and the last guy was hiding in a cabin. After I broke the door he missed his shotgun shot, said "shit" and left. 5/7 instead of 7/7. One left of course of not being Jason.

I didn't find a topic about getting a temporary ban for leaving mid-match. If there is, I'm sorry.

Since I started my F13 pals community 80-90% of the time we play nothing but private matches. For the last 1.5-2 months my F13 experience has been much better because of this change. Every now and then we don't have enough for a private match so we will do a quick play. But even then I have 3-4 friends with me. And I just keep queue'n up till it creates a public match. That way we don't have the main drawback of public games, the host rage quitting, or bad host disconnects. Then I see these type threads, which does nothing more than reinforce the way I choose to currently play this game. Private matches or nothing! Make some friends, or join a community and your F13 experience will be night and day! Good luck! :)