Goldenking

What kind of music do you like?

I'm a huge fan of Mr. Suicide Sheep. Despite the name, he has an impressive collection of music ranging anywhere from techno, club, new wave, and many other genres. The whole thing is free; he helps artists gain exposure through his youtube account. Of the many groups, MitiS has to be one of my favorites on my downtime when I need to relax:

On another note, is there a "spoiler" option on these forums? It makes it easier to help keep videos from slowing down a page, and I've seen people use it before, I just don't know how.

Avenged Sevenfold, CKY, Black Veil Brides, Children of Bodom, Avatar, Death, Papa Roach, Korn, Kiss, Disturbed, Switchfoot, Skillet, Thousand Foot Krutch, Memphis May Fire, Darkness Divided, Phinehas, The Devil Wears Prada, Asking Alexandria, Skid Row, Metallica, Megadeth, Michael Jackson, Prince, One Republic, 2-Pac, etc. I listen to a variety 

I’m an older fella from the MTV generation. I love 80’s rock, 70’s rock. My favorites bands...Huey Lewis and the News, Def Leppard, The Eagles, among others. Got into R&B in the 90’s. Eminem in the 90’s. Discovered Green Day in the 2000s. 

I've been listening to a lot of metal music lately.

The correct way to listen to metal music, is by listening to it at full volume to the point where hearing damage takes place.  Anything less than full volume is unacceptable.

Rock and Metal mostly

few favorites

The Agonist

Korn

Rob Zombie

Staind

Seether

Dio

Black Sabbath

Evanescence

Arch Enemy

Blutengel

Rammstein

OOMPH

Megaherz

Eisbrecher

Avenged Sevenfold

Rainbow

Iron Maiden

Creed

Nickelback

Godsmack

Fleetwood Mac

Stevie Nicks

Tom Petty

Ozzy Osbourne

Motorhead

Motley Crue

Cinderella

Dokken

Marilyn Manson

Tool

Static X

Epica

Unleash the Archers

Amon Amarth

Killswitch Engage

Whew! I don't even know where to begin. 80s-90s metal is probably my favorite genre, but I listen to a wide variety of artists in many genres and sub-genres. 

1. 80s-90s Metal- Pantera, Slayer, Deicide, Flotsam and Jetsam, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Megadeth, Anthrax,  Sepultura, Disturbed Coal Chamber, Down  etc...etc...etc...

2. Classic Rock- Zeppelin, Bad Company, AC/DC, Van Halen, Motley Crue, Scorpions, Def Leppard, Whitesnake etc...etc...etc...

3. Not quite heavy metal, but not basic rock- Dio, Helloween, W.A.S.P., Black Sabbath, Skid Row(Not the first album), White Zombie, Tool, etc...etc...well, you get the picture.

4. Some of the new-ish (2000 on) metal type stuff- DIsturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Lamb of God, Mastodon. I'll be honest, I haven't kept up with newer metal bands in the last few years.

Some old school rap (Like NWA and L.L. Cool J). Some really old country, when they actually told stories, like Hank Williams. I like R&B songs with a good vibe. 

I absolutely cannot stand pop, I don't give a damn what decade it is from. But I especially despise the auto-tuned bullshit that is out now. 9 times out of 10, I can't tell if it is a dude or a chick singing.

Gangsta Rap- I'll be honest, I'm not a fan. I know I listed NWA before, but that is because they felt like pioneers in the genre. I like originality. I don't care about your bitches and hos, and I could care less about what gang you used to be in. Good for you for earning money for your talent and getting out of that life, now shut the fuck up about everything you have. If you are earning plenty of money and still doing that gangbanging shit, I don't want to hear about that either.

OK. Once again, I have rambled on long enough. When I think about my posts beforehand, they are usually short. If I am just shooting from the hip, I tend to make posts that no one in their right mind is going to take the time to read. Oh well, this gave me something to do while trying to download stuff onto my new XBox.

Man, I dig all kinds of stuff. I like variety. Everything from classic country to heavy metal to Weird Al. 

That being said, Alice in Chains is my absolute favorite band. I love all of their albums...seen 'em twice and hoping for more. The first tattoo I got was their sun logo on my forearm. 

I've been on a black metal kick lately. I don't like black metal that's explicitly anti-theistic, anti-religious, or Satanic because it creeps me out and I'm also a Christian, but I do really like Satyricon, Immortal, Abbath, and Celtic Frost. I've also been getting into a lot of deathcore, hardcore, extreme metal, etc. I just started listening to Dying Fetus, Decapitation, At the Gates, and Cattle Decapitation. I've also been using Spotify to revisit my tastes for nineties death metal, which has mainly consisted of Pestilence and Death. Pestilence's singer is also in  a band called Asphyx, and they have a lot of really cool songs. In the car, I currently have Prince's "4ever" greatest hits CD on constant replay. Key tracks I listen to on loop are "1999", "Little Red Corvette", "When Doves Cry", and "Purple Rain."

Also, to be more specific about a post I made last month, rather than list bands, I'll list sub genres and be more specific of what I like: some examples of my favs in parenthesis) 

Grunge and/or Post-Grunge (Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Mud Honey, Meat Puppets, Creed, 12 Stones, etc.)

Death Metal (Death, Pestilence, Asphyx, Cancer, Morbid Angel, Fear Factory, Grave, Vader, etc.)

Melodic Death Metal (World Under Blood, At The Gates, In Flames, Carcass, Children of Bodom, etc.)

some black metal, but only specific bands. I'm picky about this genre because of my personal beliefs (I don't like Satanic lyrics. I really like Satyricon, Immortal, Abbath, Celtic Frost, Enslaved, etc.)

Metalcore (Asking Alexandria, early Avenged Sevenfold and Black Veil Brides, Killswitch Engage, Bullet for My Valentine, Converge, The Devil Wears Prada, Of Mice and Men, Memphis May Fire, etc.)

Deathcore (Suicide Silence, With Blood Comes Cleansing,  Darkness Divided, Impending Doom, In the Midst of Lions, The Acacia Strain, After the Burial, Rings of Saturn, Fit for An Autopsy, Upon A Burning Body, Job for A Cowboy, etc.)

Grindcore (Napalm Death, Wormrot, Repulsion, etc.)

Thrash Metal (Metallica, Megadeth, Testament, Exhorder, Havok, etc.)

Glam Metal/Hair Metal (Cinderella, W.A.S.P,  Motley Crue, Poison, Warrant, Winger, Bon Jovi, etc.)

Hard Rock (Skid Row, Guns N Roses, later Avenged Sevenfold, etc.)

Punk Rock (Misfits, Ramones, Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, etc.)

Contemporary Christian (Lauren Daigle, David Crowder, needtobreathe, Third Day, Casting Crowns, etc.)

Christian Metal (For Today, Saving Grace, Theocracy, Phinehas, Impending Doom, War of Ages, The Devil Wears Prada, Confide, etc.)

Christian Rock (Thousand Foot Krutch, Skillet, We As Human, Hawk Nelson, etc.)

Rap and Hip Hop (Tupac, Biggie Smalls, N.W.A, Run DMC, Public Enemy, Eminem, Lil Wayne, etc.)

Christian Rap (Lecrae, Trip Lee, KB, Tedashii, Andy Mineo, Don Ready (probably never heard of him, he's a Christian rapper from Kentucky that's actually just as good as the mainstream ones), etc.)

80's Pop (Billy Idol, Bonnie Tyler, Cyndi Lauper, Prince, Michael Jackson, a-Ha, Tears for Fears, etc.)

Pop Punk (Green Day, Knuckle Puck, Blink-182, Bowling For Soup, Neck Deep, Anti-Flag, etc.)

Nu Metal (Slipknot, Linkin Park, Korn, etc.)  

Emo (My Chemical Romance, Get Scared, etc.)

Country (Johnny Cash, John Anderson, Waylon Jennings, The Highwaymen, Ronnie Milsap, Lady Antebellum, Zak Brown Band, etc.)

Things idk how to classify, but I like: Camp Kill Yourself (CKY) and Twenty One Pilots 

• Like 1

I'm gonna give you a like just for writing all that.

On 21/12/2017 at 8:12 PM, deathbat96777 said:

I've been on a black metal kick lately. I don't like black metal that's explicitly anti-theistic, anti-religious, or Satanic because it creeps me out and I'm also a Christian, but I do really like Satyricon, Immortal, Abbath, and Celtic Frost.

That's good enough, At the heart of winter for the winner ! ! ! :P

Technically i'm christian (i've been baptized when i was a little baby) but i don't practice my faith (if i had any anyway). And i'm not much of a satanist or paganism but i do enjoy the subject to an reasonnable extent.

I have to admit thought, when i was a late teen until iv'e reached my early 20, i guess i had a 'anti-theistic' phase in my life but i was quite a moron back then and i had my share of mistake too (nothing too serious, don't worry), believe me :lol:.

Now i'm 32 and i don't quite have the same view. I guess it's good that some of these bands chose to openly denounce the past attrocities of some of these believer but as far as it go with me, you will find fanatic and dangerous asshole everywhere no matter what faith you practice and i believe it would be better if somes of these dudes would just sit down and be like 'you know what dude? We shouldn't put shit at each other like that and we should aim our energy againt some real asshole' but with more that 7 billion people on earth, that kind of impossible i guess.

So well as far as it go with me, i'm kind of the 'the music for the music dude' and i'm kind of VERY open mind.... except for NSBM and Racist shit of course... fuck those guys, they should go to hell anyway....

But hey, it's a musical discussion right?

I'm a lot into traditionnal Heavy-Metal too and i enjoyed some old british stuff like Angel Witch, Diamond Head, Satan, Iron Maiden (of course), Wytchfinde and i guess i can't name them all. You'll find a lot of thrash metal too in my record collection ranging from Slayer to Kreator with old Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth but with a good dose of Testament and Forbidden too (can't name them all... again).

Outside of my passion for metal, i am into punk and alternative stuff too.... i also enjoy the John Williams record (big fan of Star Wars here), some video game ost too....

I went through an anti-theistic phase in high school. It got to its bleakest point with me trying to start a blackened industrial metal band. Long story haha. My conversion experience happened in March 2013, and i've never been the same! I try to practice my faith mainly through my actions, thinking, and attitude. I think God is much more concerned with how we treat others than he is the music we listen to. God to me isn't a cosmic, grump all-knowing father time like most paint Him to be. I don't think He paces around in Heaven sipping Malox when we listen to Slayer, but I do think He gets disappointed when we treat others like crap, or ourselves like crap, for that matter. If you ever want to gab about spiritualism or religion, private message me on here or look up Dylan Andrew Perkins on Facebook. That'd be me. I try to practice Christianity more like a philosophy than a religion. Religion caused the Crusades and flew planes into skyscrapers. Jesus fed the poor, healed the sick, rebuked religious piety and had close, personal relationships with people that believed and thought differently than Him. Sounds better than religion to me!  I would encourage you to explore your faith more and try to lear more about it. You may reach different conclusions, but it's definitely interesting! Getting back on topic,  some highlights from my Spotify playlist: "Live Undead",  "Skeletons of Society", "Seasons in the Abyss", and "Disposable Youth" by Slayer,  "Rose of Sharon" and "Breathe Life" by Killswitch Engage, and "It Came From the Sky" by Asphyx 

The Beatles.

I can safely say that if God came to me and said, "I am removing all music from existence except for the Beatles," I would not be upset at all.

I think R.E.M. is America's greatest band, followed closely (if not tied) by Metallica.

Elvis will always be the King!

Smokey Robinson is too good to be human.

I have a great appreciation for John Williams.

Tchaikovsky is a popstar.

Stevie Wonder is the definition of amazing!

The Ramones are pure inspiration. 

The Clash, the Police, AC/DC, Phil Collins...Lionel Richie is a goddamn genius! Phil Spector. 

Fucking wait!....Bill Withers!!! Are you kidding me or what?!?

I gotta stop because I'll start writing a novel....

On 12/15/2017 at 7:43 AM, pitbullrescue said:

I mostly dig on metal and punk. Stoked to see Converge Saturday night in Philly!

love converge. their new album is pretty solid. how was the show? i saw them years ago with high on fire and dethklok. they were great but the crowd was totally confused by them (which almost made them better.) 

On 12/26/2017 at 5:22 AM, deathbat96777 said:

I don't think He paces around in Heaven sipping Malox when we listen to Slayer... 

fun fact: tom araya (slayer singer/bassist) is a born-again christian and has been for years. 

Right now i'n into old Enslaved stuff. Musically, it's black metal to the core but the lyrics are about norse mythology and Vikings.

When you grow with middle aged black parents, you will hear a lot of old school black music, and I’m a old soul in a young body. I love classic R&B, funk, disco, motown, and new jack swing.  Earth, Wind, and Fire, Stevie Wonder, Stephanie Mills, Michael Jackson, Prince, Whitney Houston, Teddy Pendergrass, Al Green, Rick James, New Edition, Bobby Brown, Teena Marie, and Janet Jackson are among my favorites. I also love 80s pop music. Classic Country is also the only form of country music that I have a taste for.

I’m a sucker for 90s hip hop. It’s the golden era for a reason. My favorites from that era are A Tribe Called Quest, Wu Tang Clan, Tupac, Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg, And Eazy E. Black female rappers also flourished in that era.

90s R&B/Hip Hop Soul groups and artists like Tony Toní Tone, Bell Biv Devoe, En Vogue, SWV, Total, Xescape, Mint Condition, Aaliyah, Jodeci, and Mary J Blige are a go to when I want to relax. Or party. Early 2000s crunk music is also a fave.

As for modern music, I listen to Beyoncé, Ciara, Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Drake, and Alicia Keys, among others. I like some pop music, and some alternative groups but not enough to have favorites.

I don’t a lot of these new rappers. Majority are ugly, can’t rap, and look like goblins. I mean I like some trap music like Migos, and I like to listen to some ratchet music, but most rapper these days with “lil” or a number in their name are not valid and their music is most likely ass. 

Overall, I have favorites, but I’ll listen to anything that’s good.

16 hours ago, LadySansaLannister said:

When you grow with middle aged black parents, you will hear a lot of old school black music, and I’m a old soul in a young body. I love classic R&B, funk, disco, motown, and new jack swing.  Earth, Wind, and Fire, Stevie Wonder, Stephanie Mills, Michael Jackson, Prince, Whitney Houston, Teddy Pendergrass, Al Green, Rick James, New Edition, Bobby Brown, Teena Marie, and Janet Jackson are among my favorites. I also love 80s pop music. Classic Country is also the only form of country music that I have a taste for.

I’m a sucker for 90s hip hop. It’s the golden era for a reason. My favorites from that era are A Tribe Called Quest, Wu Tang Clan, Tupac, Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg, And Eazy E. Black female rappers also flourished in that era.

90s R&B/Hip Hop Soul groups and artists like Tony Toní Tone, Bell Biv Devoe, En Vogue, SWV, Total, Xescape, Mint Condition, Aaliyah, Jodeci, and Mary J Blige are a go to when I want to relax. Or party. Early 2000s crunk music is also a fave.

As for modern music, I listen to Beyoncé, Ciara, Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Drake, and Alicia Keys, among others. I like some pop music, and some alternative groups but not enough to have favorites.

I don’t a lot of these new rappers. Majority are ugly, can’t rap, and look like goblins. I mean I like some trap music like Migos, and I like to listen to some ratchet music, but most rapper these days with “lil” or a number in their name are not valid and their music is most likely ass. 

Overall, I have favorites, but I’ll listen to anything that’s good.

‘90’s R&B was PHENOMENAL! It was like every week a new album dropped that was a 10/10 and a must-buy. I went broke in those days, before YouTube and file-sharing. Had to buy it if you wanted to have it! Still have the over 100+ albums I bought back then in that genre alone. Still sounds great today!

• Like 1